Do you think this will finish okay?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

can’t remember but did you have any other nutrients there?
Not really. I have some 18-18-21 tomato nutrient and that's about it.

if not i’d say stop using grow big and up the tiger bloom to 7 ml
That sounds good to me.

ok people but you see the condition these plants are in? you can’t be going anywhere near full strength, no point in having much nitrogen as this point as the leaves are cooked from the light, all systems have been slowed down but she has the fight for survival to finish those buds..
a 3-4-4 would be perfect for these plants till finish.. but..
if something is better than by all means help this person out as it’s medicine for them..
I'm certainly open to recommendations. I can't buy much of anything locally, but I could order from Amazon and maybe have it here in time for the next feeding. I'm considering changing nutrients for the next grow, but haven't got very far down that path yet. I know I need to get smarter about how to feed these plants.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Not really. I have some 18-18-21 tomato nutrient and that's about it.
you would have almost being giving them 3-4-4 on humus alone in supersoil😀
sustaining the microbial life in your soil which in turn compose and release nutrients back to your plant along mycorrhizal networks. 18-18-21 is bad for this stage.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I ordered some and it is supposed to be here Wednesday.
keep in mind your purchase is basically for your next cycle. the dry soil amendments take a little take to break down. unless that company has found a way around this,

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
For sure! I had already been looking at it and thinking about buying some.
i use it gaia also with liquid nutrients buts that for me, gaia green 4-4-4 and their power bloom 2-8-4 is pretty much all you need, and if any maybe an “organic liquid nutrient” like 1-1-3 for the last few weeks..
here’s a good guide to have around..
28E60F3F 2EE7 46BC 8296 9D9F3612F3B6

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

have you finished up ? what does the buds look like
Today is day 53 since the flip--the middle of the eighth week. They're not done yet. They seem to be doing well, especially considering the problems.

I have been thinking about what happened and how it happened. As I mentioned, I use wattage meters to set the light levels for the precision they provide. During vegetation, I had the wattage up to 140 watts per light. That was too high for the flowering stage. The lights are currently set to 60 watts each. Apparently, the flowering stage couldn't handle so much light.

So far, I have identified two mistakes I made. One was to calculate light levels based on the capacity of the light, not the tent. The lights are capable of 480 watts, while the tent is probably best at half that, or 240 watts. I should have calculated the wattage based on the lower value. The other mistake, I believe, was not to consider the overlap of the light cone of each light. I had thought two lights would provide better dispersion of the light. I suspect now that it was too much for the plants.

I have also thought that it may have been helpful not to defoliate extensively. My thinking is that the undamaged leaves kept the plant going after the loss of so much leave material due to light burn.

The next step is to consider nutrients. Harvest time is near. The plants are a day or two away from their next watering. So, I'm wondering if I should continue the same nutrient plan. Aside from the light problem, the soil was also poor. The trichomes are about 90% cloudy and a few are amber. That may be normal for this plant that is supposed to be mostly sativa.

Here are pictures of plant number one:

F53 P1   cropped   20230221 182315

F53 P1 Buds   cropped   20230221 182518

Here are pictures of plant number two:

F53 P2   cropped   20230221 182337

F53 P2 Buds   cropped   20230221 182427

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Today is day 53 since the flip--the middle of the eighth week. They're not done yet. They seem to be doing well, especially considering the problems.

I have been thinking about what happened and how it happened. As I mentioned, I use wattage meters to set the light levels for the precision they provide. During vegetation, I had the wattage up to 140 watts per light. That was too high for the flowering stage. The lights are currently set to 60 watts each. Apparently, the flowering stage couldn't handle so much light.

So far, I have identified two mistakes I made. One was to calculate light levels based on the capacity of the light, not the tent. The lights are capable of 480 watts, while the tent is probably best at half that, or 240 watts. I should have calculated the wattage based on the lower value. The other mistake, I believe, was not to consider the overlap of the light cone of each light. I had thought two lights would provide better dispersion of the light. I suspect now that it was too much for the plants.

I have also thought that it may have been helpful not to defoliate extensively. My thinking is that the undamaged leaves kept the plant going after the loss of so much leave material due to light burn.

The next step is to consider nutrients. Harvest time is near. The plants are a day or two away from their next watering. So, I'm wondering if I should continue the same nutrient plan. Aside from the light problem, the soil was also poor. The trichomes are about 90% cloudy and a few are amber. That may be normal for this plant that is supposed to be mostly sativa.

Here are pictures of plant number one:

View attachment 1333598

View attachment 1333600

Here are pictures of plant number two:

View attachment 1333601

View attachment 1333602
what are you feeding now? how much etc

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok.. 5 ml of clean kelp
3-4 ml tiger bloom
no more calmag..
i think this is good till finish?
if anything your last watering should only be 5 ml clean kelp when the time comes..

Latest posts

Top Bottom