Diy Uc Of Dank

• Thread starter hiiipower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

Yeah, that BB Cough is kinda weird looking. Definitely doesn't look like a Haze. I mean, the leaves kind of do but those nugs definitely look kush-y. It also looks like it's gonna be a reeeeeallllyyyy low yielder. But if the smoke is fire, who fucking cares haha. Unless you were hoping that it'd yield fat, in which case, I'm sorry hahaha.

But yeah, unique-looking plant, for sure. Everything's looking great though, despite the thrip damage. I really hope I never have to deal with that. What're the genetics of that Brian Berry Cough? I looked back at the beginning of the thread and saw that it has Space Dude in it, can't remember the genetics of that one offhand, so yeah, just curious.

Brian berry cough is space queen(subcool calls his space queen male space dude) x Kyle kushmans strawberry cough. Supposed to be huge yielding, I certainly missed out on that, but sure is dank. I think this one looks like kush nugs too. Crazy though it tastes like the most hazey plant ever. Don't know if anyone's noticed but I have to write out Brian berry cough every time instead of abbreviating that one cause is abbreviates as....uh do the math!

I grew motarebels strawberry cough x killer queen and I found a kushy pheno in that, which is odd, so maybe it's somewhere in the genes.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Brian berry cough is space queen(subcool calls his space queen male space dude) x Kyle kushmans strawberry cough. Supposed to be huge yielding, I certainly missed out on that, but sure is dank. I think this one looks like kush nugs too. Crazy though it tastes like the most hazey plant ever. Don't know if anyone's noticed but I have to write out Brian berry cough every time instead of abbreviating that one cause is abbreviates as....uh do the math!

I grew motarebels strawberry cough x killer queen and I found a kushy pheno in that, which is odd, so maybe it's somewhere in the genes.

Interesting. So the two common denominators in Mota's and the BRian Berry are the Strawberry Cough and C99 genes. Is it possible that somewhere, deep down in one (or both) of those strains, there's some kush, too? Weird.

How's the BB smoke? Flavor? High? Just curious. Never even heard of Brian Berry Cough and I'm always into learning about strains I've never heard of, so, yeah.... Just wondering what the high is like. Seems like the lowest-yielding phenotypes always smoke the best haha.

And how's them Eclipses coming along?!? Haha! I wanna see those zig-zaggy meristems haha!

hiiipower

hiiipower

Interesting. So the two common denominators in Mota's and the BRian Berry are the Strawberry Cough and C99 genes. Is it possible that somewhere, deep down in one (or both) of those strains, there's some kush, too? Weird.

How's the BB smoke? Flavor? High? Just curious. Never even heard of Brian Berry Cough and I'm always into learning about strains I've never heard of, so, yeah.... Just wondering what the high is like. Seems like the lowest-yielding phenotypes always smoke the best haha.

And how's them Eclipses coming along?!? Haha! I wanna see those zig-zaggy meristems haha!

That's exactly why I kinda think there might be a little kush in strawberry cough. forgot that the two different hybrids do have that in common. But it's definitely not coming from the Space Dude or Killer Queen. There's not a hint of kush in Space Dude I've grown out 20+ 5 packs of his crosses. Killer Queen is not far off genetically and it still showed up heavily on mota's strawberry queen. Always possible though

Smoke on the Brian Berry is phenomenal. Really uplifting and happy, but really strong. Extreme bag appeal cause the crazy frost, fat calyxes, and slight strawberry taffy smell. Very high quality. I know I said early in thread that the fruit loops was my new favorite cause it's the total package, but Brain Berry is the highest quality bud I've grown personally.

Just culled the Eclipse moms for the new lil ones. Their back to about 6" tall at the moment. Their slower than the rest so may take a month to get some good photos of those ones in prime zig zag mode haha

hiiipower

hiiipower

Here's Sugar Dog 2-3wks in, ended up with 9 good ones to search through, should be fun...
Below that is Eclipse about 1wk from being planted in uc.

IMG 9852
IMG 9856

IMG 9853
^^haha^^
Below: Querkle getting her purple on still 10 days away from finish.
IMG 9862
IMG 9863

Below: Agent Orange getting really purple as well. Don't know if she'll finish in time. This one I have might be a 70+ day finisher...
IMG 9864

My buddy and I agree Agent Orange stinks over everything else in the room, and everything is really stinky.

Was contemplating running Querkle again cause she is a small yielder, but she smells even better than she looks above. Very very dense grape smell with bubblegum background and the tiniest bit of musky in there, which was my original goal when selecting a querkle female. Grape without the musk that querkle usually has. Will be keeping this one in rotation.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

hiiipower

hiiipower

All of your plants look so happy and well tended! Do you have a cutting of that Querkle or have to plant another seed?

Happy Easter!

Thanks Orca!
Not quite a purty looking as yours always look, but I'm tryin! Looking at your plants always inspires me to do better on mine, please keep up the good work, for both of our sakes haha (that goes for a choice few others here as well.) Whenever I see plants that look better than mine I get really envious/jealous and it pushes me that much harder.

You bet I have a mother plant of her! Won't make it into the next run but will run it again right after hopefully. I'm gonna start running from seed so I will only be able to choose 1 of the mothers I have(about 5) to run with the beans. Would be really nice to have a heavy yielder in that spot to make up for any poor phenos in the seed runs, but grape is my long time favorite flavor, has been since I bought my first bag of gdp(at least that's what the guy called it) about 5 yrs ago now. Will definitely be running it again.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Everyone that I have seen with Querkle, is the complaint of the yield. But loving the flavor and high very much. One of those trade off strains. What I really love about my experience growing anymore is basically. We are the R&D department in the growing world. Showing how to provide the best you can to your plants in there current conditions to maintain a positive forward progression in a plants life. With the selection of strains out there these days I don't get as upset when losing a favorite old lady. This really helps my crazy mindset with not much patience these days.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Everyone that I have seen with Querkle, is the complaint of the yield. But loving the flavor and high very much. One of those trade off strains. What I really love about my experience growing anymore is basically. We are the R&D department in the growing world. Showing how to provide the best you can to your plants in there current conditions to maintain a positive forward progression in a plants life. With the selection of strains out there these days I don't get as upset when losing a favorite old lady. This really helps my crazy mindset with not much patience these days.

Preach! haha heck yeah man I like the sound of that. Onward and upward!

True that, can replace almost any plant nowadays with some other variety. Kind of relieving sometimes....

hiiipower

hiiipower

Harvest time!

67 days bloom
Brian Berry Cough and Pineapple Fruit Loops first.
Agent O and Querkle coming down tomorrow...

PFL did end up throwing nanners starting at about 56 days into bloom. At the end had about 1-2 nanners on each arm of the plant. It kept the maple syrup flavor right till the end. When I was trimming it today the entire basement smelled like French Toast Cereal, haha. @ 67 days had mostly cloudy trichomes, not many amber.

Brian Berry Cough had a lot of amber. Probably an 8 wk finisher, 9 max. Incredibly small buds but very dense.

Below: Brian Berry Cough
IMG 9894
IMG 9895

Below: Pineapple Fruit Loops/Yoops?
IMG 9908
IMG 9910
Below: Nanners on PFL
IMG 9916
More PFL...
IMG 9917
IMG 9921

Wait till you see Querkle tmr, turned near black on me it's so purple!

IMG 9901
hiiipower

hiiipower

Agent Orange & Querkle
Harvest day
Could've taken both of these another week, but in the uc system everything has to come down together. Will have to time these better next time when I put them in at the beginning...

Below: Querkle & Agent Orange
IMG 9944
Below: Querkle
IMG 9947
IMG 9951
IMG 9961
Below: Agent Orange
IMG 9953
IMG 9942

hiiipower

hiiipower

Very nice finish, Are you tired of trimming yet!:) Sorry to see that the PFL went herm. Is that a Fem?

Thank you!
Yeah trimming is such a drag, just been doing one plant/half a net per day to keep myself from going crazy.

Pfl was a regular 10 pack of seeds. If I remember correctly I plant 7 seeds, and got 5 females. One full blown hermie and this one had a ton of late nanners. I think they're sterile so no big deal. I'll keep growing it, very unique smelling plant and big dense buds.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Querkle nanners as well. And I can honestly say for the first time that i don't think it was my fault, at all. This run was super smooth and easy on the plants with the exception of thrips, which weren't terrible and dust cause

hiiipower

hiiipower

Crap hit post accidentally....

Thrips didn't cause the nanners for sure. So pfl nanners, querkle nanners, Brian berry cough didn't have one single nanner and it took the beating from being directly next to the controller bucket.

Orcaman

Orcaman

It's interesting how the grow responds when an accident does happen. A couple of years back I was using no timers with my homemade tent. One night a little too buzzed I sealed up the tent for the night and forgot to unplug the light. What a heartbreaking moment the next morning finding it on all night. My tent had to be open with lights on to maintain a decent temp. When I opened it up it was 105 degrees and a huge puddle of water on the tent floor. Surprisingly all the plants handled it very well and only two out of nine plants threw out a few nanners from the incident. Just recently I had a Blue cheese herm and still not sure of the reason there. She is pretty tasty so I am going to run her a second time and see if she is just a genetic herm.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Why am I not getting alerts or whatever? This is a thread I'm "watching," haven't seen any of those recent posts until I was like,"I wonder if there's been any action on @hiiipower 's thread...." just now.

Anyway, nice job. Sucks about the herms, but I guess if nothing got pollinated, it's not a big deal. Smoke report/dry weight/finished product report soon?

5x Larry Lotus and SSDD, 6x Tree of Life been above ground for about two weeks, gonna start a log soon.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Gotta say, too, that the Querkel looks fucking SICK. I'm not a huge fan of TGA's gear (maybe because I've never had any that was properly grown), but I looooove how crazy-dark yours look. Color's really gorgeous. I love that eggplant/purple-black tint to 'em. Really beautiful.

Now if only you'd just switch to soil.....

Hahaha!!! Just fucking around, that shit looks BOMB. Can't wait to see those Eclipses in action....

hiiipower

hiiipower

Why am I not getting alerts or whatever? This is a thread I'm "watching," haven't seen any of those recent posts until I was like,"I wonder if there's been any action on @hiiipower 's thread...." just now.

Anyway, nice job. Sucks about the herms, but I guess if nothing got pollinated, it's not a big deal. Smoke report/dry weight/finished product report soon?

5x Larry Lotus and SSDD, 6x Tree of Life been above ground for about two weeks, gonna start a log soon.

Man that happens to me all the time on here, doesn't alert me and I've missed days and days of post and it's like AHHHHHHHHH WTF!!! haha

Smoke report dry weights/pics coming coon.

As for TGA's stuff you nailed it actually. They have amazing flavors, probably as good as it gets in the weed world. Problem is with those really fruity candy flavors they're known for, the crop has to be grown perfectly from start to finish. If not, what comes out is literally the worst looking/tasting/burning crap ever that is occasionally potent.

I will say that JC2 is by far the strongest bud I've personally burned(only time I've ever had to throw out hundreds of gallons of water because I was too fucked up to remember what I had just put into the water tank while doing a reservoir change haha). Couldn't drive anywhere after smoking it, or it took 5x as long because you forgot what you were doing every 10 seconds.

Larry Lotus, SSDD, and Tree of Life?!?! DAMMMMMNNN. 2 wks? What are you trying to be sneaky or something? Start that log brotha! Been updating my Eclipse in this thread too so I'll keep it going.

Good call on the eggplant color, that's what I said at first too.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

flume is basically just like a fountain. a quick google search like "flume for aerating water" or "oxygenating water with a flume" should give you tons of info.

this is my set up

View attachment 578888

View attachment 578890
^^^^^you can see the control bucket here with a fountain effect near the top. its like a fine sheet of water. all that water is being exposed to oxygen^^^^^^^^^

View attachment 578889
Very VERY cool.great stuff man.
great thread @hiiipower.love the diy uc.they look like they work great and great info on the effectiveness of the chiller.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Very VERY cool.great stuff man.
great thread @hiiipower.love the diy uc.they look like they work great and great info on the effectiveness of the chiller.

Thank you Mr Bee! Having a lot of fun, glad to share it

Top Bottom