Dispensary bashing thread...

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SoCoMMJ

Those are some pretty broad strokes. The truth is that most caregivers didn't want to give up their right to privacy and didn't want to play by unfair rules and taxation.

Actually it was a tough call as to which way to go. We decided to go the MMC route after serious deliberation. It required quitting both our day jobs and risking our retirement. It wasn't an easy choice, but it boiled down to either:
A] boot at least 15 long term patients to the curb and wish them luck
or
B] put the money up, take some risk, and have the ability to help out more

At this point we are still glad we chose to push forward. It's been pretty rewarding so far. And by that I don't mean financially.

S

Shady Acres

i've been growing non-medically in co since 98. things were fine before this medical BS

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

i've been growing non-medically in co since 98. things were fine before this medical BS
Well then we should talk. Can you oz out a bow in 2 hours? I've been told I need to step up my clientele.
:character0029:

S

Shady Acres

i don't see how that correlates to what i said. i wasn't addressing you, just making a comment in a public forum

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

i don't see how that correlates to what i said. i wasn't addressing you, just making a comment in a public forum
Yeah in retrospect my comment was a bit abstract and presupposed both of us were keeping up on all of the current CO MMJ threads. Nothing personal, just a joke. Don't worry it's not an attempted setup sting. Nobody is shooting the moon here.

I

IronLung D9

Some of us bit the bullet and moved went from awesome caregivers to magically become douche bag MMC owners

I understand yr sarcasm! Sucks that all MMC owners are considered part of the big giant evil 1284 machine.. many were very out spoken against 1284.. And get lumped in with the majority.. I am an owner and have met many owners across co and yes most are complete douche bags.. But not all there is a small pocket of people working hard to stay alive within these bullshit regs..

For many it was a case of if you can't beat em join em.. and that sucks.. There are SEVERAL problems with the current MMJ model but I'm thankful for the opportunity to work in the field, I believe in it, I believe it needs alot of repair .. (including caregivers ability to sell meds to mmcs)

if I could stress one thing it's that CO disp. Are young, it will take time to see the small biz model overtake the walmart model I believe in it, and if I can't beat em I won't join em.. in time excellent disp will rise head and shoulders above the others many will fail.. The cream always rises to the top..

And comparing commercial warehouse grows to a caregivers tent is apple to oranges.. A quality homegrow will be superior to a commercial grow everytime!

Give it time, and those doing it right will be known, 1284 set back the small biz model.. But they are not gone they are building complaint wares and coming online.. it can't happen overnight.. hate em or love em they are not all the same..

E

edux10

I hope the wal mart style dispensarys dont start to pop up.

seems like it is going to be a case of who has the most money. But i believe the best product will always come from either yourself or a private caregiver that actually looks out for your needs.

stepping to any retail (or non profit or whatever) dispensary, I know i will be selecting from what they have to offer, not something that was specifically grown for me...

I always think that CA kinda ruined medical marijuana. IF things were run how 215 stated they should have been, then we would be much better off. It is just making us look bad when it is like every dispensary is just piecing out pounds in the smallest amount possible for the highest markup they can get. And they blame the markup on the overhead of keeping a shop open. Meanwhile they have big screen tvs they are playing 360 on and are driving new cars living in nice pads etc etc etc.

Everyone should get paid for what they do but 215 wasnt really set up for anyone to make a living off growing. Not that I believe it is fair, but it is what it is.

IF in CA there were more people giving herb away to sick people or at least providing it at an afforable rate it would set a much better example to follow. No sick patient can afford and oz or 2 a week paying 300$ and oz. And there is no way to fill on any kind of insurance. I could see the MMJ thing going in the wrong direction at any time.

Guess it can be a good thing that CA is so lazy about making new MMJ laws. CO is on the ball, but here in CA we havent had much change since it was oringally passed (215, 1996)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

...And they blame the markup on the overhead of keeping a shop open. Meanwhile they have big screen tvs they are playing 360 on and are driving new cars living in nice pads etc etc etc.

nail onda head.

M

Mr Dank

the fact they can legally (under state law) grow for hundreds of patients, can have a warehouse full of buds, and can retail all at the same time....that more than makes up for their overhead

D

DoobyScoo

if I could stress one thing it's that CO disp. Are young, it will take time to see the small biz model overtake the walmart model I believe in it, and if I can't beat em I won't join em.. in time excellent disp will rise head and shoulders above the others many will fail.. The cream always rises to the top..

And comparing commercial warehouse grows to a caregivers tent is apple to oranges.. A quality homegrow will be superior to a commercial grow everytime!

Church is in session.
Regulation = Taxation Without Representation
:evilgrin0040:

D

DoobyScoo

The Greater Good

No sick patient can afford and oz or 2 a week paying 300$ and oz. And there is no way to fill on any kind of insurance. I could see the MMJ thing going in the wrong direction at any time.

Well your sick patient needs to find another disp. Or maybe they aren't that sick.
I know for a fact that many Disps freely gave to those IN NEED, and those who WANT had to pay admission. [was easier for them when they could freely source meds]

But there are plenty of DBs out there who value the almighty dollar above all else.
We taught our children Capitalism (make money), we didn't teach them about inherent need for group benefit in Capitalism.
'A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link'
'There is no "I" in "Community"'
'Time waits for no man'

Or/
The Greater Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

C

ChickenJoe

Sure there are tons of Dbags that have dispensary shops. Out of all the owners i have met none of them are even worth killin...

that said i know growers that work for dispensaries that bust their ass day in and day out trying to get everything perfect. Do their dispensary owners care??? Hell no. They want the best product at the cheapest price and if they cant get that they just want it at the cheapest price and thats all that matters. Its all a numbers game here in CO and thats business as usual not just for MMJ but every business in the country pretty much.

everyone just needs to remember, life in general is filled up with 98% douche bags that arent worth shit. Just because they sell pot on the corner of 5th and Vine doesnt exempt them from that rule. :anim_09::anim_09::anim_09:

GhostFace

GhostFace

i been saying this for years_ They aint Nothing but Glorified Dealers! enough said ;)

I

IronLung D9

i been saying this for years_ They aint Nothing but Glorified Dealers! enough said ;)

Oh Ya, Well, You Know, That's Just, Like, Your Opinion, Man ....

I respectfully disagree .. The great wall of china wasn't built in a day.. good things (shops take time to build) and most owners in general will hav money on there minds, but they will fail. The few who keep patients in mind will make it.. and of those owners... (I know many) many were patients and caregivers before the were Disp. Owners they are not sell outs they are the minority... dealers don't give medicine away to cancer patients.. I am not a dealer.. I'm a young entrepreneur attempting to create a profitable compassionate business in an never before seen newly created industry..

I can see both sides of the coin and I do find this thread to be interesting.. And a good read may complaints are extremely valid..

S

SoCoMMJ

I can see both sides of the coin and I do find this thread to be interesting.. And a good read may complaints are extremely valid..

Agreed there are probably valid points, but when the anti-dispensary growers generalize that ALL dispensaries are out to rape and pillage the patients I have a problem.

Believe it or not, there are caregivers that qualify for douche bag status. I hear the stories from patients all the time. However I understand that not ALL caregivers are out to screw over patients. A good portion of them are well intended and fill the bill.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

yep, most dispensaries are crap. high end weed comes from home gardens in general. the shops that can make themselves exceptions to these two rules will stick around. a lot of people are gonna be goin out of business. a lot. and not just because of 1284. 1284 will reinforce what the market would have done anyways. there is now way more herb than the market necessitates. starting a couple years ago, CO as a state started producing a lot more weed. i don't believe the number of people smoking has gone up as drastically.

within the next year I expect to see maybe half the shops close down.

Top Bottom