Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly I hadn't considered the organic inputs, as I've read organic anything in hydro is bad. But I'm also seeing a lot of hydro growers using this stuff with apparent success. @Aqua Man comes to mind. Hopefully it's processed enough that it's not going to be an issue.
Yeah I have no had a single issue with it. The organics is a very small amount. I do run a live system and have not seen any bacterial blooms or build up from organics or otherwise. So in a sterile system I can't see any issue. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. But I'm interested to see how your experience compares to pbp.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It seems nearly perfect for starting with RO without the need for extra calmag.

What sold me is the fact that they use biological chelates rather than synthetic ones, and that was one of the things my friend pointed out that made a huge difference in burn quality. The NPK ratio is excellent as well in that regrd.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And hey, turns out it's also Vegan lol..
20191112 144602

L

LeHerber

Super cool. I’ve done the same recently in a small 400w situation. I’ve almost gotten into trouble letting my ph getting too high cuz I’m use to acidic (basic) substrate. But yea. Rockwool, the lost art 😎

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm gonna have to complain about something here.. I've got a gripe!

This megacrop does not dissolve fully. It leaves a brown powdery residue on the bottom of the container and there is tiny white flakes in the dry mix which just dont dissolve at all.
Kind of annoying...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This megacrop does not dissolve fully. It leaves a brown powdery residue on the bottom of the container and there is tiny white flakes in the dry mix which just dont dissolve at all.
Kind of annoying...

I have read many reports of that. I ditched fox farm trio because of sediment. Cant drink your nutes with a bunch of sand in the bottom of the cup.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kind of annoying...
I don't dump mine straight into the res. I use one of these.

Only I got mine at the dollar store. It does take a while to dissolve bit I never had any sediment. I just hold the strainer over and sump my nutes in there swish in the water for anywhere from 30 sex to a min before it's dissolved. If it's settled on the bottom it may take a day to dissolve.

Top Bottom