Diy Uc Of Dank

• Thread starter hiiipower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

Haha, I literally JUST packed a bowl of Blackberry Kush right before I looked at this thread. Totally forgot I even had it in the cupboard (them's the breaks when you got too many jars at home haha). You are so right, those Blackberry strains are insanely frosty. Don't think I've ever seen a batch of a blackberry that wasn't like,"Shit.... Ok...." haha.

Obviously, I have no clue about your growing style, but 7200 watts for eight plants??? Is that right? I can see those cages and it looks like you plan on growing some big-ass plants, but still.... Hoowee. That's a lot of light. Really looking forward to this one.

I wonder if you could install hooks in the middle of the ceiling a little closer to the inside row of the plants, then kind of pull the cords on your lights up a a little bit and closer to the inside of the plants? Like maybe alternating one light to to the left, one to the right etc? Just to get 'em even a little closer to the inside.

Still, I'm stoked for this, can't wait to watch this shit. Gonna get in the room tonight and handle my shit, thing are looking great, for the most part, but I gotta be at work an hour earlier tomorrow morning so I ain't gonna take pics, but I will on Thursday night. Gonna switch to 14/10 tomorrow and give 'em 10-14 days, then flip. They all look really good, except the Tree of Life's. They some finicky bitches, no doubt. But they're also the biggest plants in the garden.

7200 for 8 plants, heck yeah buddy!!! I was expecting pretty huge plants, still gonna be big but not quite what I'm looking for in future. I like to call em mini trees haha

Minitiger

Minitiger

7200 for 8 plants, heck yeah buddy!!! I was expecting pretty huge plants, still gonna be big but not quite what I'm looking for in future. I like to call em mini trees haha

Kill it, bro! I mean, if you got the circuit box for 7200 watts, then why the fuck not? Haha!

I'm envious, man, not gonna lie. Been checking out new houses with a circuit box that can handle even around 3000 watts and 30 amps, but finding that in LA while maintaining decent rent is a bitch haha.

I know I already said how I'm digging the super-clean white clinical setup, but then I noticed how you have them ballasts all neatly installed and shit.... Not trying to be a fanboy or somethin, but Gawddamn your setup looks clean as a motherfucker. Love it.

Gonna post some pics tomorrow on my log, hope you check it. Gave my plants a little TM7 foliar a few days ago and they obviously appreciated it. There's this one Larry Lotus that's really caught my eye. I mean, a lot of them have been catching my eye, but this one Larry... I dunno. It's the smallest plant in the garden, but something about it is making me go,"Yeah, this is one I wanna keep around, I think," haha. Super-tight nodes and bushy as fuck. Totally different than the rest of the plants.

Anyway, yeah. Loving your grow already. I think this is gonna turn out real well for ya. Just got a good vibe about this one. Could be the Blackberry I've been blazing, but, uh, yeah.... Stoked for this.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Kill it, bro! I mean, if you got the circuit box for 7200 watts, then why the fuck not? Haha!

I'm envious, man, not gonna lie. Been checking out new houses with a circuit box that can handle even around 3000 watts and 30 amps, but finding that in LA while maintaining decent rent is a bitch haha.

I know I already said how I'm digging the super-clean white clinical setup, but then I noticed how you have them ballasts all neatly installed and shit.... Not trying to be a fanboy or somethin, but Gawddamn your setup looks clean as a motherfucker. Love it.

Gonna post some pics tomorrow on my log, hope you check it. Gave my plants a little TM7 foliar a few days ago and they obviously appreciated it. There's this one Larry Lotus that's really caught my eye. I mean, a lot of them have been catching my eye, but this one Larry... I dunno. It's the smallest plant in the garden, but something about it is making me go,"Yeah, this is one I wanna keep around, I think," haha. Super-tight nodes and bushy as fuck. Totally different than the rest of the plants.

Anyway, yeah. Loving your grow already. I think this is gonna turn out real well for ya. Just got a good vibe about this one. Could be the Blackberry I've been blazing, but, uh, yeah.... Stoked for this.

Thanks brother. I've been working my butt off thanks for noticing.
Can't wait to see your next bloom run you got killer genetics as always. Hopefully that snow lotus will slap Larry some better flavor for you, never liked the taste of Larry personally but nice smoke none the less.

Wait till you see what just poked their heads above ground today for next round!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks brother. I've been working my butt off thanks for noticing.
Can't wait to see your next bloom run you got killer genetics as always. Hopefully that snow lotus will slap Larry some better flavor for you, never liked the taste of Larry personally but nice smoke none the less.

Wait till you see what just poked their heads above ground today for next round!

Well come on, man! Don't keep us in suspense. Wha'd you sprout?

hiiipower

hiiipower

Haha didn't mean to keep you waiting, internet crapped out yesterday.

Only have a sec so here they are...
IMG 0010
IMG 0030

IMG 0050
hiiipower

hiiipower

4 wks into the run already, getting more exciting now.

First things first...

Sugar Dog's are hermaphrodite. They throw male sacs at the preflower sites. Their not all terrible, out of the 4 plants I could keep 3 easily and just pick off the occasional male preflower that comes out, mostly just on the very lower wispy buds anyways. So far I can't see male sacs in the buds themselves, just the preflowers. One of the 4, however, is not worth keeping, way to many male flowers pouring out of every single preflower site. Every morning I go in and pull off the newly opened parachutes of male flowers.

The smell is great though, found at least 1 sugar pheno, which is what I wanted. And it grows super fast and looks like it's going to yield well. The taller phenos are Sugar phenos, shorter ones are Chem like in smell.

Take a look. Male preflower on Sugar Dog..

IMG 0058

Here's the Sugar pheno below
IMG 0078

Stem of Sugar pheno...
IMG 0101

Eclipse below.

Ridiculously sweet candy pineapple. I've said this before about the "pineapple" smell of C99/Apollo hybrids and I'll say it again.... It's the EXACT, EXACT smell of yellow fruit/shark snacks with more sweet/candy flavor. Come on, everyone has to be somewhat familiar with this smell, they're probably sold worldwide in some way/shape/form. Whether you fed them to your kids/grandkids or ate the crap out of them as a child(or adult, no judgement, I love them myself). A little out there of a reference but I never smelled 2 things that smelled more alike. Except the smell of the Eclipse is way more loud and sweet than a yellow fruit snack. Same scent just intensified and more candy-like.

Anyways, the bigger Eclipse stretched very fast and set buds and resin quickly. Has a great branchy bushy open structure and looks like it's gonna yield very well.
IMG 0092

Eclipse again...
IMG 0094

Man, I love pheno hunting. So fun to go in the room everyday to find new smells. Glad I made the switch to grow from seed mostly, it's just fun as hell. Even to see the slight differences in phenos of the same family is a blast. And the vigor is totally unbeatable. The vigor of my strongest clones has nearly the same vigor of my worst seeds.

IMG 0077
Minitiger

Minitiger

4 wks into the run already, getting more exciting now.

First things first...

Sugar Dog's are hermaphrodite. They throw male sacs at the preflower sites. Their not all terrible, out of the 4 plants I could keep 3 easily and just pick off the occasional male preflower that comes out, mostly just on the very lower wispy buds anyways. So far I can't see male sacs in the buds themselves, just the preflowers. One of the 4, however, is not worth keeping, way to many male flowers pouring out of every single preflower site. Every morning I go in and pull off the newly opened parachutes of male flowers.

The smell is great though, found at least 1 sugar pheno, which is what I wanted. And it grows super fast and looks like it's going to yield well. The taller phenos are Sugar phenos, shorter ones are Chem like in smell.

Take a look. Male preflower on Sugar Dog..

View attachment 602250
Here's the Sugar pheno below
View attachment 602252
Stem of Sugar pheno...
View attachment 602256

Eclipse below.

Ridiculously sweet candy pineapple. I've said this before about the "pineapple" smell of C99/Apollo hybrids and I'll say it again.... It's the EXACT, EXACT smell of yellow fruit/shark snacks with more sweet/candy flavor. Come on, everyone has to be somewhat familiar with this smell, they're probably sold worldwide in some way/shape/form. Whether you fed them to your kids/grandkids or ate the crap out of them as a child(or adult, no judgement, I love them myself). A little out there of a reference but I never smelled 2 things that smelled more alike. Except the smell of the Eclipse is way more loud and sweet than a yellow fruit snack. Same scent just intensified and more candy-like.

Anyways, the bigger Eclipse stretched very fast and set buds and resin quickly. Has a great branchy bushy open structure and looks like it's gonna yield very well.
View attachment 602253
Eclipse again...
View attachment 602255

Man, I love pheno hunting. So fun to go in the room everyday to find new smells. Glad I made the switch to grow from seed mostly, it's just fun as hell. Even to see the slight differences in phenos of the same family is a blast. And the vigor is totally unbeatable. The vigor of my strongest clones has nearly the same vigor of my worst seeds.

Damn, has it been four weeks already?

Sucks about the herms, I dunno if I'd keep any of them around. But I'm just paranoid like that. I'm digging the fuck out of those big ol' dark green fan leaves on the sugar pheno, though. Digging that Eclipse, too. The structure on that one is really cool, the way those lower branches are curving up like that. The bigger one was the one you topped, right? Can't remember offhand.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Damn, has it been four weeks already?

Sucks about the herms, I dunno if I'd keep any of them around. But I'm just paranoid like that. I'm digging the fuck out of those big ol' dark green fan leaves on the sugar pheno, though. Digging that Eclipse, too. The structure on that one is really cool, the way those lower branches are curving up like that. The bigger one was the one you topped, right? Can't remember offhand.

I know I'm bummed about the herms. The flavor is so unique though, I'll probably keep the bigger one and just pick off the male flowers in early bloom. No biggie just makes for a little more work. Only saw them on the very lowest buds of my favorite one. I do also really like the big dark green leaves of them. They take nutrients and a hydro system really well.

Been 4 wks for the pineapple fruit loops already. Some have only been in for 2 wks though.

Funny about the eclipse that the biggest one is the best, the one I was least excited about. Figures, usually how it goes. I'm gonna grow the hell outta this cut along with my seeds probably. Wide swooping branches! That plant should be literally 2x that big. Next time... Thanks for stopping in.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, man, "wide swooping branches" is exactly right! I love the way the lower branches stretch out and then curve up like that. Real purty.... Haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Mid bloom.
Ec is at it's highest right now at 0.8, and I think it was just a tad too high. 0.7 is all I will be hitting in the future. At 0.8 the plants didn't eat any food during that 24hr period. I don't like that. To me that means too high. So this morning I dumped it down to 0.65. I personally like to see them eating about 0.1 ec/day right now. Maybe with co2 they would eat more, but without it 0.1/day eaten is what I'm looking for.

Pic update
One side of the room.
Marionberry right up front, then 2 sugar dogs, and a pineapple fruit loops on the far end.
IMG 0117

Below: Sugar pheno of Sugar Dog. Oldest one, 5 wks in. Really impressed with the resin on these so far. Male flowers have stopped coming in on the herm phenos, thank god, what a pain in the ass to scour over plants for male sacs.
IMG 0122

Below: Eclipse, solid as a rock. Great plant, but the other pheno is incredibly tiny, not even half this size.
IMG 0127
IMG 0130

Below: Wanted to show how well the clackamas mix composted down. The very top layer is how everything in the bucket looked like 6 wks ago. Dig down an inch to find this black gold of compost, all the way down to the bottom of the bucket. I put a huge handful of the black compost into a nylon and am letting it sit in the controller bucket for a hour or two. Then res change shortly after, 2-3 days, don't want it to sit too long.
IMG 0137

Enjoy

hiiipower

hiiipower

Changed the res 3 days after doing the nylon sock w/ compost thing. Res still looked really clean and roots look healthy still(pics of roots below).

Sugar Dog, Sugar pheno. Definitely one of the most resinous plants I've ever seen. Really a shame about the hermies on all the sugar phenos, it's as frosty as any kush hybrid I've grown. Also, You've probably never smelled anything like this in your life, very unique. Sour, sweet, juniper, wood, spice, incense. Mix of all that... It's a love/hate smell. You'll either praise it or curse it. Personally, it's becoming my favorite aroma in the room. 2 of the 3 Sugar-like pheno(3 of 4 phenos are sugar leaning, 1 is a chem pheno) are very big yielders, very big.
IMG 0143

IMG 0146
Below is a seed, inevitable with the herms. Picked off most male sacs but it's impossible to get em all.
IMG 0149
Chem pheno of Sugar Dog below. Tiny buds.
IMG 0150

Eclipse below. Chunking up nicely.
IMG 0151

Here's a look at the roots. A little less bright white using the dark botanicare line and not a clean/sterile line. Still very white and healthy, the compost drench didn't dinge them too badly, or at all I don't think. I turned the air pump down for the pic so you could see a little better.
IMG 0166

Below is the root ball of Pineapple Fruit Loops. This is what a burnt up root ball looks like. Compared to the picture before you can see there's a small root ball, no thick roots at all, just very fine haired, not very white roots. Above ground the leaves are curled over badly looking just like any over fed plant. I wasn't able to get this plant fully healthy before I flipped it, and it wasn't able to take the high nutrients of bloom. Plant is still great and smells and will yield awesome, but I missed out on a lot of potential this round with this plant. No bueno.
IMG 0168

Below:
Natural Mystic(Jamaican x Snow Lotus). They don't have the long petioles and huge 3 and 5 leave sets I'm used to seeing. They're healthy as can be, they're just a little different I guess.
IMG 0158

IMG 0163

IMG 0165
Minitiger

Minitiger

Sugar Dog...
View attachment 608760 Pineapple Fruit Loops...
View attachment 608761 Eclipse...
View attachment 608762 Marionberry Kush...
View attachment 608763

Maaaaaaannnn.... That Sugar Dog looks fucking SICK! Really unfortunate it's so hermie-prone. But yeah, that looks bomb as fuck.

The Apollo genetics look very apparent in that Eclipse. Granted, I only know what I know from my lone run of the Apollo 11, but yeah, that pic really reminds me of the Apollo I grew last time. I guess that's a good sign? Or a sign, anyway haha!

What's up with that Marionberry Kush? Looks like it's gonna yield pretty, uh, light. These are like seven or eight weeks into flower, right? They've gotta be getting close to finish, no?

Gonna post pics of my shit in the next few days. The Larrys are fucking frooooooosssstttyyyyy already, barely three weeks into flower, I'm super-impressed. The Tree of Lifes wont quit stretchin, getting a little nervous about them, actually. I let this grow get away from me a little bit, to be honest. I think it's fucking comical that I was considering flowering out all ten females. There's barely enough room in there for the five I got going right now haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Maaaaaaannnn.... That Sugar Dog looks fucking SICK! Really unfortunate it's so hermie-prone. But yeah, that looks bomb as fuck.

The Apollo genetics look very apparent in that Eclipse. Granted, I only know what I know from my lone run of the Apollo 11, but yeah, that pic really reminds me of the Apollo I grew last time. I guess that's a good sign? Or a sign, anyway haha!

What's up with that Marionberry Kush? Looks like it's gonna yield pretty, uh, light. These are like seven or eight weeks into flower, right? They've gotta be getting close to finish, no?

Gonna post pics of my shit in the next few days. The Larrys are fucking frooooooosssstttyyyyy already, barely three weeks into flower, I'm super-impressed. The Tree of Lifes wont quit stretchin, getting a little nervous about them, actually. I let this grow get away from me a little bit, to be honest. I think it's fucking comical that I was considering flowering out all ten females. There's barely enough room in there for the five I got going right now haha.

The eclipse is getting really fox tailed, not like it's hot, but just the shape of the bud itself. I think it's pretty cool. Thing frickin reeks of pineapple skunk candy, this is what I'm most excited to burn this round.

Sugar dogs are all impressively frosty. But yeah the marionberry is small. She's 2 wks behind the sugar dog though so she should be a lil smaller. I think she's pretty frosty for not even 6 wks in. It will be rotated out of the line up soon though on account of slow growth and small yield. Shes a full on sweet kush. Smells like bubba(deep spicy kush) with a slightly sweet syrup end. Not super sweet like syrup for pancakes, just a mildly sweet bland syrup finish.

Larry is frosty already? Prove it...

Minitiger

Minitiger

The eclipse is getting really fox tailed, not like it's hot, but just the shape of the bud itself. I think it's pretty cool. Thing frickin reeks of pineapple skunk candy, this is what I'm most excited to burn this round.

Sugar dogs are all impressively frosty. But yeah the marionberry is small. She's 2 wks behind the sugar dog though so she should be a lil smaller. I think she's pretty frosty for not even 6 wks in. It will be rotated out of the line up soon though on account of slow growth and small yield. Shes a full on sweet kush. Smells like bubba(deep spicy kush) with a slightly sweet syrup end. Not super sweet like syrup for pancakes, just a mildly sweet bland syrup finish.

Larry is frosty already? Prove it...

Prove it??? Fuck. YOU. Hahaha!!!

Just kidding. I know I've been slacking on the updates. Shit's been getting a little weird in my world lately (in both a good and a, uh, weird way haha) but I'm gonna water tonight, I'll take pics then.

Personally, I like fox tailed-type nugs. So I don't think it's a bad thing that your Eclipses are doing that. Clearly, you don't either. And your opinion is all that matters, so..... But yeah, I always think of the way Sour Diesel typically kinda foxtails and I LOVE Sour Diesel, so I don't think it's a "bad" thing that the Eclipse is doing that. And it looks fucking great, so who cares? I think that some strains just do that, regardless of the environment.

I didn't realize the Marionberry was two weeks behind. After I saw your last post, I researched the fuck out of that strain, just because I'm a dork like that. Sounds like a good one.

Anyway.... Yeah, I'll take pics tonight, maybe. I can already tell that today is gonna be a long day, people are already hanging out, music's blaring etc etc..... It's Saturday haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Prove it??? Fuck. YOU. Hahaha!!!

Just kidding. I know I've been slacking on the updates. Shit's been getting a little weird in my world lately (in both a good and a, uh, weird way haha) but I'm gonna water tonight, I'll take pics then.

Personally, I like fox tailed-type nugs. So I don't think it's a bad thing that your Eclipses are doing that. Clearly, you don't either. And your opinion is all that matters, so..... But yeah, I always think of the way Sour Diesel typically kinda foxtails and I LOVE Sour Diesel, so I don't think it's a "bad" thing that the Eclipse is doing that. And it looks fucking great, so who cares? I think that some strains just do that, regardless of the environment.

I didn't realize the Marionberry was two weeks behind. After I saw your last post, I researched the fuck out of that strain, just because I'm a dork like that. Sounds like a good one.

Anyway.... Yeah, I'll take pics tonight, maybe. I can already tell that today is gonna be a long day, people are already hanging out, music's blaring etc etc..... It's Saturday haha.

Pics or it never happened right? Bahahaha.

I like foxtails if they're natural, I think they're sweet looking. I wouldn't suggest marionberry just cause it's really small and slow, and weak structure, and not the most potent. I like the pineapple kush pheno that I found in a pack of cbd seeds(lbl x harlequin).

Have a great weekend brotha

Minitiger

Minitiger

Lbl x Harlequin? Is the lbl part of the genetics Long Bottom Leaf? So weird if it is. I've been reading up on that strain a lot lately, super-intrigued with that one. Never heard anything but good shit re: that strain. I was literally JUST looking at Mota's site, debating whether or not I should grab a pack or three. I really shouldn't, but I feel like I should haha.

There are no coincidences haha......

And you have a great weekend, too. Get yer ass out to LA.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Lbl x Harlequin? Is the lbl part of the genetics Long Bottom Leaf? So weird if it is. I've been reading up on that strain a lot lately, super-intrigued with that one. Never heard anything but good shit re: that strain. I was literally JUST looking at Mota's site, debating whether or not I should grab a pack or three. I really shouldn't, but I feel like I should haha.

There are no coincidences haha......

And you have a great weekend, too. Get yer ass out to LA.

Not much of a believer in coincidences myself!

Yeah, lbl is Long Bottom Leaf... You know I grew that out?
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/lbl-x-harlequin.77041/page-2

Only pack of seeds I've grown that I actually kept 2 different phenos becuase I liked them both so much. The pineapple kush pheno is great and potent, but I also kept one that has no effect on me whatsoever. Actually it's very unsatisfying, but I think that's the high cbd/low thc one(I don't really have any ailments that I would notice cbd helping, so idk). Haven't had it tested... Every female(4) was completely different but very very high quality.

With any luck I'll be in LA right after you crop the TOL and Sunny D and LL. Hopefully I can time that out right hahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom