• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Merry AF Santa Cannabis Marijuana Christmas Design

Merry Christmas Farmers!!

Farmer P

Farmer P

Last night at the annual family Christmas Party we had a white elephant gift exchange and I stole a nice cooking thermometer with dual probes and a remote control. My wife said I know why you want that, for your grow. I hadn't thought of that, but lol that's what I'm using it for. I put one probe inside at plant level, and one by the intake to the box on the outside. 😎

20191225 080108
20191225 080141
Srenots

Srenots

Last night at the annual family Christmas Party we had a white elephant gift exchange and I stole a nice cooking thermometer with dual probes and a remote control. My wife said I know why you want that, for your grow. I hadn't thought of that, but lol that's what I'm using it for. I put one probe inside at plant level, and one by the intake to the box on the outside. 😎
cool man

chemistry

chemistry

Sup Farmers. Day 34 Update:
Things are still going OK. I ended up doing just two days of PK boost. I saw some yellowing tips and got scared lol. The buds are looking pretty chunky and dense. I noticed a lot of purpling under the leaves and on the calyx's which made me check the temps and I found I'm getting too much temp and humidity swing so I adjusted the extraction fan timer during lights out and added the heater. This should help tighten the ranges. I also ordered some new timers so I can have more than 15 minute at a time controll. Smells are off the charts very funky. Veg is still growing too fast so I keep chopping. (I also use Jacks for Veg) I keep my nutes in my garage fridge so I don't have to mix daily. I just put the hottest water I can get from the tap in my large pot I use to brew beer and heat the nutes to 75. Takes less than 5 minutes to get from 40ish to 75 degrees. Hope everyone is having a great week! Some Pics:

Those babes have some fat heads on them.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers how's it growin. Day 42 update (yesterday)
Things are still going ok. The garage has been getting a little too cold so I just kicked the heater to 15 on 10 off 24 hrs/day. Before it was same timer but only during lights out. I'm switching the jacks plant to the jacks finishing formula. 7-15-30 at 650ppm. I'll run that about a week then ramp it down daily for the last week until I hit zero right before chop. No change in the head formula, but I'll also ramp down the last week. The cabinet is smelling incredible! Hope everyone has a great week. Some pics:

Top view
Side view
Veg 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sup Farmers how's it growin. Day 42 update (yesterday)
Things are still going ok. The garage has been getting a little too cold so I just kicked the heater to 15 on 10 off 24 hrs/day. Before it was same timer but only during lights out. I'm switching the jacks plant to the jacks finishing formula. 7-15-30 at 650ppm. I'll run that about a week then ramp it down daily for the last week until I hit zero right before chop. No change in the head formula, but I'll also ramp down the last week. The cabinet is smelling incredible! Hope everyone has a great week. Some pics:

Nice work! And that jacks finisher has a real good ratio for the end. Bet it works great.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sup Farmers. Yesterday was day 48. I'll be winding down this run in the coming week. I scoped them yesterday and saw some amber (just a few) coming in. I've cut the ferts back and will continue to go less every day. My new lights came in yesterday. 4 HLG 120 quantum boards. They are super bright and the dimmer works perfect. I'll put up the build. I took some cuts yesteray and am using the quantum board dimmed almost all the way down to root them. Hope everyone has a great week.

20200105 1510551
20200105 1230461
20200105 1250371
Farmer P

Farmer P

Here's the build on the lights:

I broke it down and each light cost $80.45 with tax. Here are the parts.

Amazon.com: Horticulture Lighting Group 4X QB120 V2 Quantum Boards (3000K): Camera & Photo
Amazon.com: Horticulture Lighting Group 4X QB120 V2 Quantum Boards (3000K): Camera & Photo
www.amazon.comwww.amazon.com

LED Driver Single Output Switching Power Supply, 60W 2.5A 24V: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
LED Driver Single Output Switching Power Supply, 60W 2.5A 24V: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012G2D89O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3H1S8HVHBGDBK&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BXB2Y8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1P8HQHD4AJMLY&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010PYWCX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BSXM5KIS5MZE&psc=1

Amazon.com : 10 Pack Plant Grow Light Rope Hanger 0.98ft Per Pack Max. Load 20KG, 201 Stainless Steel Rope, Hanging Basket Plant Hanger Holders for Indoor Outdoor Plants, LED Grow Light Aquarium Tank Lamp : Garden & Outdoor
Amazon.com : 10 Pack Plant Grow Light Rope Hanger 0.98ft Per Pack Max. Load 20KG, 201 Stainless Steel Rope, Hanging Basket Plant Hanger Holders for Indoor Outdoor Plants, LED Grow Light Aquarium Tank Lamp : Garden & Outdoor

How To Choose an LED Power Supply - LEDSupply Blog
There are many factors to consider when choosing a power supply for LEDs. This post will go through these and help you select the right LED Power Supply.
www.ledsupply.com

PWM Dimming: Also known as pulse-width modulation dimming, can be used on all power supplies. Even the power supplies on our site that don’t say ‘dimmable’ right in the specs can be dimmed through wall mounted or remote PWM dimmers. This is because PWM dimmers go in-line with the strip lights, dimming on the 12VDC side of the circuit. PWM dimmers actually pulse the lights at high frequencies to change the perception of light to the naked eye. The higher the frequency, the brighter they will be

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here's the build on the lights:

I broke it down and each light cost $80.45 with tax. Here are the parts.

How To Choose an LED Power Supply - LEDSupply Blog
There are many factors to consider when choosing a power supply for LEDs. This post will go through these and help you select the right LED Power Supply.
www.ledsupply.com

PWM Dimming: Also known as pulse-width modulation dimming, can be used on all power supplies. Even the power supplies on our site that don’t say ‘dimmable’ right in the specs can be dimmed through wall mounted or remote PWM dimmers. This is because PWM dimmers go in-line with the strip lights, dimming on the 12VDC side of the circuit. PWM dimmers actually pulse the lights at high frequencies to change the perception of light to the naked eye. The higher the frequency, the brighter they will be

Nice! Know how much to build 4 of the next size up. What you built can replace a 600 hps in a 4x4 space right? I would want to size up from my 600 to retain some heat. And bigger yield of course. :-)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012G2D89O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3H1S8HVHBGDBK&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BXB2Y8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1P8HQHD4AJMLY&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010PYWCX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BSXM5KIS5MZE&psc=1

Farmer P

Farmer P

Nice! Know how much to build 4 of the next size up. What you built can replace a 600 hps in a 4x4 space right? I would want to size up from my 600 to retain some heat. And bigger yield of course. :-)
I'm no expert bro, but I will always be willing to help you any way I can. Mine was really easy since the HLG website had the recommended drivers on the same page as the boards. (I bought the boards on amazon since I have prime and get free shipping) As far as what mine will replace, I don't know. I'm going to try using one in my veg and three in my flower box which is 33in x 45 in. This will replace my 315 cmh. We'll see how it goes. They seem really bright. I think they may outdo the cmh. Also the heat is super low. The driver runs cool and the board is cool to the touch which may work against me since my garage is cold . I haven't bought the drivers for the other three yet, I wanted to see how I liked it first. I decided to get separate drivers for each board so each board would be a stand alone light and I can have more flexibility in setting them up and moving them around. This probably cost me a little more in drivers, but no biggie. It also made it way easier to wire up. It took me about 5 minutes. You can see how simple it was in the pic. If you decide to go big you will have to take into consideration that the pwm dimmers I got are only 8 amp but they sell them with higher amperage rating. From my reasearch I found that pwm dimming is the best as the others change voltage which changes spectrum. Also from the little research I've done the bigger quantums are a lot more expensive. You may require heat sinks. Here is a link to some pre-designed kits at HLG. You can also probably find them on amazon or maybe even alibaba. Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?'s.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm no expert bro, but I will always be willing to help you any way I can. Mine was really easy since the HLG website had the recommended drivers on the same page as the boards. (I bought the boards on amazon since I have prime and get free shipping) As far as what mine will replace, I don't know. I'm going to try using one in my veg and three in my flower box which is 33in x 45 in. This will replace my 315 cmh. We'll see how it goes. They seem really bright. I think they may outdo the cmh. Also the heat is super low. The driver runs cool and the board is cool to the touch which may work against me since my garage is cold . I haven't bought the drivers for the other three yet, I wanted to see how I liked it first. I decided to get separate drivers for each board so each board would be a stand alone light and I can have more flexibility in setting them up and moving them around. This probably cost me a little more in drivers, but no biggie. It also made it way easier to wire up. It took me about 5 minutes. You can see how simple it was in the pic. If you decide to go big you will have to take into consideration that the pwm dimmers I got are only 8 amp but they sell them with higher amperage rating. From my reasearch I found that pwm dimming is the best as the others change voltage which changes spectrum. Also from the little research I've done the bigger quantums are a lot more expensive. You may require heat sinks. Here is a link to some pre-designed kits at HLG. You can also probably find them on amazon or maybe even alibaba. Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?'s.

Oh i have read and researched quite heavily. The 120 watt boards will not replace a 315. The 288 (?) will beat it supposedly. Cmh can easily do 1.4 gpw.

If i upgrade i need the same heat as my 600’s have in winter so i need 1000 watt equivalent. Bonus is much more yield possible for the same watts.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Oh i have read and researched quite heavily. The 120 watt boards will not replace a 315. The 288 (?) will beat it supposedly. Cmh can easily do 1.4 gpw.

If i upgrade i need the same heat as my 600’s have in winter so i need 1000 watt equivalent. Bonus is much more yield possible for the same watts.
Are you saying all four would not replace the 315 or just one? I'm thinking three of these in my box will rock, but I may have to add a another heater to make up for lost heat.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think i want the next size boards up. They need a heat sink attached. But at that point i am still considering cobs.

Maybe next year lol. I got 8 months to go on my new bulbs anyway.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I think i want the next size boards up. They need a heat sink attached. But at that point i am still considering cobs.

Maybe next year lol. I got 8 months to go on my new bulbs anyway.
Right-on, I'm in no hurry either. I still have a brand new 315 bulb phillips agro in the box I haven't used. I'll probably just end up keeping the 315 for a spare or selling it if the quantums work out.

They put the watts consumed on the website. I just cant remember exactly.

I'm sure I could figure it out mathmatically but I'll just wait for the kill a watt lol. I'd have to break out the old ohms law.

Farmer P

Farmer P

They put the watts consumed on the website. I just cant remember exactly.
Now that I think of it, it would be tough to figure out with the dimmer. I'd have to hook up my meter and figure out how many ma it is actually pulling which is a hassle since I don't have the nice one that clamps around the cable. Kill a watt rules.

Top Bottom