Do you use both Grow and Bloom during flowering?

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

They say the plant will store enough nitrogen from the veg state to have enough nitrogen to finish its cycle. it still really depends on the strain your growing. every plant is different, you can't just read the label on the bottle and give them that dose all plants feed differently. for the nitrogen stored i believe the proper ph with release the nitrogen to the plants during flowering and maybe thats why hbstoners bubba starts to yellow. might be nutrient lockout or just the way that strain grows. every strain is different

G

greenblood

They say the plant will store enough nitrogen from the veg state to have enough nitrogen to finish its cycle. it still really depends on the strain your growing. every plant is different, you can't just read the label on the bottle and give them that dose all plants feed differently. for the nitrogen stored i believe the proper ph with release the nitrogen to the plants during flowering and maybe thats why hbstoners bubba starts to yellow. might be nutrient lockout or just the way that strain grows. every strain is different

not lockout, just a lack of N. All plants use N during flowering. Cannabis growers are the only growers that I can find that voluntarily cut N during flowering... Maybe that is telling us something.

H

HannaMan

By cut you do mean remove, rather then reduce, correct?

Reducing nitrogen is mandatory to get quality finished flowers...so thats why I ask.

G

greenblood

Hannaman, some cut the N entirely after the 3rd, 4th, 5th week of 12/12.

paulycali, according to fatman7574, tissue sampling specifically on Cannabis done post harvest, shows otherwise regarding Nitrogen usage. The same tests have been conducted on other plants and we find similar ratios. 3-1-2 3-1-3 3-1-4 (n-p-k)

Current grow I am feeding at right around 3-1-4-3 (N-P-K-Ca) all the way through from start to finish. Two weeks into bloom and buds are forming nicely.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hannaman, some cut the N entirely after the 3rd, 4th, 5th week of 12/12.

paulycali, according to fatman7574, tissue sampling specifically on Cannabis done post harvest, shows otherwise regarding Nitrogen usage. The same tests have been conducted on other plants and we find similar ratios. 3-1-2 3-1-3 3-1-4 (n-p-k)

Current grow I am feeding at right around 3-1-4-3 (N-P-K-Ca) all the way through from start to finish. Two weeks into bloom and buds are forming nicely.

Current grow I am feeding at right around 3-1-4-3 (N-P-K-Ca) all the way through from start to finish

If you fed that to some of my sats you would definitely have a different experience once you harvest it then me. I like to run a 1:3 N:K with my sats in flower. My girls would show harm around week 8 with that formula. I guess that's why I like to grow it is always different. suerte JK

G

greenblood

Hi JK,

it's def. going to be another learning experience. I am running two varieties right now, one is Sat. dominant and the other Ind. dominant. Two weeks into 12/12 for most.

edit: for what it's worth, I never let the EC rise over 1.4... (it's a drain to waste grow)

J

Jalisco Kid

700 ppm seems low for a indica. You might want to consider hand feed and/or floral spray that indi to help her out. JK

G

greenblood

700 ppm seems low for a indica. You might want to consider hand feed and/or floral spray that indi to help her out. JK

It's actually the first time I'm growing an Ind. dominant in a drain to waste grow so I've been erring on the side of caution, keeping the EC on the lower side, but will keep a keen eye out on the need for more. Thanks JK.

H

Hlg09

What do you guys think about 1.1.1 ratio the entire flowering cycle. I have been using the an 3 part and it suggests to use this ratio the entire time?

G

greenblood

FWIW, Erik Biksa wrote in Maximum Yield mag. about testing done on GH, not AN, but GH 3 part and that the best results were seen from the 1:1:1 ratio from start to finish.

S

SYDAM23

Im in week 3 of flowering my bud is coming along v nicely but the leaves are starting to yellow and im not sure if this is normal or not....any help?

S

SYDAM23

not to sure how to post pic either....sorry first time but ud be impressed with the picture if i could post them

H

Hlg09

I used the 1.1.1 ratio my first hydro grow, then i used 1.2.3 on my second grow and the difference i noticed was that i got larger plants when using the 1.1.1 ratio which in turn yielded more. Bein that the excess nitrogen im supposin delayed flowering for a week almost two weeks longer than the 1.2.3 ratio did. For example i flowered them at one week of veg 1.1.1 and they still ended up bein big plants when i flowered them at 1 week goin from 3.2.1 to 1.2.3 they were a lot smaller with the same strain and the same amount of veg time

H

Hlg09

It gives you the insert image option from the quick reply toolbar. You just need them images on your computer.

G

greenblood

I used the 1.1.1 ratio my first hydro grow, then i used 1.2.3 on my second grow and the difference i noticed was that i got larger plants when using the 1.1.1 ratio which in turn yielded more. Bein that the excess nitrogen im supposin delayed flowering for a week almost two weeks longer than the 1.2.3 ratio did. For example i flowered them at one week of veg 1.1.1 and they still ended up bein big plants when i flowered them at 1 week goin from 3.2.1 to 1.2.3 they were a lot smaller with the same strain and the same amount of veg time

This is what the GH 1:1:1 ratio looks like in terms of N - P - K Mg - S - Ca: 111 - 39 - 136 - 30 - 15 - 81

What most people would call a "grow" profile if not for the higher K.

I just finished off a bottle of FNG, two weeks into bloom and switched to Peters Professional Hydro-Sol (5-11-26) + Calcium Nitrate. The mixed ratios are similar to the GH 1:1:1, but with more Ca, Mg and S.

Top Bottom