Do you use both Grow and Bloom during flowering?

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
Imo light intensity has alot to do with the plants nitrogen needs. Indoor grown plants that are closer to your lights will yellow or deplete thier nitrogen stores alot quicker than plants that are further away. I continue feeding with a bit of added nitrogen into flowering with that in mind.

H

Hlg09

What strains you growin there bro that sativa lookin one in the third pic seems to have the claw pretty bad

S

SYDAM23

strawberry cough that one is the others r blueberry only have 3.....1sc and 2 blueberrys....what do u think the claw thing is? lack of water? if u want more photos say and ill take later b4 i turn lights off

supercharged

supercharged

how often u waterin them bro? i had that same claw problem and it turned out to be overwaterin, hope this helps

S

SYDAM23

i water them everyday or two....thank you for ur advice i will slow down on the watering and see if any change. tell me on tuesday it week 4 of flowering should i start my flush on week 6 or 7 cause im harvesting at week 9?

S

SYDAM23

sorry whats ppm? yesterday i add a small small amount of npk and the leaves today havent turned as yellow as i have seen them b4. Today is the 28th day of flowering and tonight for sure i will upload some photos....the problem is when i see them i just end up looking at them and on a day to day basis i cant notice much due to this.

H

Hlg09

ppm or ec is parts per million it tells you how concentrated the nutrients are in your solution. ec is electrical conductivity i do believe.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

some of the most talked about lines like House and Garden have a 2 part base where the majority of the nutes come from and they are a 1 to 1 mix the entire life cycle. that should put in perspective what the manufactures think about N during flowering. now the additives increase the P and K but it's still getting the same amount of N ratio in the base the whole time.

there are a million people on here who have grow much more then me and much more successful but sometimes logic prevails no one could tell me N during flower is a bad thing when there are so many 2 part base nutes on the market being used successfully!

S

SYDAM23

cool thanks man. i will post pics tonight had a problem with camera last night so will upload tonight

S

SYDAM23

let me know what u think guys...i know they dont look like the best but its my first time so....any input pls say thanks farmers

G

greenblood

big bud 0-2-4 once a week 4ml per litre and regular water when it needs

You are not feeding any nitrogen and it's mobile within the plant so what you're seeing is the result of the N being drawn from the older leaves to fuel the newer growth.

S

SYDAM23

thanks man so is this ok or should i be adding nitrogen during the flowering?

S

SYDAM23

ive decided to add some epsom salt to the yellow leaves to see if this will help....i will post pic tomorrow if there is any change or if its made it worse....i know im at week 5 but i just think i need to harvest casue the leaves are turning more yellow.....will this effect the bud and final smoke?

S

SYDAM23

cool ive order some overdrive with 1-3-4 instead of my big bud 0-2-4 which now ill only use at a week 4-5 of flowering cheers again

F

farmerjohn

For the less informed or chemically challenged growers among us, it would be to their benefit to grow a strain that is idiot proof. My 1st grow indoors was of Northern Lights, 15 years ago, after many years of outdoor growing. Although I must have made every mistake in the book, NL came through with flying colors, yielding great, smoking fine & delivering top buds in the 60g area wet.

There are many strains considered ez grow today & I still run them in bulk, top44 being one example, (it basically grows itself) as I tinker with more demanding varieties. Blueberry Kush & Blue Dynamite are the latest that are testing my mettle.

Just to reiterate, those that are new to indoor growing should seek out the strains that allow them to expand their knowledge base & still have the best chance to enjoy the bounty of a successful harvest. Here are a few choices I consider perfect for those of us still learning the ins & outs of advanced grows.

Northern Lights-Any variety & most crosses are super ez to grow. Great buzz too!
Top44-Grows itself if ya water & throw a few nutes its way. Commercial strain 4 sure.
Silver Pearl-A NL cross with skunk & early girl. I've tried to kill these & can't!
EazyRider-Any ruderalis cross seems to need little attention. Nearly set & 4get.

F

farmerjohn

Perhaps my last post was a tad off subject. Good advice I think, but the question here is Nitrogen in bloom phase. Personally, I use a bloom buster on most strains, which has N in it @ about 1/4 of the P level. I still get shade leaf drop usually beginning around week 4 & I cut out all nutes with 2 or 3 weeks left to go. This has served me well & definitely works like a charm on the strains I mentioned in the previous posting.

S

SYDAM23

thanks farmerjohn i will look into those seeds.....ill hold my hand up and say that i think ive tried to jump the gun on my first grow with strains that need a little bit more expierence....thanks again uve been great....ill keep u updated cheers man

Top Bottom