Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Teaming with Microbes

Hold up.. just a preview...
Best I could find was that preview, a free 30 day trial here, or this version is free on Kindle Unlimited.

Hit my pirate ego in the narrrds.
snoopy.jpg

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Next day, lights on up high and no transplant droop. Plants look quite happy actually. Thats always nice to see. The only one struggling a bit is the sky cuddler double kush front left. It was left in a really small pot far too long and sat in less than ideal conditions for a couple weeks. She aint happy. But she'll come around.
20201109 124438

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So ya wanna flush organics? Hydrogen peroxide bath and then pure water. Wipe the nutrient processors and wash the available nutrients out....

Just thinking outloud.

I have no intention of technically flushing these at the end.
By the time im halfway through flower the soil should be depleted and the only food will be what I add in EJ form. But plants should stop taking up nutrients near the end naturally in organic if its done right. The only way you can run a surplus of nutrients in the plant tissue is by force feeding them with chelated nutes.

Earth juice claims it will not burn plants even overfed. By that logic it likely shouldnt overfeed leading to excess at the end.

Ill know in a few months lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

By the time im halfway through flower the soil should be depleted and the only food will be what I add in EJ form. But plants should stop taking up nutrients near the end naturally in organic if its done right. The only way you can run a surplus of nutrients in the plant tissue is by force feeding them with chelated nutes.

Earth juice claims it will not burn plants even overfed. By that logic it likely shouldnt overfeed leading to excess at the end.

If your not unnaturally over inflating the populations with say something like molasses. In kinda thinking as the plants photosynthesis less near the end of flower they produce less excess sugars and startches. This would result in a natural reduction in populations. I could be way off bit again just thinking outlook.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, Im pretty much at the point im ready to admit i dont understand how this shit works lol.
Ive got a decent grasp of the basics, I think i understand enough to get by. But its complicated.. lol, requires more brainpower than i have to give.

Thats sort of why im choosing this style of organics to ease into it. Ill run them on the EJ diet in flower and probably just stop adding more food a couple weeks from harvest. Should be plenty left in the soil for them to finish with.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ill be honest, that doesnt look like any fertilizer burn ive ever seen. But it sure does look sketched out with all those 3 bladed leaves.

Were you ph'ing it? What were you using for soil? Was this with the whole EJ ineup?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Ill be honest, that doesnt look like any fertilizer burn ive ever seen. But it sure does look sketched out with all those 3 bladed leaves.

Were you ph'ing it? What were you using for soil? Was this with the whole EJ ineup?

It doesn't?
To me, it looks like nitrogen toxicity... But this thing has been a special case since inception... Of forty seeds, it was one of the two worst that I kept just for shits and giggles.
I had Forum GSC do the same thing in an extra hot batch of Ocean Forest.
Soil it is in is local... And hot like OF.
I haven't done a ph test.
I use EJ Sea Blast and Rainbow Mix... Both are dry amendments.

I'm growing WAY too many different phenos to worry about treating one any different than the rest... When the majority seem pretty happy.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It doesn't?
To me, it looks like nitrogen toxicity... But this thing has been a special case since inception... Of forty seeds, it was one of the two worst that I kept just for shits and giggles.
I had Forum GSC do the same thing in an extra hot batch of Ocean Forest.
Soil it is in is local... And hot like OF.
I haven't done a ph test.
I use EJ Sea Blast and Rainbow Mix... Both are dry amendments.

I'm growing WAY too many different phenos to worry about treating one any different than the rest... When the majority seem pretty happy.

Could be a bit hot. Usually N tox looks a bit glossy though. That just looks hormonally messed up. Almost like its been revegged or something.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Aaaannnnd theyre off! Honestly this mix is on the slightly hot side so i wont be surprised if they squirm for a few days.. But they should be fine. And the next couple waterings will be just lakewater.
View attachment 1053706

I'll leave them under the single T5 tonight and fire up the big lights tomorrow. I think im gonna jump straight to 1k HID and just keep them high the first couple days and lower them a bit each day. I want these classy ladies to grow as fast as possible. Hoping to flip in under 3 weeks. But, Im also going to flip them a little smaller than normal. Not by much, but a little bit for sure. The extra 4 plants should shave some time off the veg, plus since its for personal and i dont actually think this will be the last grow before next summer... lol🤣
T 5 then flip into 1000 HID , ahhh music to my ears thank heavens your here ........

Bosshogg

Bosshogg

Oh @Milson i tried mixing molasses one time and gave up.

Then later found that plants cant uptake the nutrients in the form they are in in molasses and further discovered that the sugar molecule is also too big for plant roots.

It can feed the micro biology but i find that counter intuitive as well. I would want only the micros symbiotic with the plants to survive. Not competing blooms.
A molasses and back strapple mix is more for keeping the microbes in the soil happy than being absorbed by the plant. Happy soil happy flowers 😁

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

that is absolutly correct,but also remember that what you have and what we all use and call soil is really potting soil,not soil,for true soil you need all 3 equal values of sand silt and clay,you can add all the air you want,but true soil is thick and heavy,potting soil isnt,for the fact we want to feed the potting mix nutrients,but even in true soil the plant will just die back on it on,you have to wait for it,but it as simple as just stop watering it,the clay is what will take the longest to give up the ghost per say,but when all the soil is dry the plant will die

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah, Im pretty much at the point im ready to admit i dont understand how this shit works lol.
Ive got a decent grasp of the basics, I think i understand enough to get by. But its complicated.. lol, requires more brainpower than i have to give.

Thats sort of why im choosing this style of organics to ease into it. Ill run them on the EJ diet in flower and probably just stop adding more food a couple weeks from harvest. Should be plenty left in the soil for them to finish with.
over thinking bro,it is as simple as you growing a veggie garden,in our veggie garden we still pamper our plants,but i be first to admit if that soil cant carry the load ,then my first choice is to make tea for it,but in all the garden only really gets any type of feed maybe every other week,and that when it cant carry it on weight ,from time and watering practice which leach out all the nutes from the soil,so you have heat ,leaching and the over bearing sun,but yet the crazy envorment it and all the plants grow in continue to produce fruit.
soil is set it forget it water maybe once week,depends on were you live really,how rich your geographic area soil is,up north you all got rich soil,in the south more clayish but very rich,old skol place freaking rock haaah,you just over thinking mate

Top Bottom