Dispensary bashing thread...

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

I'm a firm believer that you can only >let yourself< get fucked in the ass if you BEND OVER.

Hopefully a few of you folks have learned something(?)

Grit...It was a combo of things....not mere naitivity by itself, IMO.

Face it...VERY FEW of these folks had any real >conviction< deep inside them about MMJ BEFORE THE HOLDER MEMO...or else they woulda jumped on the Registry geez.....SOMETIME in the 9 fuckin years it was here BEFORE that memo dropped...right?

So why did it take peeps so fuckin long to get on board? As you say...the laws were in place...we CO folks were naive/stupid/etc.....the door was open.... what a goldmine, huh?

so what change? Personal responsibility changed...that's what. (Holder memo)

Gonna be interesting to see how today's memo (warning) from the Fed plays out in the minds of those who 'licensed" via 1284 and those who moved here for the profit and JUST HOW STRONG their convictions >really< are on all of this now that personal responsibility has re-entered the picture.

true grit

true grit

Oh I agree, not many had real conviction to get on the registry and why should they before there were store fronts? 90% of average patients DO NOT have underground contacts or ties to people who grow- so there was no point. State wasn't allowing doc to rec CG's, so why get a red card? Every other major state with med laws that is tolerant, has/had some sort of store front/dispensary issue already addressed and probably under scrutiny.

Then came Holder memo.... seeing that CO was the state with no prior dispensary/MMC laws only compensation for caregivers and not stacked with storefronts like every other med state- BOOM yeah it spelled goldrush to most. With nothing restricting dispensaries/mmc's or shit any verbiage what so ever towards them- it left the door WIDE open. Because of lack of verbiage in Am.20, there was little that could be done to people capitalizing in CO until HB1284 came out. We were all part of that prior to 1284...and it was profitable.

They saw not only did they not plan far enough ahead and had a modern day cultural clusterfuck, they realized they never put the taxation in place that would be inevitable. Now they have, and now they are working control of both MMCs and taxation. They don't want em to go anywhere, and probably would have preferred to capitalize and avoid the hoopla the first time around. So yes, naivety IMO on the part of politicians...what am i talking about- my bad, typical political action. Act first- please the people and make some money. Wait for the fuck up and uproar- ammend/change and appease the people and make more money. and so on and so on.

When the whole shabang of MMJ came from the starting of dispensary that supplied seriously ill who couldn't provide themselves, then literally there is no excuse.

D

DoobyScoo

It took time to get the doctors to write the scripts.
I didn't know any of these doctors before the Holder Memo rush.
It is just I was naive to think that this opening up would be smooth.
It will take time, we really need another state to 'do it'.
Arizona? Michigan? Montana?

Yeah, it looks like were stuck in the trench with Cali.
I hold out hope for WA, OR.

M

Mr Dank

I've had my card for over 4 years now, way before the Holder memo. I was also a caregiver long before the memo. It was easy to get as long as your had pre-existing conditions. You couldn't go in and tell them you have a hangnail, and need a 50 plant rec for it like you can now days lol

S

Socolkid05

The only meds i will try is my own!!! Cant trust the trust fund babies tryin to run mmj dispensaries that dont even know what a tricome is, or using pestcide chems like there suga water...I got into grownin b/c i love the product and the process. Its like a brewmaster tryin to make a great beer without tryin the product or knowing good product. long story short dont try to grow if you dont smoke or know anything bout cannabis!

A

AlienBoyD7

I am goin let my card lapse, fuck the mutherfuckers anyway , still the same positive defense anyway...you can do what you want! just dont get caught " When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" The good doctor . AlienBoy is Gonzo ...lol

S

SoCoMMJ

I am goin let my card lapse, fuck the mutherfuckers anyway , still the same positive defense anyway

No kidding. For the price of a doctors visit and registration every year, you would have to get caught in possession twice just to cover the fees since it's been decriminalized in CO.

If you are growing though, it's a different story. Difference between a walk and fighting felony possession and felony cultivation. $15,000 grand for a defense vs $150 a year for a red card provides some benefit in that instance.

This whole shitbag of a prohibition needs to go away.

D

DoobyScoo

I wonder if there has ever been a study of:
X amount of growers
Y amount of busts (growhouses only)
Z amount of years per state

=

Risk Factor

???

A

AlienBoyD7

Its the same story, our only out is a jury trial !!? Kinda like rollin the dice , alas , the government can't take us all to trial. So the scumsucking bastards go after the big fish. The Hammer of Justice Looms! They will go down in flames. In the meantime they will make your life a " reefer madness" nitemare

Melizzard

Melizzard

Or some of us either travel too much ( a big quality of life thing for me) or get too sick to have the energy to do it. :(

Xxoo
Mel

Don't worry. Not going to happen when you watch a bunch of douchebags move into your state, fuck things up in the name of the Almighty Dollar, just so they can retire oceanside in FL, CA, the Black Sea, or some tropical island.
I plan on dying in THIS State. It has been my home for sometime now. These DBs will just move to the next state, country, whatever...
C'mon Legalization 2012 in Cali, reclaim your lost children.

Some learn through interaction, too. I know I did. Books are great and all, so is the Internets, but nothing like having a friend to guide you through your newbness.
I didn't read a book to learn how to play: Soccer, Tennis, Ski...I had teachers, actual, physical carbon-based lifeforms to teach me.
Some things require people, not books. Try learning Jiu-Jitsu from a book. You may get the pictures or techniques, but it still requires a training partner to get them. And many training partners to get good.
Skills requires hands-on education and instruction.
You don't read too many books in trade schools, relatively.

I've come close...On a bender for a week, forget to water, was able to salvage something....
It's a weed, remember.
I've had to cut early, make edibles with it ect...
But never KILLED, less of course on purpose.

You may be different, but....(helping the sick and poor, doing things out of the goodness of your heart, or "working 18 hour days" by Tim Tipton)
I don't know you, your product, your patient base or your inner thoughts...
So, let it roll if it doesn't apply to you.
Because it applies to sooo many others.
Many dispensaries know that if many of their clients knew they were growing a plant, they would, and even shitty weed, they'd smoke it, and not visit the dispensary.
I try to get everyone of my patients to become self-sufficient. I even offer to help with costs of lighting, give them amended soil requiring only water, personal guidance that has taken years of trial/error/research, ect...
But guess what.
They are either too lazy or full of excuses to do so. Surprise, surprise, in America?
Dispensaries know this too.

I can brew beer, but I buy it (mostly).

S

SoCoMMJ

the government can't take us all to trial. So the scumsucking bastards go after the big fish.

Don't bank on that one.. we're $20k into fighting a raid when we were caregivers for about 20 patients pre HB10-1284.

D

DoobyScoo

Or some of us either travel too much ( a big quality of life thing for me) or get too sick to have the energy to do it. :(

Xxoo
Mel

Not everyone has the same restrictions as you, Mel.
I meant no disrespect.
Just sayin' that my peers need to step up their game, or stop bitching!
:icon_cookie:

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Hi
I'm a Cali guy but lived in the great state of Colorado for 7 years, back when Elway first came to town for a reference point.

The Cali laws and their execution are confusing enough and I don't pretend to know what's going on in CO. Could someone be kind enough to spell out what the problem is from a commercial growers perspective and give some examples. ie you bring your gear into a dispensary to make a sale and then...?

Just trying to get a handle on the specifics of your scene and try to see how your situation differs from Cali.

true grit

true grit

Hey there, quite simple. You have to be legit MMC (dispensary) at which point you must cultivate almost all of your bud, you must purchase edibles and concentrates from a licensed vendor, and can only purchase bud outside of your optional grow from other MMC's.

Caregiver's/Growers can no longer sell to any legit MMC in CO.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Wow! That is truly fucked up. It would appear to be a political issue in the sense of how the cake is divided and who's doing the dividing. I'd be in trouble if I couldn't go to dispensaries to sell my excess- would have to adapt, *if possible*, go black market or shut down. Are grower/caregivers going the disp/MMC route. I'd be screwed there, as well, in that I'm not much of a businessman which is why i'm in the growing end to begin with.

It's always a sad day when I see fellow growers getting the shaft even when it isn't happening in my neck of the woods. Don't get me wrong. We have plenty on our plate that we're dealing w/ as well.

D

DoobyScoo

Wow! That is truly fucked up. It would appear to be a political issue in the sense of how the cake is divided and who's doing the dividing.

Oooohhh!
The plot thickens.
Look into the 'Denial' of licenses among certain areas of the State/Counties, and for what offence.

C'mon legalize 2012 Cali, reclaim your lost children. (or Bastard offspring, depends on your definition of children).

S

SoCoMMJ

Are grower/caregivers going the disp/MMC route. I'd be screwed there, as well, in that I'm not much of a businessman which is why i'm in the growing end to begin with.

Some of us bit the bullet and moved went from awesome caregivers to magically become douche bag MMC owners.

Others remained as caregivers so they could grow their 30 plants and bash the douche bag MMC owners for ruining their game.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Some of us bit the bullet and moved went from awesome caregivers to magically become douche bag MMC owners.

Others remained as caregivers so they could grow their 30 plants and bash the douche bag MMC owners for ruining their game.
Those are some pretty broad strokes. The truth is that most caregivers didn't want to give up their right to privacy and didn't want to play by unfair rules and taxation. The application you had to complete to get your MMC license (someday, maybe) was absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe ANYONE agreed to play ball once they saw that ridiculous mess of an application. Does anybody have a pdf link? I like to read it and laugh sometimes. I've shown it to multiple people who have never been anywhere near the marijuana industry and they can't believe it. It's a much more thorough background check than my uncle had to go through to kill people with missiles aboard a US nuclear submarine.

Top Bottom