Dizzle's booty clappin on ya grave

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaCaino

Thanks for the reply, Dizzle.

Why the doubling up of the trees? I'm assuming it's so you can make the two into one large super-tree of sorts. Is this right? Do you think you could overcome that by using CO2 through both veg and bloom and producing a larger single plant that way? I'm thinking about 16k in a layout like this.

X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X

What do you think of that? It seems like you would recommend I have two everywhere on the inside where they are getting 4k each and instead have them all getting 2k each. I like the idea of 25 plants rather than 34, just to keep overall numbers easily under 60 with veg and moms. Then again, it looks like from previous posts that you use more of a diamond shape and would arrange them differently where each plant would at most get 3k if they weren't doubled up.

Caino

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
so dizzle other than the explosive veg growth do you think there is any loss in yield as compared to your mpb setup?

M

mrdizzle

Much respect Dizzle! I am currently setting up a similar grow and I have a few questions for you.

1) how far is each lamp from the center of each plant?

2) What ph do you typically water at?

3) Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a "Hempy" bucket? From what I can infer it is simply a bucket with a drain that is not positioned at the bottom but a couple inches from the bottom to allow a "Mini-res". Do you put airstones in the bottom of these buckets (or would that make them krusty buckets?)

thanks for the help and you have a lovely show.

IS4F

I would say the bulbs to the center of each plant is max 2ft, but the outsides buds can be really close, 5inches sometimes, yo yo's help

I water at 5.8, 900-1200ppm, with a 200ppmflush every other 44gal res fill

hempy is baiscally a mini res at the bottom of the pots that tap roots wick up, no air need, I think there is a DIY thread on here for hempys

Thanks for the reply, Dizzle.

Why the doubling up of the trees? I'm assuming it's so you can make the two into one large super-tree of sorts. Is this right? Do you think you could overcome that by using CO2 through both veg and bloom and producing a larger single plant that way? I'm thinking about 16k in a layout like this.

X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X
O O O O
X X X X X

What do you think of that? It seems like you would recommend I have two everywhere on the inside where they are getting 4k each and instead have them all getting 2k each. I like the idea of 25 plants rather than 34, just to keep overall numbers easily under 60 with veg and moms. Then again, it looks like from previous posts that you use more of a diamond shape and would arrange them differently where each plant would at most get 3k if they weren't doubled up.

Caino

Im changing a friends 8k room into your exact layout. my layout is a diamond, I think you'll do very well with that set up, those plants getting 4k can reach 1.5lbs pretty easily , so hitting 2lb per light shouldnt be hard at all

you can get the plants bigger than I do be getting them bigger in veg, If I had more room i could get plants 40inx40in before transplant, I overgrow a 4x4tent with 12 plants, I would also veg for about 2-3wk before tranplant with a vertical bulb to start to bush them out, veg with overhead light for 4weeks then with vertical lighting for 3 weeks, but in flower room and veg for 1-2wks and filp. I would also have them in their flowering pots 2wks before they go into the flower room

also I would not set them up hempy, hempys great but the reason I do it is beecause its easy and I couldnt really fit more out of my rooms, but if I was trying to get 1.5-2lb plants i would do an 90%perlite grow with a highly frequent watering schedule, maybe 1min every 15min. that style will proform extremly well. check out Janus thread

so dizzle other than the explosive veg growth do you think there is any loss in yield as compared to your mpb setup?

Nope I have gone up in yeild for the rooms

aleYarok

aleYarok

damnnnn 9lbs from 4k???
shit my 8k mpb barely got 4lbs haha

god im so torn as what my next room should be...
9-12 plants in a 200 gallon smart pots with a 1k over each bed (obs style)
or build another vertical room but with coco like yours...

M

mrdizzle

keep the room but move in more plants in 10gal hempys, you will move it bro, go DTW and harvest heavy

200gal is a fuck ton of soil per 1k, I think it but getting and getting rid of that much coco is a pain

C

CannaCaino

Thanks, Dizzle. I don't want to water like that at all. I would much prefer to water every other day. What do you think the best way to achieve that would be for this type of grow? Your 70/30 mix?

I'm really appreciating your help here. I've been doing this a while, but I really want to take it to another level. This is a totally different style than what I've ever done. I've always grown in 3-5 gallon pots, pure coco. Nothing near the size of trees and no vert lighting. I'm excited about this new style.

L

Lost

Dizzle, if you found yourself in a 6 mature plant limit situation, how would you do it?

Ok, now imagine your living on Oahu and ou have a 3 mature plant limit, how would you do that?

Kinda of loaded question, but also curious to see what your thoughts are on small gardens, relatively large outputs..

aleYarok

aleYarok

keep the room but move in more plants in 10gal hempys, you will move it bro, go DTW and harvest heavy

200gal is a fuck ton of soil per 1k, I think it but getting and getting rid of that much coco is a pain
dad wants to keep the current room how it is.
im getting a new place with my friend in a couple months and will have another space to set up a 4 lighter.
with the 200 gal smart pot, obs cuts of i think like 12-14" inches off the top

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok Dizzle. Next run I think I am going to set up really similar to your 27 gal tubs. You have two plants in each one right? Something like this

XoX X=27 gallon tote with two plants
oXo o= 1000 watts
XoX

I have been really tempted to do a UC diy but I'm wanting to play it safe until I have the money to drop on a UC system and appropriate chillers and what not.

T

tommytwotone

Need help with trees

Dizzle,

I have been an aero guy for quite some time... done pretty well with it however would like to get away from high plant numbers to provide for my patients.

I have been reading a lot of your threads. and am pretty set on going to coco/perlite for our tree grows.

I am wondering what size container and what amount of veg time do you think would be required to achieve solid 1lb+ trees

I am thinking to veg with roughly 8000 lumens per square foot and over head lighting in veg. lots of light not skimping
My coco/perlite mix is 70 coco 30 perlite and all drain to waste. I am currently watering 1.5l of nuted water every day (it is timed)

I am thinking the flowering lighting patern to be
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x
oxoxo
xoxox
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x
oxoxo
xoxox
x=lights
o=plants
and can the lights be 600s? instead of 1000?

I

Inlinemax

Dizzle,

This thread is the reason I joined here. Respect! Thinkin of doin something like this, with 2 stacked sixes In place of thousands. Do you think the 2 cool tubes stacked would be too tall?

Also, what is the benefit to the bottom layer of pearlite? If you can automate waterings, is the hempy style nessicary? I am thinking blumats specifically.

Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!

Max

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i like the kiss philosophy...it still produces as much as the complicated, temperamental setup. imo, dtw will always produce more than recirc because you're constantly feeding fresh, balanced nutes. i like the 80/20 ratio you use too.

why is it you don't like masterkush as much as blackberry?

M

mrdizzle

Dizzle, if you found yourself in a 6 mature plant limit situation, how would you do it?

Ok, now imagine your living on Oahu and ou have a 3 mature plant limit, how would you do that?

Kinda of loaded question, but also curious to see what your thoughts are on small gardens, relatively large outputs..

I would probably do a perpetual grow, one plant would harvest every 3weeks, vegging them for 8-10 weeks and just make a big rotation out of it. Plently of light of course

Ok Dizzle. Next run I think I am going to set up really similar to your 27 gal tubs. You have two plants in each one right? Something like this

XoX X=27 gallon tote with two plants
oXo o= 1000 watts
XoX

I have been really tempted to do a UC diy but I'm wanting to play it safe until I have the money to drop on a UC system and appropriate chillers and what not.
thats exactly how I set it up, I would at single plants on the outside of those lights for a total of 14 plants. save your money bro, I sometimes I feel like Im the only one to notices that about 75% of the UC grows Ive seen have failed.

Dizzle,

I have been an aero guy for quite some time... done pretty well with it however would like to get away from high plant numbers to provide for my patients.

I have been reading a lot of your threads. and am pretty set on going to coco/perlite for our tree grows.

I am wondering what size container and what amount of veg time do you think would be required to achieve solid 1lb+ trees

I am thinking to veg with roughly 8000 lumens per square foot and over head lighting in veg. lots of light not skimping
My coco/perlite mix is 70 coco 30 perlite and all drain to waste. I am currently watering 1.5l of nuted water every day (it is timed)

I am thinking the flowering lighting patern to be
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x
oxoxo
xoxox
x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x
oxoxo
xoxox
x=lights
o=plants
and can the lights be 600s? instead of 1000?

10gal seems to be plenty big, that is the best light set up for getting the most out of every single plant. I probably wouldnt use all 600's but I wouldnt hesitate to use them on the outside rows of lights so long as half the plant is seeing some 1000w love

Dizzle,

This thread is the reason I joined here. Respect! Thinkin of doin something like this, with 2 stacked sixes In place of thousands. Do you think the 2 cool tubes stacked would be too tall?

Also, what is the benefit to the bottom layer of pearlite? If you can automate waterings, is the hempy style nessicary? I am thinking blumats specifically.

Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!

Max

I think that would come out great, I almost did 2-600s stacked a while back, its a perfect size. I cant say for sure if the hempy style is needed, I will probably change it in the future with a different set up. I woudlnt rock the burmats thou, makes you over confident that they will take care of things for you, I would rather just water on a timed thing, with a lighter medium you cant really over water. I used to run 70-30 coco to perlite but the reverse mix really blows it away, give it a try

i like the kiss philosophy...it still produces as much as the complicated, temperamental setup. imo, dtw will always produce more than recirc because you're constantly feeding fresh, balanced nutes. i like the 80/20 ratio you use too.

why is it you don't like masterkush as much as blackberry?

Im with you bro. I agree. I usually dont like the look of my masters to the blackberry, its a better smoke thou. These last two runs I have cut my lights for 3 full days before chop, kept all my intake fans on and the masters have come out absolutly insane. I have had this strain for over a year and the increase in bling is retarded

M

MediMary

I sometimes I feel like Im the only one to notices that about 75% of the UC grows Ive seen have failed.
I was just thinking about those statistics, was thinking of making a little personal list of those who has had no problems, who have had minor problems and who has lost their asses.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Im with you bro. I agree. I usually dont like the look of my masters to the blackberry, its a better smoke thou. These last two runs I have cut my lights for 3 full days before chop, kept all my intake fans on and the masters have come out absolutly insane. I have had this strain for over a year and the increase in bling is retarded

please, please, please take close ups! i like retarded :)

U

UnitedWeStand

impressive.

10 gal is plenty, Id think 5 gal smart pots would be plenty for trees as well, lets be real here..

what do you say to the people who say you will yield better with 100% coco as opposed to 70% perlite/30% coco ???

L

Lost

impressive.

10 gal is plenty, Id think 5 gal smart pots would be plenty for trees as well, lets be real here..

what do you say to the people who say you will yield better with 100% coco as opposed to 70% perlite/30% coco ???

Yea, Dizzle, don't you know whats up? :rofl

M

mrdizzle

impressive.

Id say that they prefer not to water that much so they talk themselves into believe that. I would also say that 30%perlite doesnt do a whole lot. I wish I would have posted some pictures of the rootball in the 70%perlite coco mix, 9 out of ten people would think its 75%coco. Im going to keep cutting more and more coco out . Roots grow quickly when they have lots of air and little resistants, add a moist but never wet surrounding, and life is good

M

mrdizzle

I was just thinking about those statistics, was thinking of making a little personal list of those who has had no problems, who have had minor problems and who has lost their asses.

no doubt, I can not deny that plants grow faster and hard in a UC/MPB than any other style of growing that I have seen, but all that goes out the window if you harvest nothing, or stress yourself the fuck out for 2months checking your roots 12times a day. at least you'll learn how to become a ganja whisperer

Top Bottom