Dispensary bashing thread...

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoobyScoo

I must say this is one of the more 'civil' discussions we have had about Disps in a long while.
If growing doesn't work out for you SoCo you could always become an Ombudsman.

I

irie1

i remember the day we all dreamed of going into a store and being able to pick out what kind of weed to smoke!
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND?
the dispensaries fucked themselves.
first they drove the price down on all growers(even went as far as price fixing). While still asking top retail value.
second they drove a stake, between dispensries and caregivers. It could have been a symbiotic relationshipn (info, techniques, cuttings ect.), but lower cost was more important than quality and loyalty.
third they treat their cutomers like shit and missinform patients. some go as far as to talk down about caregivers, trying to givem a bad rep
and last point has been made post after post, the bottom line is profit. thats not whats wrong with the dispensries, its whats wrong with our society, people themselves. People suck for the most part. If every one was a little less profit driven and more about giving back something good to our human race we would have less hate and more love.

on second thought. I would probrably be a profit driven douchebag had i been given the chance when this whole CO thing started. Or would i have ran it like a non profit organization, all about the people. High quality, and low cost.

Whos to say?!, i know how i would run it now. High quality, low cost, every single last bloody thing in my store. But that might just be cause ive been tumbling around these last years being treated like a schmuck. shitty clones, and no love.

DISPENSARY OWNERS!! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE YOUR EVIL WAYS.

sky high

sky high

within the next year I expect to see maybe half the shops close down.

I'll be surprised if it is "natural progression" (in a business sense) that takes these folks down.

My guess is that the DEA will shake this tree long before another year goes by.

And if they don't, I just read an article the other day that said they can go back 7 years before the statue of limitations sets in and they can toss warrants at those involved merely on the paperwork they filed that showed "intent". (When Micehlle Bachmann is Pres.)

don't drop the soap, boyz....

GhostFace

GhostFace

Oh Ya, Well, You Know, That's Just, Like, Your Opinion, Man ....

I respectfully disagree .. The great wall of china wasn't built in a day.. good things (shops take time to build) and most owners in general will hav money on there minds, but they will fail. The few who keep patients in mind will make it.. and of those owners... (I know many) many were patients and caregivers before the were Disp. Owners they are not sell outs they are the minority... dealers don't give medicine away to cancer patients.. I am not a dealer.. I'm a young entrepreneur attempting to create a profitable compassionate business in an never before seen newly created industry..

I can see both sides of the coin and I do find this thread to be interesting.. And a good read may complaints are extremely valid..
Agreed there are probably valid points, but when the anti-dispensary growers generalize that ALL dispensaries are out to rape and pillage the patients I have a problem.

Believe it or not, there are caregivers that qualify for douche bag status. I hear the stories from patients all the time. However I understand that not ALL caregivers are out to screw over patients. A good portion of them are well intended and fill the bill.
you are both correct, they are not all out to rape patients and a small number of good people are trying hard to do it right_its a shame that all MMC's good or bad all get grouped together. i did the whole dispensary thing_then the whole Caregiver thing & now im just a patient that grows my own stash_ :harvest: eather way you look at it we are all fighting for the same right to grow & smoke_ in the end if the feds come down on us we will all go down together..they see us all as one :evilgrin0040:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i been saying this for years_ They aint Nothing but Glorified Dealers! enough said ;)
And that is the attitude/stance of the DEA. Which then gives good cause to dismantle whatever has been built up over the years, no?

Not everyone can grow for themselves, and here I sit in a county (in California) that doesn't allow cooperatives, collectives, OR dispensaries. One of the poorer counties in the state, too, very rural (this county encompasses altitudes ranging from just a couple of hundred feet above sea level to over 10,000'), and primarily an older population and the only choice(s) for those who can't grow are to get it on the street or go to a dispensary. So here I sit thinking about some of my neighbors who might be ill, how they might feel, being forced to go into a dispensary, about someone who's a grower saying that the dispensaries are really "glorified drug dealers." Dispensaries are, at this time, pretty much the best (only?) way to give at least a small modicum of legitimacy to the concept of medical cannabis having a place in our world.

sky high

sky high

I'm guessing that you have a BUNCHA growers in yer area tho..... and a BUNCHA weed being produced by those growers.....

yet is the trend/general practice for the local growers to set up a way to disperse said MMJ to those who need it???

or does the draw of EASY MONEY for the sales of a product that should be dirt cheap to "dispensaries" put a kabossh on such practices as a whole and perpetuate exactly the opposite result? (i, e. >a vicious cycle< of expensive/inflated priced ganja and "need")

jus' sayin'.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm guessing that you have a BUNCHA growers in yer area tho..... and a BUNCHA weed being produced by those growers.....
If we do I don't know it/them.
yet is the trend/general practice for the local growers to set up a way to disperse said MMJ to those who need it???
Out here there are folks (all older, as in old enough to be *my* folks, 70s+) who've been trying to get the board of supes to change the ordinances to at least allow collective/cooperative growing scenarios, so as to most easily allow the truly sick people access without having to go all the way to Stockton or Sacramento. There is no way that's happening as long as the Good Ol' Boys Network is still in place. If you're caught even giving your weed to someone else you're going to jail, for sure. This out of our local narcotics task forces' mouths directly to my ears.
or does the draw of EASY MONEY for the sales of a product that should be dirt cheap to "dispensaries" put a kabossh on such practices as a whole and perpetuate exactly the opposite result? (i, e. >a vicious cycle< of expensive/inflated priced ganja and "need")

jus' sayin'.
At this point it would be more profitable and easier to simply sell on the street. And that's the scenario that exists in this county, and the weed that I see coming through the people who have to buy on the street is truly awful. It makes me feel terrible for the people who are stuck in a rut of having to buy locally via black market or having to go to a dispensary that's at least 45-50 miles from home.

Remember, we are primarily an elderly population in this county. Most are on fixed incomes, many are not mobile, we barely have a public transportation service and it's poorly tied in with those people who don't live along the main corridor highways.

Allow it to operate like a business, that's only fair. But people need to be given some allowances as well, like the ability to get together with others to grow. I would totally do that and I know several people in this county who have recs, need GOOD weed but can't grow at home and therefore have to go to Sact'o. I could get them what they need and recoup some of my costs, but it's just not allowed in this county.

S

SoCoMMJ

within the next year I expect to see maybe half the shops close down.

It will be VERY interesting to see where the licensed number hits. It's got to be significantly lower than the number that applied. Especially for the city licenses here.

There are many addresses that applied for the city license and are now vacant storefronts.

K

kolah

Three things I would like to see the MMC's do:

one: show me the gram scale so I can see the numbers as you weigh out my purchases.

two: date the large storage jars when the strains are put into them.

three: have a sign notating what is on the drying racks.

my 2 cents

S

ScrOGer

BEACH CITIES COLLECTIVE---
What a joke. I was in the area for a few weeks between cycles, and had a need for my meds, so I contacted the only option in the beach communities of the southbay, the delivering collective...

Beach Cities is a joke. They delivered purple diesel that smelled like fresh cut gross, adn it appeared that sll the trichs had been farmed via bubble bags and barely dried. Seriously. No BS here.

The Purple Jack was moist as hell and green smelling too.

The green "C" was the driest of the bunch and had the best smell. still had to dry it a bit.

To be honest, it felt like a drug deal.

S

ScrOGer

I feel bad for patients who dont grow their own. The options here are horrible. Almost a crime, if you ask me. Patients deserve better.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

There are still some legit and talented private caregivers here in CO, and their meds usually end up in the hands of people who need it the most since most legit caregivers try and cover their asses in court by catering to those patients with the most severe of conditions.

That being said, there are a few dispensaries moving in the right direction but most sell shit.

T

the journeyman

Thats definitely the way to do it, cater your strains for each ailment. Hell we have Full spectrum laboratories to even further the development. They are giving out 2 free raw flower tests per red card FYI

D

DoobyScoo

That's just so they know what's out there, that's not in their strain bank.

I am still skeptical of them. With the ability to do so much more testing, for so cheap, they seem to be just in it for the $, IMO.

I do the only tests that matter,
HUMAN TRIALS!

M

mile hi 420

Interviewed for a dispensary in the springs as the head grower. They had a huge mess from there last "grower" powder mildew, mites and over 400 plants of the WORST most sickly garden I have ever seen. Thousands of dead lady bugs everywhere. And old water with algea growing in all the trays. They were "flushing" there little plants that where all miss labled with 1/2 gallon and hour drippers. LOL

They had the most un efficient set up and the meds looked and smelled good cured in jars. Could have tricked me if I had not seen there grow. But they tasted like hell left you with a headache not sure why I even tried it. Poor patients....... And the owner was talking about selling all the infected plants to people on craigslist. I tried to explain Karma to them and that is probably why I never heard back from those profiteering retards. Told them the only way I would work for them is if we scrape everything and start fresh under my rules. Place was a huge joke....But they had a grand idea to try and save the putrid plants or sell em on CL LOL

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I went to a dispensary yesterday and they tried selling me moldy bud when I pointed it out to the bud tender they just shrugged there shoulders. They wanted 28 $ an 1/8 for moldy bud . Poor patient that gets that is gonna hate getting sick from smoking mold. Jackasses

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Exactly why we need regulation, Bubblehaze. Keep in mind that for every mmc that is shady, there are probably 2 caregivers and 3 street dealers who are worse. Do not be afraid to call out the shops that are acting like that. What shop tried to sell you moldy bud? Warn a brother! Speak truth with full disclosure, or you'll just end up sounding like a hater.
Not every caregiver is good. Not every mmc is bad. Too bad none of us are in charge, to go around and decide who's who. I'm absolutely positive the average farmer here would do twice the job of the idiots currently running things.

I am just happy now to be working for one of the good mmcs. We're good because:
A. The owners will not screw over anyone to make a profit.
B. I am in charge of the grow-op.

As soon as I can get the scratch to pay Logic for a commercial account, you'll all know where you can find my schiza. Peace

eyecandi

eyecandi

I went to a dispensary yesterday and they tried selling me moldy bud when I pointed it out to the bud tender they just shrugged there shoulders. They wanted 28 $ an 1/8 for moldy bud . Poor patient that gets that is gonna hate getting sick from smoking mold. Jackasses

and did you bother reporting this to the CDPHE? if not, then you are also helping that disp out. the next couple months will see a lot more weeding out of the bad eggs as they lock down on chemicals/pesticides and more testing for pathogens.

btw .... I've seen the same thing from an unscrupulous CG too. the only difference is that the Business is legally liable and should feel more forced to do the right thing (or face losing hundreds of thousands of dollars due to closing of business and lawsuits ..... hmmmmm, tough choice .... lose a few grand from destroying the offense or the entire business. I'll have to think about that one .......). CGs on the other hand have no-one breathing down their necks and can sell moldy, disease ridden crap all day long too. it plays both ways folks, only the retarded owners will get quickly shut down and put out of business while the retarded CGs will keep doing what they are doing .....

common sense (which doesn't seem to be so common) just seems to get tossed out the window with these discussions, it's why I rarely bother joining in anymore. a few assmonkeys running crap businesses for sure (show me any industry that doesn't?!?), but a few people always want to lump em' all together and lets tar and feather the lot of em. IMO, those peeps can be lumped in with the same assclowns they vilify.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Really? they are going to test for chemicals/pesticides and more testing for pathogens

Amazing... Maybe the Medical Cup Next year will be more about Clean Strong meds instead of some Bullshit THC score.

I would love to have that guarantee that the meds are perfectly clean for consumption. Then when you find Powdery Mildew on some of your meds you can sue the dispensary and the testing company.

M

Mr Dank

Exactly why we need regulation, Bubblehaze. Keep in mind that for every mmc that is shady, there are probably 2 caregivers and 3 street dealers who are worse. Do not be afraid to call out the shops that are acting like that. What shop tried to sell you moldy bud? Warn a brother! Speak truth with full disclosure, or you'll just end up sounding like a hater.
Not every caregiver is good. Not every mmc is bad. Too bad none of us are in charge, to go around and decide who's who. I'm absolutely positive the average farmer here would do twice the job of the idiots currently running things.

I am just happy now to be working for one of the good mmcs. We're good because:
A. The owners will not screw over anyone to make a profit.
B. I am in charge of the grow-op.

As soon as I can get the scratch to pay Logic for a commercial account, you'll all know where you can find my schiza. Peace

difference is that most caregivers can shut down for a month or so to clean up their home grow. it is much easier to clean up a small garden, and caregivers can afford to shut down for a month, or stall their next harvest to keep everything in veg so they can clean up. Caregivers are just caregivers/growers, where dispensary owners are business people, and rarely growers

dispensasry's on the other hand are profit driven and won't shut down an entire warehouse full of plants to clean up. The space is too big to effectively clean if the problem is that bad, and they can't afford to not put any meds on their shelf for a month. With such high overhead, and their career riding on the line, very few will shut down and clean up.

I have toured quite a few warehouse grows out here the past few years. Every single one of them (except 1) had either mites, mildew, thrips, aphids, or a combination of a few. Also every warehouse had every type of fungicide and pesticide out in plain view

On the other hand, none of my personal friends are fighting anything right now. Yes, we have all had it and dealt with it at some point in the past, but every one of my friends who aren't rookie growers have clean gardens

Top Bottom