Dizzle's booty clappin on ya grave

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@420Gator

Not sure what dizzle is gonna say about it, but I have been using Roots Organics Coco Coir for a little over a year now and I did daily hand watering with it for a while. I now have it automated with drip emitters but I will be switching that up for my next run. I sent Roots Organics an email the other day and they told me they use a 60/40 coco to perlite. I think for my next run I will probably try to make my own blend and try it the other way around....60/40 perlite to coco. Also going to run a drain to waste similar to how dizzle is set up here, in 27 gallon totes with 2 plants in each tote.

E

easypleasie

Hey dizzle, did you notice a correlation with tree size and finish times? It seems the bigger ones take a little longer to finish. I recall JK saying something like that before but I didn't really notice it till recently when my c99 needed an extra week to finish. Congrats on another good pull, bro.

B

bong bandit

i'd like to know if dizzle has compared his ratio of coco to perlite to a run with a much larger amount of coco in the mix. i assume the perlite is only to air up the mix, or 'fill in the void', coco can be expensive if it's bought bagged. does watering more often really lead to a faster growth and larger yields, or just create a dangerous situation for the plants if you are tied up and can't water till the following day - assuming it's not automated.

i'll find out anyways with my own trials, but if you know dizzle fill me in.

B

bluemoonrocks

yo dizzle this is a sweet setup and thats a amazing yeild keep up the great work brosef

M

mrdizzle

Could not have said it better. I feel more relaxed just going into this run.
Just mixed up my 80/20 perlite coco in 30 gal smart pots. And will probably have them vs. the Hempy's in the flip room.

Comercial

nice I would like to hear how that turns out

great job dizzle

i know u said u came up short but lots of ppl would love to have some trees like that, i know i would

sry if u already answered this question but what % coco to perlite would u think best for once a day hand watering?

i know ur thoughts on whats best for yield but i like handwatering, pure coco is slower than ffof and i hate waiting so long between waterings.

any thoughts u have appreciated, i know u slowly worked the perlite up grow after grow so u gotta be the man to ask. thanks for sharing with us

if your really trying to water daily then the 75%perlite to coco will give you that, it really holds a lot more water than you imagen from the sound of the mix. mainly depends on the size of your plants and the size of the containers, a 1/4lb plant in a 5gal will need water everyday

Hey dizzle, did you notice a correlation with tree size and finish times? It seems the bigger ones take a little longer to finish. I recall JK saying something like that before but I didn't really notice it till recently when my c99 needed an extra week to finish. Congrats on another good pull, bro.

Thanks brother. I havent noticed a huge difference but I cut the lights for 36hrs at flip, and I also started doing a new tech which is cutting the lights for 72hrs at harvest. resin is thru the room, night and day difference for me, I still have some of my last runs to compare and its the real deal

i'd like to know if dizzle has compared his ratio of coco to perlite to a run with a much larger amount of coco in the mix. i assume the perlite is only to air up the mix, or 'fill in the void', coco can be expensive if it's bought bagged. does watering more often really lead to a faster growth and larger yields, or just create a dangerous situation for the plants if you are tied up and can't water till the following day - assuming it's not automated.

i'll find out anyways with my own trials, but if you know dizzle fill me in.

coco is 4x the price of coco. IMO water more, so long as the medium does not get water logged, will out produce any hand watered garden out there. perlite makes the medium much less dense, which means roots have less to push and fight thru to grow, at the same time it allows more air to be pulled into the medium as well as allowing great run off. I love the stuff, but Its def not worth it if you have to hand water everyday, an automated system is a must IMO, just takes a timer and a pump

yo dizzle this is a sweet setup and thats a amazing yeild keep up the great work brosef

thank you sir

M

mrdizzle

better late than never. happy will the run, wish I cleaned them up better, it really does hurt yeild. plucking leaves is a must IMO, try a side by side in the same grow and see how it goes

S

SofaKingHigh

Wow dude, that ended up looking amazing. Good luck on the next one as well.

420blazinjames

plucking leaves

Dizzle great on updates and consistency of communication, good man! I ran a masters on my last run, they stretched pretty well, even though I topped them like 5 times. Plucking is a must! but you gotta be strategic in the ones you pluck. I only pluck fan leaves, when I see that the stem is dominant and no longer using the water leaf because there is already another on next to the node. Its kind of hard to understand without a picture sorry..... I'm currently doing another bubba (70 percent coco/30 percent perlite, Smart Pots), but gonna make the switch to OG on the next one! I'm ready for it! Why is it not recommend in this system, any advice? different trellis systems? etc....

Thanks in advance Dizzle

M

mrdizzle

Dizzle great on updates and consistency of communication, good man! I ran a masters on my last run, they stretched pretty well, even though I topped them like 5 times. Plucking is a must! but you gotta be strategic in the ones you pluck. I only pluck fan leaves, when I see that the stem is dominant and no longer using the water leaf because there is already another on next to the node. Its kind of hard to understand without a picture sorry..... I'm currently doing another bubba (70 percent coco/30 percent perlite, Smart Pots), but gonna make the switch to OG on the next one! I'm ready for it! Why is it not recommend in this system, any advice? different trellis systems? etc....

Thanks in advance Dizzle

I think OG would do well, so long as you veg with plenty of light, get them real bushy before transplanting, side lighting produces a plant thats alot different than overhead lite plants

T

tommytwotone

hey dizzle.

to fully utilize a drain to waste do I have to drain the water away to a drain or can the water come out of a catch pan and get wicked back up into the coco?

If it can be wicked does it still allow for the flushing of salts each water???

M

mrdizzle

I know people that do that, its not the preferred method but so long as you keep your ppms going in around 800-900 with a watering of a low ppm like 200 every 3rd watering

T

tommytwotone

fair enough...

I have no real need to do it that way, I am having fairly good success with watering till run off and wasting the water

M

mrdizzle

instead of the overflow buckets I just linked all the drains together with 1/2in tubing, and now water 4times a day for 1min, minimal runoff from this and the plants are loving the more frequent waterings.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

instead of the overflow buckets I just linked all the drains together with 1/2in tubing, and now water 4times a day for 1min, minimal runoff from this and the plants are loving the more frequent waterings.

isn't this MORE water than they were receiving previously? it sounds like your earlier issue wasn't water stress...and with the more thorough flushing you're correcting a mineral buildup or pH problem. i'd still be concerned that you're accumulating salts in the bottom 1/3 of the pot. i wonder if 3 waterings at 1'20" would help things (same water, more runoff and better flushing). my .02

M

mrdizzle

Plucking away on the og's here.

go in /come out with a hand full of leaves

will be interesting to see og yield vs the Chemdog D with 4@1k's on it

the ghost og is wild fuel /lemon/dank gunpowder smell with potency

fuck man I was just in my buddies room and hes growing the Chemdog #4, fucking retarded big kolas I could see pulling more that 2 with that cut, pluck the leafs and let in the light, larf is for girls

isn't this MORE water than they were receiving previously? it sounds like your earlier issue wasn't water stress...and with the more thorough flushing you're correcting a mineral buildup or pH problem. i'd still be concerned that you're accumulating salts in the bottom 1/3 of the pot. i wonder if 3 waterings at 1'20" would help things (same water, more runoff and better flushing). my .02

it works out to about the same amount of water, mayber a little bit more, but the key is nothing dries out, if nothing dries out then salts do not really concentrate. hand watering or allowing the medium to dry at all allows salts to build up, either way you have to read your plants and check the run off from time to time

budfriend

budfriend

Hey drizzle love your threads. I'm growing trees in perilite like you with a tad of coco at the bottom and a little in the middle of the bucket.

I noticed you said your taking away the coco and adding more perilite? I have been thinking of adding more because of your grows but know you got me confused because i just read your taking the coco away. Whats your thoughts?

I start of watering 15 min every 3 hours and end at 15 on 15 off. That is actually the new method. I can run the drip non-stop if i choose. Plants seem to like more water then less. My thinkin is the more dripping the more oxygen the roots get?

I remember reading a heath ledger thread and he said the higher the water volume coming out of the drippers the better his plants seemed to like it.

what do you guys think.

Also i got a 5 gallon in a 5 gallon bucket and there always seems to be water past the bucket the plants in. The plants seem not to mind.

I have thought about going to 10 gallons but wonder if it matters that much. I am doing 9 plants and 4 lights bare bulb. Anyone done a side by side??

L

Lost

Bud - I'll take a stab at it. Perlite is great because of the amount of air. The only reason coco is used is to keep things moist. The more you water, the less coco you need :)

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
i am using about 90% perlite with about 10% promix..the girls love just straight perlite,but as stated you need more frequent waterings..before they were transplanted they were in straight promix,so the initial rootball stays moist longer..and they blow up into the 90/10mix with the 10% promix allowing some time between waterings as i hand feed

M

mrdizzle

Hey drizzle love your threads. I'm growing trees in perilite like you with a tad of coco at the bottom and a little in the middle of the bucket.

I noticed you said your taking away the coco and adding more perilite? I have been thinking of adding more because of your grows but know you got me confused because i just read your taking the coco away. Whats your thoughts?

I start of watering 15 min every 3 hours and end at 15 on 15 off. That is actually the new method. I can run the drip non-stop if i choose. Plants seem to like more water then less. My thinkin is the more dripping the more oxygen the roots get?

I remember reading a heath ledger thread and he said the higher the water volume coming out of the drippers the better his plants seemed to like it.

what do you guys think.

Also i got a 5 gallon in a 5 gallon bucket and there always seems to be water past the bucket the plants in. The plants seem not to mind.

I have thought about going to 10 gallons but wonder if it matters that much. I am doing 9 plants and 4 lights bare bulb. Anyone done a side by side??

the wetter the medium, the less DO in the medium, so the more perlite you give it the less water it hold but the DO goes up. my future runs will most likely be 2large bags of big perlite to 1bag of canna coco, its like 8:1 perlite to coco

Bud - I'll take a stab at it. Perlite is great because of the amount of air. The only reason coco is used is to keep things moist. The more you water, the less coco you need :)

lost knows whats up

I didn't know Heath Ledger grew dank :)
brokeback bong loads

i am using about 90% perlite with about 10% promix..the girls love just straight perlite,but as stated you need more frequent waterings..before they were transplanted they were in straight promix,so the initial rootball stays moist longer..and they blow up into the 90/10mix with the 10% promix allowing some time between waterings as i hand feed

good shit bro are you doing a grow log?

Top Bottom