Dj Short Blueberry - Without The Blueberry

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If you think blueberry isn't supposed to smell and taste like blueberry then you haven't had the real deal. Real blueberry is what was around in the late 90's. It absolutely did have lip smacking blueberry terped phenos which is why I and many others fell in love with it. What is offered now is something completely different. I've run and sampled enough seeds from it to know what I'm looking for is simply not in there.

Even DJ has seen and heard the feedback and went back to work. New lines in testing and claims of those blueberry flavors everyone and their mom has been looking for. I'm lucky enough to be one of those testers and if it's in there believe me I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

Until and if that happens... unless you can find an old clone or f2's of the original stock, Lemonhoko's bb line is THE closest thing you're gonna find to the real deal. I've run the bx1, tested the bx2 and even smoked a sample off his mom and I don't think you'll find a better blueberry in seed form currently. The bx1 line was good, the bx2 line I tested was phenomenal but won't be released. I think I read he's testing a bx3 currently. If you want some blueberry with the right flava keep your eyes open for that release. You can thank me later.
I’m withbyounone this one. Late 90’s early 2000 we had a cut exactly like your description.
The cut we had was a medium producer with smaller kushy like buds that was just blueberry muffins for days. Just fantastic. Such a bummer to lose it.
2C9BB33F 2CF1 422C A369 6FD649931A74
i found this to be pretty good, it’s not B.B. muffins but shows me there is hope.
DF634EB2 FB17 45C2 8824 9D6F2256F222
A guy from Cali had these stashed away for a bit and hooked me up, I hope to find something that resembles or close to what I remember.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

If you think blueberry isn't supposed to smell and taste like blueberry then you haven't had the real deal. Real blueberry is what was around in the late 90's. It absolutely did have lip smacking blueberry terped phenos which is why I and many others fell in love with it. What is offered now is something completely different. I've run and sampled enough seeds from it to know what I'm looking for is simply not in there.

Even DJ has seen and heard the feedback and went back to work. New lines in testing and claims of those blueberry flavors everyone and their mom has been looking for. I'm lucky enough to be one of those testers and if it's in there believe me I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

Until and if that happens... unless you can find an old clone or f2's of the original stock, Lemonhoko's bb line is THE closest thing you're gonna find to the real deal. I've run the bx1, tested the bx2 and even smoked a sample off his mom and I don't think you'll find a better blueberry in seed form currently. The bx1 line was good, the bx2 line I tested was phenomenal but won't be released. I think I read he's testing a bx3 currently. If you want some blueberry with the right flava keep your eyes open for that release. You can thank me later.

According to my testers.. This cross was very BB tasting.. Though I think the taste leaned toward the durban fruityness.. Not sure why my durban is.. fruity.. but..

Lemonhoko is not offering me seeds in order to verify if his blueberry fits my taste.. So.. What good does it do to tell me its the best.. you tried it I take it? So... Go on?

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
I wasn't even replying to you I was making a general statement for anyone on the hunt to see. I've grown a bunch of different blueberry versions from different companies and 2 of them clearly stood out... Only one of which is currently available or will be in the near future and that's Lem's. Most people are willing to buy seeds. If you're waiting for Lem to just give you some to see if it's what you want, I think you'll be waiting a long while.

If you read my post again more closely you'll see that yes I have tried it and I explained why I recommend it. It's a blueberry line that actually have blueberry terps. Not sure what you want me to go on about.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I wasn't even replying to you I was making a general statement for anyone on the hunt to see. I've grown a bunch of different blueberry versions from different companies and 2 of them clearly stood out... Only one of which is currently available or will be in the near future and that's Lem's. Most people are willing to buy seeds. If you're waiting for Lem to just give you some to see if it's what you want, I think you'll be waiting a long while.

If you read my post again more closely you'll see that yes I have tried it and I explained why I recommend it. It's a blueberry line that actually have blueberry terps. Not sure what you want me to go on about.

Thats cause Im an idiot and Im on the wrong thread.. thought you were thread jacking my soon to be dead thread. No one is interested in joe smoes pollen chuck with "Not legit Blueberry"..Clearly I got to high for once..

So.. Ill shove off. Apologies..

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
lolol ahh ok... now your post makes more sense!

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m withbyounone this one. Late 90’s early 2000 we had a cut exactly like your description.
The cut we had was a medium producer with smaller kushy like buds that was just blueberry muffins for days. Just fantastic. Such a bummer to lose it.View attachment 819195i found this to be pretty good, it’s not B.B. muffins but shows me there is hope.
View attachment 819196 A guy from Cali had these stashed away for a bit and hooked me up, I hope to find something that resembles or close to what I remember.

Blue Lotus had some nice plants. Mine were a bit lacking on the nose but with some digging I always thought there might be something good in there. I heard GreenDotDave found some nice specimens. I lost the f2's I made but still have some pollen in the freezer. The plan is and always was to find a pure blueberry with the right profile and hit her up with some blue lotus pollen for the spectacular resin coverage the lotus side brings.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

We got some nice DJ Short BB out here
Taste like a Blueberry muffin
Been around here for years

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

This is his introduction and another forum recently....this is MY response.:

I very very rarely do this....but its time to call you out Fancy Weed.
When you got my bluberry clone, you promised me you wouldnt breed with her since I was working this project and line extensively....
Now I see you did a single outcross and hit the F1 back to momm and call it a legit BX....
Thats bullshit pollen chucking...

I took almost 10 years of my grow life working this line into a Berrywhite and Berrywhite down to F4 before I even backcrossed Berrywhite to make my male to back cross to momma blueberry.
Thats 6-7 years of work....before I even made the first BX.

You take my BlueBerry that I didnt have to let you have and promise me you wouldnt breed her....and you go and fuck me with that promise....

You wonder why Kaya and Exotic never return your calls or contacts?

Look at your line up....its simple pollen chucking using the work of people that put in the time and genetic skills.....not just chucking and posting pretty pics.

I cant believe people sometimes...I told you all this to you directly on the phone when you were begging me for the Hog clone again....

Your word is all you have in this industry.......how good is yours and the karma you bring?
People are scumbags

Why I don't give the best ladies out anymore
Too many assholes out there looking to capitalize off someone else's work
If you were given permission to breed it kool , but if not actually be fucking grateful
People aggravate me a lot when they do shit like that cause it makes it harder for the guys like me that actually enjoy breeding and doing the work to get the genetics they are seeking

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

People are scumbags

Why I don't give the best ladies out anymore
Too many assholes out there looking to capitalize off someone else's work
If you were given permission to breed it kool , but if not actually be fucking grateful
People aggravate me a lot when they do shit like that cause it makes it harder for the guys like me that actually enjoy breeding and doing the work to get the genetics they are seeking

Thats the game these days though.. Everyone is trying to capitalize on it..

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Thats the game these days though.. Everyone is trying to capitalize on it..
Hence the reason I WILL NEVER Let Certain strains out No Matter how much People Beg me for them
Especially The Skva91 cut , my greasy grapes , or the gelato cookies to name a few
People always beg me for em and I tell em Sorry Everytime

Gonna be the same way when they ask me for some of my v1 Aliendawg too

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

What happens if your house burns down? or your busted or you get shut down?
or infested with russets?
Then I start over and kill shit just like I'm doing right now mayne !
Legal as fuck so no worries with pigs mayne
And
NEVER PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET!
THATS LIKE ,
PLACING YOUR WHOLE DEFENSE ON ONE RATCHET !

But You never know what could happen

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Indeed, typically not a huge fan of purple strains as they can tend to be weaker on the potency side, but I have patients that love the terps of good purple crosses.

Mainemedz5

Mainemedz5

Indeed, typically not a huge fan of purple strains as they can tend to be weaker on the potency side, but I have patients that love the terps of good purple crosses.
The greasy ain't Purple At All But She comes from Purple genetics and is super Terpy !
Also A Huge Yielder and blanketed in resin giving it a greasy look hence the name !
Can't wait to get her back
Putting a Clone of her in front of Jbeezyz wedding cake then in front of a Sundae Driver
Probably gonna Hit Her with some male pollen from several males including Alien Rift & gonna call it Greasy Rift

Fortunately I just got off the phone with someone that wants to work with me here locally & theyre setting up a tissue culture lab so that should help down the road too as they have alot of nice stuff in their library

Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I heard you Maine growers have a real nice blueberry up there. Might be getting a cut of her, if this dude I was talking to comes thru. Indica pheno right? I've run a ton of blueberry ever since I had a taste like 7-8 yrs ago from this one particular batch. Never found another like it since. Sweetest syrup just coats your mouth.

Krippie94

Krippie94

I'm on a mission. It's floating around Flint Michigan. Hopefully without lead poisoning. I will do my best this summer to hit the clubs and track down whoever has the monster cola pheno I saw in Pontiac in 2012. Reeked like blueberry pie. I should have just ripped his larf off and shoved it in a grocery bag in my pocket. Still upset to this day. I heard through the grapevine the original source bred a querkle male to it and then stopped growing it because he liked the daughter better. So the hunt continues.
We got some BB s1's you can have...the mother was VERY berry terpy. hmu I spose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom