Diy Uc Of Dank

• Thread starter hiiipower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

Thanks for stopping in fellas. Gearing up for the next run after these girls finish. Now the real fun begins...

Pheno Hunt!!

IDK Farms: Sugar Dog
(Sugar x 91 Chem)
-No intro needed for the 91 Chem. Sugar is a old school Mi variety that was originally bred by IDK when he was a teenager almost 30 years ago. It has the most indescribable smell. Ancient old school weed smell. Haze isn't an accurate description. To an untrained sniffer it would smell just like crappy old school weed, but it is anything but. I never burned in the 70's or 80's but this it what I would imagine it would have been smelled/tasted/felt like. Happy high, my kinda smoke...

Tricloud Genetics: Eclipse
(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13)
Apollo 11 is known to be the tastier/smellier version of the Apollo's, and the 13 is heavier and stronger, with not a lot of smell. The phenos are so easy to tell apart. The 11 phenos are short and bushy, no need to top at all. And the 13 phenos are tall and less branchy, needs to be topped once at least. Overall it's a slow growing variety compared to most. Hoping to learn more about Apollo as it has always been my favorite smoke hands down.
IMG 9763

IMG 9771

IMG 9788

Below: You can just see the babies poking up if you look closely.
IMG 9791

Below: @Minitiger, hey bud, check out my Eclipse in action. The Apollo 11 phenos look like this one below. I love this zig zag growth of the main stem, wicked looking! Did some of your Apollo 11's do this?
IMG 9794

Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks for stopping in fellas. Gearing up for the next run after these girls finish. Now the real fun begins...

Pheno Hunt!!

IDK Farms: Sugar Dog
(Sugar x 91 Chem)
-No intro needed for the 91 Chem. Sugar is a old school Mi variety that was originally bred by IDK when he was a teenager almost 30 years ago. It has the most indescribable smell. Ancient old school weed smell. Haze isn't an accurate description. To an untrained sniffer it would smell just like crappy old school weed, but it is anything but. I never burned in the 70's or 80's but this it what I would imagine it would have been smelled/tasted/felt like. Happy high, my kinda smoke...

Tricloud Genetics: Eclipse
(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13)
Apollo 11 is known to be the tastier/smellier version of the Apollo's, and the 13 is heavier and stronger, with not a lot of smell. The phenos are so easy to tell apart. The 11 phenos are short and bushy, no need to top at all. And the 13 phenos are tall and less branchy, needs to be topped once at least. Overall it's a slow growing variety compared to most. Hoping to learn more about Apollo as it has always been my favorite smoke hands down.
View attachment 580592
View attachment 580593
View attachment 580600
Below: You can just see the babies poking up if you look closely.
View attachment 580601
Below: @Minitiger, hey bud, check out my Eclipse in action. The Apollo 11 phenos look like this one below. I love this zig zag growth of the main stem, wicked looking! Did some of your Apollo 11's do this?
View attachment 580603

A couple did early on, but then seemed to "grow out of it," if that's possible. Can't remember if they were the females or the males (didn't take good notes at all haha). But yeah, that zig-zag is supposed to be one of the telltale traits of the Genius pheno, so that's fucking awesome you got that going on.

Just saw this post, gonna read through from the beginning in a little bit. Pretty stoked to check this out, didn't even know you had started this yet.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Hell yeah buddy. Cool to hear about the zig zag-Genius relation, can't wait man. Not gonna top those phenos they are as tall as they are wide and I remember you wishing you wouldn't have topped yours(thanks again for that thread). I have 2 of the short bushy-genius ones, and 1 of the tall 13-like ones.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Oh yeah... I left out some important info, probably just enough to confuse some of you, I do that......

The seedlings in the black buckets above are all Sugar Dog.

I planted the Eclipse seeds about 3 months ago and am finally just getting around to flowering them. So from 8 Eclipse seeds I got 4 females, 2 males, and 2 duds.
I kept the 4 mothers, will clone them, but only flowering 3 of them. 1 is not vigorous and weak looking, leaving it out.

All for now

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hell yeah buddy. Cool to hear about the zig zag-Genius relation, can't wait man. Not gonna top those phenos they are as tall as they are wide and I remember you wishing you wouldn't have topped yours(thanks again for that thread). I have 2 of the short bushy-genius ones, and 1 of the tall 13-like ones.

Yeah, don't top them, especially if they're already bushing out.

Any progress with the thrip situation? If you haven't already, you may wanna check out OG Biowar. Tons of benefits, with one of the main ones being pest eradication.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Yeah, don't top them, especially if they're already bushing out.

Any progress with the thrip situation? If you haven't already, you may wanna check out OG Biowar. Tons of benefits, with one of the main ones being pest eradication.

Yeah finally killed the thrips. My dumb ass wasn't putting enough Monterey in the sprayer. Was using it at 1ml/pint when it suggests 7.5ml/pint. Was pretty much spraying my plants with water. haha. Never had a bug problem before though, I was clueless as to what to do.

You do like photography don't you... :cool:
Nice pictures!

Guilty! My big sister is a photographer, think I might have caught the bug a little bit. Plus I've always been a sucker for great weed pics. That's I love Weed World mag, Skunk mag, and of course subcools Dank 2.0 is one of the coolest picture books of pot ever. I have fun with it.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah finally killed the thrips. My dumb ass wasn't putting enough Monterey in the sprayer. Was using it at 1ml/pint when it suggests 7.5ml/pint. Was pretty much spraying my plants with water. haha. Never had a bug problem before though, I was clueless as to what to do.

Guilty! My big sister is a photographer, think I might have caught the bug a little bit. Plus I've always been a sucker for great weed pics. That's I love Weed World mag, Skunk mag, and of course subcools Dank 2.0 is one of the coolest picture books of pot ever. I have fun with it.

You do realize that I have no fucking clue what Monterey is, right? Hahaha!!!

Didn't know you were hydro. But I think that OG Biowar can be used in conjunction with hydroponics, as well. I know that my plants reeeeeealllly responded well to the couple of applications I used over the course of however long that last grow took. Didn't use the recommended schedule at all (perhaps I should've...), but each time I watered with the three packs, the plants obviously appreciated it.

I think Cap grows hydro, actually, so.... Yeah, just some thoughts. But if you have your shit dialed, then you have your shit dialed.

Just got home from work, got the whoooooole weekend off (can't remember the last time that happened haha), gonna finally scrub down everything tonight and start a new grow on Sunday. Your pics are looking bomb as FUCK btw. Super-interested to see how this turns out for ya. Good vibes.....

hiiipower

hiiipower

You do realize that I have no fucking clue what Monterey is, right? Hahaha!!!

Didn't know you were hydro. But I think that OG Biowar can be used in conjunction with hydroponics, as well. I know that my plants reeeeeealllly responded well to the couple of applications I used over the course of however long that last grow took. Didn't use the recommended schedule at all (perhaps I should've...), but each time I watered with the three packs, the plants obviously appreciated it.

I think Cap grows hydro, actually, so.... Yeah, just some thoughts. But if you have your shit dialed, then you have your shit dialed.

Just got home from work, got the whoooooole weekend off (can't remember the last time that happened haha), gonna finally scrub down everything tonight and start a new grow on Sunday. Your pics are looking bomb as FUCK btw. Super-interested to see how this turns out for ya. Good vibes.....

Monterey is just a common thrip spray, kicks ass actually if your using it correctly.

I'll look into caps biowar more, will see if I can work it into my hydro set up. I'm definitely not dialed in I wouldn't say. Always looking for new and better things, thanks for the tip. I've always really admired cap and all his stuff.

Psyched your gonna do another run soon, was hoping you would.

Thanks for the kind words

Have a great weekend

hiiipower

hiiipower

56 days into bloom
Had a few problems this round, not happy with the look of the plants, burnt leaves and bad thrip damage, but it is what it is, not every run is perfect. Will be taking them down in 2 wks for a total of 10 wks bloom(60 days for Querkle). Here's the latest....

Pineapple Fruit Loops has kept her thick maple syrup smell, but has a nice background of cantalope melon. Still say it's french toast cereal. Turns out she's also a very large yielder. I've never hit 2 under a light cause I never had the strain to do it really, you really gotta have a big yielder to pull that off. I think I could scratch the surface of that number with this one if I added co2. Biggest colas I've personally had in my garden.

Brian Berry Cough:
This is throwing me for a loop. Take a look at the pics of this one and see if she's a kush or a haze.
It's the most green haze smelling plant I've ever smelled, but it has small, rock hard nugs with super fat calayxes, and in the last week has taken on the slightest kush smell behind that green haze strawberry taffy. Uber frosty plant. All the strains this round are really frosty but this one is 2x as frosty as the others, again making me think of a kush plant. Idk it's a haze kush lol trick plant

Pineapple Fruit Loops and Brian Berry Cough under 1000w hps
IMG 9827

Below: Pineapple Fruit Loops
IMG 9836
IMG 9838
IMG 9850
Below: Brian Berry Cough
IMG 9834
IMG 9846

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Bad ass setup, what i would love to build someday. Any more details on the build? @hiiipower

hiiipower

hiiipower

Bad ass setup, what i would love to build someday. Any more details on the build? @hiiipower

Gratzi! A lot of fun running this system you should definitely give it a shot some day. Really reasonable in price if you diy..

I think I covered most the details of building the uc system in the op. I'm drawing a blank on what else to add about it. Pretty simple when it comes down to it. I'd be happy to answer any questions about anything I missed.

Running 1000w hps lightspeed bulbs in dominator 6" hoods, non vented.
Cooling: 6" inline fan for winter on temp controller set at 75. I do not like getting hotter than 75, drives me insane, all the good smell goes away. In summer was cooling 4 1000w hps w/ 10,000 btu a/c in a basement.
Nets are 4'x4', about 10-14" between 1st and 2nd net. Again cheap, only time consuming to build. I really only like nets because in the last 2 wks your not desperately trying to tie buds up. Also looks nice.

Would really suggest reflective "parkas" around the pvc pipe and buckets. The intense light does shine through even on the thick pvc.
And don't forget to put marine seal around the uniseals once you glue them in place, helps when your setting up a lot of buckets.

Gonna be switching from the horizontal 1000w in bloom to a 600w vertical garden. I want to grow all my seeds vertically to see their full shape/size, so the next run will be vertical. Gonna do mini trees w/ cages around them. Can't wait to build that room, will post pics up as I get to it, about a month away..

Minitiger

Minitiger

56 days into bloom
Had a few problems this round, not happy with the look of the plants, burnt leaves and bad thrip damage, but it is what it is, not every run is perfect. Will be taking them down in 2 wks for a total of 10 wks bloom(60 days for Querkle). Here's the latest....

Pineapple Fruit Loops has kept her thick maple syrup smell, but has a nice background of cantalope melon. Still say it's french toast cereal. Turns out she's also a very large yielder. I've never hit 2 under a light cause I never had the strain to do it really, you really gotta have a big yielder to pull that off. I think I could scratch the surface of that number with this one if I added co2. Biggest colas I've personally had in my garden.

Brian Berry Cough:
This is throwing me for a loop. Take a look at the pics of this one and see if she's a kush or a haze.
It's the most green haze smelling plant I've ever smelled, but it has small, rock hard nugs with super fat calayxes, and in the last week has taken on the slightest kush smell behind that green haze strawberry taffy. Uber frosty plant. All the strains this round are really frosty but this one is 2x as frosty as the others, again making me think of a kush plant. Idk it's a haze kush lol trick plant

Pineapple Fruit Loops and Brian Berry Cough under 1000w hps
View attachment 583937
Below: Pineapple Fruit Loops
View attachment 583938 View attachment 583939 View attachment 583940 Below: Brian Berry Cough
View attachment 583941 View attachment 583942

Yeah, that BB Cough is kinda weird looking. Definitely doesn't look like a Haze. I mean, the leaves kind of do but those nugs definitely look kush-y. It also looks like it's gonna be a reeeeeallllyyyy low yielder. But if the smoke is fire, who fucking cares haha. Unless you were hoping that it'd yield fat, in which case, I'm sorry hahaha.

But yeah, unique-looking plant, for sure. Everything's looking great though, despite the thrip damage. I really hope I never have to deal with that. What're the genetics of that Brian Berry Cough? I looked back at the beginning of the thread and saw that it has Space Dude in it, can't remember the genetics of that one offhand, so yeah, just curious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom