Dj Short Blueberry - Without The Blueberry

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankalicious

Dankalicious

I am new to the forum and wish you all well. I am a breeder in Washington State, USA. I personally have the old sativa leaning Blueberry that put DJ on the map. She is the real deal. Blueberry muffins! Currently am out crossing her to our f-2 Cookies and Cream male. Our goal is to reintroduce his Blueberry in seed form. We plan on at least 3-4 back crossings to stabilize the strain. DJ's old school Blueberry is by far the finest Blue Berry on the planet and we hope to0 leapfrog on those genetics in our Blue Berry line. If you ever had the chance to burn a bowl of well grown Blue Berry you would be sold on the strain.

Would love to see photos! :D

guymandude

guymandude

flavors can change according to growing style and nutrients too. I've been finding that out in the past couple years. I need to start taking notes on it. Yup, I'm a stoner

Sgarmatha has a great daytime blueberry strain, BTW

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I am new to the forum and wish you all well. I am a breeder in Washington State, USA. I personally have the old sativa leaning Blueberry that put DJ on the map. She is the real deal. Blueberry muffins! Currently am out crossing her to our f-2 Cookies and Cream male. Our goal is to reintroduce his Blueberry in seed form. We plan on at least 3-4 back crossings to stabilize the strain. DJ's old school Blueberry is by far the finest Blue Berry on the planet and we hope to0 leapfrog on those genetics in our Blue Berry line. If you ever had the chance to burn a bowl of well grown Blue Berry you would be sold on the strain.
This I want to see! The last and only real blueberry I have gotten was in Seattle circa 01. It was unbelievable but the buds looked indica and not sativa, that happens though. I sure hope this is the same cut, it tasted like blueberries all the way through the end of the joint. It was great.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Pics anyone on the BB's....I believe the BB's dj is putting out these days are f-4 f-5ish....I ran a pack last year with no luck of getting that blueberry aroma that I once knew back in the day....i kept the best around and run it on occasion....picked up a cut of the Flo from DJ's camp @ the EC last year....

K

Kornwood

Hey dankalicious I've been trying to get ahold of you why was I blocked on your page you need to see your purple dreamberry
Send me a message and at least let me know

IMG 20161024 162059
guymandude

guymandude

the most blueberry smoke i ever had was 2 strains - first was Blue Widow, clone only by a friend of mine. Had to starve the girl in order to get the flavor and decent nugs. But she tasted like fresh baked blueberry muffins.

The other was a cross i made with Sagarmatha's Blueberry I crossed to a lime phenotype C99 from Outlaw. Tasted like fresh berries dipped in lime juiice. so delicious

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

@Kornwood sorry to hear. There are a couple ladies that manage that, they have authority to block whoever for whatever reason. Let's not bring that to this forum out of respect for the admins and mods plz.

@MIKEZILLA I feel like those packs are $100 lottery tickets right now lol...

As far as flavors & phenotypes, I believe it's possible that the terp profile that creates the blueberry flavor can be expressed in many different phenotypes both tall skinny leaf varietes and shorter Afghani broad leaf varieties. So its very possible that there are many aged cuts floating around earth of different shapes and sizes that carry this flavor, before something happened that made it disappear. My intuition tells me it was done on purpose, to prevent market flooding. Remember ladies and gentlemen, the value of genetics holds two factors. Desire and Rarity. Aka supply & demand. High demand & no supply = <$$$

guymandude

guymandude

i feel that the flavor and terp profile of a plant will be different for different growers, nutrients and techniques along with different geographical locations. Keep that in mind when growing out a specific strain looking for specific flavors, etc.

for my friends in Florida, the Hippy Slayer stinks like an unbathed dread-locked wookie. for me, she had a fruity funk to her. Still great smoke, but here in the midwest and the changed from crappy Scotts nutes (GH) to AN made a huge difference. Mine yielded much much better, but, like i said, the terp profile was very different.

windshear13

windshear13

I have been told that the man currently presenting himself as DJ Short is not the original DJ Short who is responsible for creating Blueberry, Flo, Blue Moonshine, and more. I have also been told the original Blueberry was not named for its terpene profile, and one shouldn't expect the smell or flavor of Blueberry from the plant.

Has anyone heard a similar story?

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

I have been told that the man currently presenting himself as DJ Short is not the original DJ Short who is responsible for creating Blueberry, Flo, Blue Moonshine, and more. I have also been told the original Blueberry was not named for its terpene profile, and one shouldn't expect the smell or flavor of Blueberry from the plant.

Has anyone heard a similar story?
I believe that to be an old story...and not true

P

Pimples

I think there is a misconception of the new generation of growers who think subcool or dj short had massive facilities or something. Fact is they were stoners banging out of few plants in extra space in their house or trailer guessing and experimenting just like most new growers do now. But the lure caught on and now it's famous. That's how it use to be. Guys doing production style facility's didn't fuck around with breeding they found a cut and blew out a self storage business that was a front for a hidden warehouse or idk a lot of other crazy shit went on. That's what's up.
THIS^^^^^!!!!!!! Good post and so very very spot on!!!

P

Pimples

An old associate of mine had picked up a clone from a buddy in Flint (where DJ is from) of what he was told was "DJ Short Blueberry". The guy was a complete moron, didn't measure his nutrients just poured them into a bucket, missed watering days and didn't care, etc. The plant he had was under some of the worst stress I had ever seen. However it had a massive giant top cola that smelled like blueberry syrup. Literally the textbook aroma. Didn't have any purple even under all that stress and lockout. Needless to say he killed off the strain before I could get a cut. Should've chopped all his larf and taken it home right then and there. Still kicking myself for missing that opportunity. Can't track down his source either because they guy stopped growing it to run Querkle instead. Assuming it's still floating around Flint hopefully somewhere. Don't know if it's DJ's genetics or someone elses, but it had the real blueberry terps for sure. Under some of the worst grow conditions I have ever seen.
Dj Short is from Flint Michigan?? Wtf? I did not know this man. Wow. My home town. Ive gorwn Blue berry cuts several times from several growers around here through the years. Nothing really special. I think real deal blue berry is hard to get. The banging cuts from 20 years ago I used to dream about.

P

Pimples

I'm on a mission. It's floating around Flint Michigan. Hopefully without lead poisoning. I will do my best this summer to hit the clubs and track down whoever has the monster cola pheno I saw in Pontiac in 2012. Reeked like blueberry pie. I should have just ripped his larf off and shoved it in a grocery bag in my pocket. Still upset to this day. I heard through the grapevine the original source bred a querkle male to it and then stopped growing it because he liked the daughter better. So the hunt continues.
You and me both.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics

This is his introduction and another forum recently....this is MY response.:

I very very rarely do this....but its time to call you out Fancy Weed.
When you got my bluberry clone, you promised me you wouldnt breed with her since I was working this project and line extensively....
Now I see you did a single outcross and hit the F1 back to momm and call it a legit BX....
Thats bullshit pollen chucking...

I took almost 10 years of my grow life working this line into a Berrywhite and Berrywhite down to F4 before I even backcrossed Berrywhite to make my male to back cross to momma blueberry.
Thats 6-7 years of work....before I even made the first BX.

You take my BlueBerry that I didnt have to let you have and promise me you wouldnt breed her....and you go and fuck me with that promise....

You wonder why Kaya and Exotic never return your calls or contacts?

Look at your line up....its simple pollen chucking using the work of people that put in the time and genetic skills.....not just chucking and posting pretty pics.

I cant believe people sometimes...I told you all this to you directly on the phone when you were begging me for the Hog clone again....

Your word is all you have in this industry.......how good is yours and the karma you bring?

Top Bottom