Dizzle's booty clappin on ya grave

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UnitedWeStand

Yea, Dizzle, don't you know whats up? :rofl

shhhh, you will see my skills some day. Don't you think a 5 gal smart pot is plenty for a 4 week vegged plant ?? I can't imagine a 10 gal yielding that much more, the plant will not become rootbound with a 4-6 week veg in a 5 gal smart pot even under 1000's IMO!

Just think one could save $$ on perlite/coco, what is the bare minimum for a tree like mr dizzle has ?

Id say that they prefer not to water that much so they talk themselves into believe that

true. is it just the extra air space (o2) in the medium that increases yield from the perlite, maybe the faster dry out time and more frequent feeds ?

I don't know mayne !!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Did you hit your goal Dizzle? Hope to see some nice nug shots... :cool

P.S. I haven't been checking on my roots or worrying about pH... :itwasntme

M

mrdizzle

I didnt hit it, got almost exactly the same as last run, plant were a lot bigger thou,but I didnt get the budsize I had before. didnt clean the insides out at all and it ended up hurting the yeilds a little, all that small larf stealing the juice. I guess cant be that sad just under 2 a light with 12 plants . next run is looking great thou I will get some pics up I have had visitors for almost 2wks so been a little busy

M

mrdizzle

Thank you.

Whats you opinion on using blumats for constant feeding in a mostly perlite medium ? And do you prefer hempy's over smart pots and why ?

Copy that, he certainly does :)

IMO perlite would need more contact points for the feedwater, a drip ring with 4-6 spots where water is being trickled in because it doesnt wick out like coco or soil.

I use smart pots for my moms because they keep things from getting rootbound for the most part by air pruning.

I believe that hempys will out preform smartpots hand feed or a smartpot soil grow.

If you modified the smartpots with perlite on a constant drip or some sort of frequent timed feeding will probably do better than hempys. hempys are just easy and safe and very effective. no recirculating, no chillers, DTW is great because each rez fill you can fine tune your PPms and ph by how your plants are looking

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I didnt hit it, got almost exactly the same as last run, plant were a lot bigger thou,but I didnt get the budsize I had before. didnt clean the insides out at all and it ended up hurting the yeilds a little, all that small larf stealing the juice. I guess cant be that sad just under 2 a light with 12 plants . next run is looking great thou I will get some pics up I have had visitors for almost 2wks so been a little busy
No worries brah... Just under 2 a light is still pretty damn good and blows away anything I've ever done... :thinking

U

UnitedWeStand

IMO perlite would need more contact points for the feedwater, a drip ring with 4-6 spots where water is being trickled in because it doesnt wick out like coco or soil.

I use smart pots for my moms because they keep things from getting rootbound for the most part by air pruning.

I believe that hempys will out preform smartpots hand feed or a smartpot soil grow.

If you modified the smartpots with perlite on a constant drip or some sort of frequent timed feeding will probably do better than hempys. hempys are just easy and safe and very effective. no recirculating, no chillers, DTW is great because each rez fill you can fine tune your PPms and ph by how your plants are looking

Great, thank you for those excellent points. Super baked right now. I'd imagine a mostly perlite smart pot would need a lot of waste water during mid-flower for a frequent drip setup ?

What I'm really after is what is the highest yielding, best way to grow with perlite/coco ?

I bet that 3-10 gal smart-pot perlite/coco plant (70/30 ish) on a blumat would do real nice 2. I wonder if those work with perlite and chunky perlite ?

I too seek to avoid many pumps and timers, unnecessary risks.

Would probably need a drip ring emitter for the blumat in perlite huh ? I remember you saying something about the perlite not wicking like coco or soil ?

T

tommytwotone

Dizzle need some help

Thank you for your response to my lighting tree questions...

what I am looking to do is veg for about 6-8 weeks
1. Wondering what size pots I should veg in??? I am looking to make large trees.

When I transfer them to my flower room
2. what size flower pots should I go with. Say I want more than 1lb per plant consistently and upwards of 2 (is this possible???)

3. I am currently 70/30 coco perlite, I will probably change next grow, but currently my res is at 600ppms I have been watering once a day for 2 minutes, gives out 1.5 litters per plant per day. Should I up this amount of watering?

Thank you for the help!!!

M

mrdizzle

Thank you for your response to my lighting tree questions...

what I am looking to do is veg for about 6-8 weeks
1. Wondering what size pots I should veg in??? I am looking to make large trees.

When I transfer them to my flower room
2. what size flower pots should I go with. Say I want more than 1lb per plant consistently and upwards of 2 (is this possible???)

3. I am currently 70/30 coco perlite, I will probably change next grow, but currently my res is at 600ppms I have been watering once a day for 2 minutes, gives out 1.5 litters per plant per day. Should I up this amount of watering?

Thank you for the help!!!

I personally like 5gal grow bags for my veg, they are easy to remove for tranplanting into flower. I would also consider a 20gal brute trashcan for my flower container, for 2lbers that would be ideal. veg in the 5gal bags for 6weeks until nice and rooted, then tranplant into the 20gals 2weeks beofre bring into the flower room. that way once you bring the plantinto the flower room they will not experience any transplant shock per se and really explode

sounds like you are watering the right amount, coco tends to like it constantly moist vs wet to dry.

M

mrdizzle

Great, thank you for those excellent points. Super baked right now. I'd imagine a mostly perlite smart pot would need a lot of waste water during mid-flower for a frequent drip setup ?

What I'm really after is what is the highest yielding, best way to grow with perlite/coco ?

I bet that 3-10 gal smart-pot perlite/coco plant (70/30 ish) on a blumat would do real nice 2. I wonder if those work with perlite and chunky perlite ?

I too seek to avoid many pumps and timers, unnecessary risks.

Would probably need a drip ring emitter for the blumat in perlite huh ? I remember you saying something about the perlite not wicking like coco or soil ?

I would say so, it will create a nice spread for the water, you dont want any dry spots

U

UnitedWeStand

thanks Sir Dizzle !

Question: With a mostly perlite/coco mix, would one run into problems with using coco specific nutes ? Should one use regular nutes entirely if the mix is more perlite than coco since perlite is inert ?

Fo shizzle. Seen too many MPB grows fall victim to root rot, i like this Keep it Simple style of yours. I wonder if the yield is comparable ?

aleYarok

aleYarok

does coco not needs as big a pot as soil does??? my soil 5 gallons get root bounded really quickly... my plants could use the upgrade right now but i simply dont have the space to put in bigger pots for them.

M

mrdizzle

thanks Sir Dizzle !

Question: With a mostly perlite/coco mix, would one run into problems with using coco specific nutes ? Should one use regular nutes entirely if the mix is more perlite than coco since perlite is inert ?

Fo shizzle. Seen too many MPB grows fall victim to root rot, i like this Keep it Simple style of yours. I wonder if the yield is comparable ?

I wouldnt worry about coco specific nutes, trees need extra cal anyways so have at

my yeild was actually better, I did have 12 plant vs 6 but I didnt have to worry, plus my electric bill went down about 1200kwh a month by not running the mpb.

does coco not needs as big a pot as soil does??? my soil 5 gallons get root bounded really quickly... my plants could use the upgrade right now but i simply dont have the space to put in bigger pots for them.

I dont think it does, 5gal is only good for a 1/4 to maybe a 1/2lbers. my 5gal grow bags are rock soild packed with roots before I transplant into bigger containers

T

tommytwotone

Question on vegging...

What about 2 gallon pots for veg in 4x8 tables for veg?

Could I get them big enough for flower?

Next question
on an average yielding strain like say Sour Diesel or Widow or NL what size should I let it veg too if trying to consistently hit 1lb+ per?

C

Comercial

no doubt, I can not deny that plants grow faster and hard in a UC/MPB than any other style of growing that I have seen, but all that goes out the window if you harvest nothing, or stress yourself the fuck out for 2months checking your roots 12times a day. at least you'll learn how to become a ganja whisperer

Could not have said it better. I feel more relaxed just going into this run.
Just mixed up my 80/20 perlite coco in 30 gal smart pots. And will probably have them vs. the Hempy's in the flip room.

Comercial

420Gator

420Gator

great job dizzle

i know u said u came up short but lots of ppl would love to have some trees like that, i know i would

sry if u already answered this question but what % coco to perlite would u think best for once a day hand watering?

i know ur thoughts on whats best for yield but i like handwatering, pure coco is slower than ffof and i hate waiting so long between waterings.

any thoughts u have appreciated, i know u slowly worked the perlite up grow after grow so u gotta be the man to ask. thanks for sharing with us

Top Bottom