DIY UC 9k 8 Plants

• Thread starter mrenz999
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budbrothers

subscribed. looking good. i was gonna do the same thing on my next run.

S

smokestack23

Damn..wish I would have found this thread sooner. Strange no one suggested when to flip.
It really depends on the strain and how much it stretches. From the comments it sounds like your strain stretches quite a bit. I would have flipped them at 30". I flipped my last batch at 24". they're on 44" centers and..well...I either grew them too big or had them too close together. They're on day 30 of flower and are touching each other almost.

I also would have suggested to hang your lights lower. The whole reason of hanging lights vertically is so that they can hang in between the plants and allow all 360 deg of light coming off the arctube. you want to light the sides of the plants. If you are going to hang lights above your plants like you are you should hang them horizontally with hoods. The way you have them now, hanging vertically above your plants, is only giving you a small percentage of the available light.

Better hurry though because I suspect that soon you won't have room in between your plants for the lights to hang.

Anyway..it's looking good. You're gonna have a mess-o-buds soon. Woohoo!!!
My two cents.

M

MoneyMike

^^i agree I thought vertical light give you that full circle of lighting for big buds.

M

mrenz999

I keep the lights (when not working in the room) so that the
top of the bulb is 4" or so from the top of the top bud.

A few more pics. Took some with my good camera but
they are apparently too big to post.

IMAG0305

IMAG0306

IMAG0307

IMAG0308

D

Dubsta

Them plants look crazy good job mrenz! How much ppm are they eating inbetween waterings? I find not to feed to high ppm but get it to where there eating a lot every few days. :harvest:

M

mrenz999

Ok grow is complete. I have to say I am very disappointed in the final results. I ended up about 3/4 of a pound per light. I usually get a pound per light (1k light). The roots had some really black areas when I cut them. Lots of roots and I felt good when I cut them. However, it really seemed to dry down much more than I expected.

M

mrdizzle

good learning experience, flip them a lil bigger nextime, 40x40 is still my standard

M

mrdizzle

Are you saying you dont flip until 40x40 or is that your spacing??

thats how I rolled, I had spacing from 5ft-6ft, strain specific of course, but his plants were stout after a while in veg, so a guestimation is a 40in plant at flip would end up 5ftx5ft

which people dont realize is almost 2x the size, a 40inx40in, by a simple calculations is lets say 13ft squared, a 5x5 is 25ft squared ya dig. although it didnt double in size like a 18in clone ending up 36in, but its kinda did double in size if that makes since

Top Bottom