Disabled Vet needing help with grow room assembly

• Thread starter 420 Vet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420 Vet

Hello all, I am a retired disabled Vet and I have always wanted to grow. Due to my disability I am in no condition to assemble a grow room and would also be very difficult for me to tend to the garden. Does anybody know of any growing styles that requires the least attention to detail and maintenance with fastest growth rate? Also if anyone knows of people who specialize in assembling grow rooms to fit my needs please let me know? I am also on a tight budget so I will need help with expenses through this process. If anybody knows of anyone who would like to help, please let me know. God bless,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you have any outdoor space you could use? It's too late in the season to start up right now to consider a finish. Do you have a closet or cabinet you could convert to growing space? While it wouldn't be the best, you can grow and flower out using CFLs pretty inexpensively.

R

Rabbi

Welcome 420 vet, i think you find you not alone here....Billygoat , myself and others here are vets dealing wiht their issues with the help of cannabis.

Like Gd above asked what state you in?

I will be glad to help where i can

Rabbi

C

CALIPURP

yea same here vet im in norcal you find some love here on the farm

420 Vet

Wow, thanks all! A friend of mine referred a guy to me that helped him set up his grow. He's gonna stop by tomorrow and speak with me about what he thinks he can do to help accommodate my situation. If he isn't able to figure out something to help me I will definitely let you guys know and I appreciate your willingness to help me. I am out of Lake Elsinore

R

Rabbit04

I'm a service connected vet as well. Also, use cannabis for my ailments. I'm new to growing though so I can't help on that part yet.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What up 420 Vet! I'm a vet and use cannabis and growing to keep my top screwed on tight ;) I wish you all the best with your grow or possibly look into a caregiver that can grow for you, maybe even on site if you have the space. I met a guy that works out of LA county and he supplies clones, or even vegged females ready to go directly into bloom, this way you only need a "flower" room. Maybe you can consider a service similar to this?? He can do large orders or small, whatever.

Welcome to the Farm by the way! Everyone here will definitely lend a hand so check out the site and do the damn thing lol. You will find that this site is over flowing with great information. Just don't stay up all night reading every post Soldier! What branch were you in? Enlisted or "the dark side"? You can tell what I was lol Use your life lines bro we got your back!

Cheers,
Crom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hempy buckets low maintenance and forgiving
MUCH more forgiving than coco, less forgiving than soil, IME. Great growth and allows you to tweak nutes far better than soil, again in my limited experience. Right now I am SO glad I went ahead and set up hempies on my balcony. If anything happens with my OD planter girls these hempy girls will become my saving grace.

All that said, for someone who's never grown before, I must recommend using soil to start.

S

supasticky

I would say a soil mix. Make sure you get someone that knows what they're doing or is okay with coming back to transplant or add more soil. and a drip system. All you need is R/O water. I would also say to do a bed instead of individual pots because with pots you probably want to transplant at some point and don't want to start out with a very large pot. As far as lighting goes, seamaiden is right that you can use CFL's or fluorescent tubes. Depends on the space. If you go with a large open space the CFL's wont work well, but if you do a closet or something like that it will work because you're keeping the light contained and bouncing around a small area. You could do HPS 250w, 400w, or 600w. All of them will get you a better yield than the CFL's, but cost more to maintain.

Hope that helps.

-Supa

420 Vet

Wow, thanks everybody for all your help and insight! The man came over yesterday and I think we have something worked out. He was very professional and showed me a complete portfolio of all his previous projects. He says he will be able to start construction as early as this weekend. The room he is setting up for me he assured me is the least maintenance which is key for me, fastest growth rate with biggest yields. I am very excited to see what my new room is going to look like! Hopefully after this weekend assuming all goes well I will be able to have my dream and will be growing! :party0044:

joeca1i

joeca1i

try those earth boxes,but I think you might need a heat cable,for the winter.

420 Vet

So they came by tuesday and began construction on my room, and I have to admit in the beginning I was a little skeptical of how everything was going to turn out. They just finished yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! I just want to give Socaldam Genetics and their team a HUGE thanks for assembling this room for me. This room is truly a dream and they took care of everything without a single out of pocket expense from me. These guys are truly professionals and took care of everything from assembly to electric and today they're bringing me my babies. Everything is completely automated and they told me the most heavy lifting I would be doing is putting the hose into the Reservoir. Thank you SCDG! :boogie:

Tray

Lights

S

SNIPER23

R u kidding me! These guys came in and built this room for you and you didn't pay for any of the equipment, nutrients or labor? Wow, that's some pretty compassionate service! I just might have to have SCDG come assemble my room. So what strains are they gonna have you runnin? Rock on Brotha!
:banana1sv6:

F

frostedlove

Thats is AWSOME BRO

Glad the Vets get taken care of in the MMJ world.
I get decent discounts compared to everyone else
due to my vet status. Very cool!

100% free is amazing!
That is one gift that keeps giving!

420 Vet

R u kidding me! These guys came in and built this room for you and you didn't pay for any of the equipment, nutrients or labor? Wow, that's some pretty compassionate service! I just might have to have SCDG come assemble my room. So what strains are they gonna have you runnin? Rock on Brotha!
:banana1sv6:
Nope, not a single penny! I was asking them what strains they planned on having me grow but they just said it doesn't matter what they give me because it's all bomb! I just laughed it off but I'll find out later this afternoon when they arrive.

Thats is AWSOME BRO

Glad the Vets get taken care of in the MMJ world.
I get decent discounts compared to everyone else
due to my vet status. Very cool!

100% free is amazing!
That is one gift that keeps giving!
Thanks bro, but what I really like about what they did is that it is clean, low maintenance and they really just catered to my disability to make this as least maintenance on me as possible.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
that is what the fuck all this is about giveing when you can mad props to you guys, and great to see that compassion meas compassion still much love and good luck with your dream garden you just won the lottery of giveaways man am i extatic for you

GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

Not doubting Bro but this thread is starting to sound 8up. LOL is this a back door attempt by that fool socaldam who was banned for being a douch. and treating everyone with disrepect.

LOL can you go get me a tent lifter, grid square, can of squelch? whats a click 420vet?

Never thought we'd hear about that fool/newschool jacker Socaldam again.

GOTO-893

H

HappyGrower

Hello & Welcome 420 Vet! Hope you enjoy the peeps here as much as I do. Loaded full of knowledge, and willing to help.

Take Care, & Peace,
HappyGrower

Top Bottom