do your dehumidifier freeze too ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i always had problems with my rh being too high always it was too high with just passive intake vents in the winter time i use electric heaters to heat and those was dropping the humidity really low too low . this year i purchased the dehumidifier and a radiant electric heater that isnt supposed to remove moisture from the air

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Dude no reason to have that dehuey at 45. Change it to like 55 and let it have a break. They not meant to run months non stop it will be toast in no time.
i tried that when it stops the humidity in the tent goes up high
but i will do what u say and go back to 55

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i tried that when it stops the humidity in the tent goes up high
but i will do what u say and go back to 55
i will set it to 55 humididty in tent i bet gets 65 or higher and im in the first weeks of flower isnt humidity supposed to be low

Anthem

Anthem

i will set it to 55 humididty in tent i bet gets 65 or higher and im in the first weeks of flower isnt humidity supposed to be low
Nope this is not true. Only way this is going to happen is if you have the RH sensor down at the top of the pots (you better check) or you have a bad sensor in the first place.

Anthem

Anthem

You would be a good candidate for a grow journal so everyone can help you out. Because RH is high at the beginning of flower and is gradually lowered as the flowers get larger? Any idea why this would be?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Set the dehuey to 55... set the tent to 55 and if it's not then yes sensor placement or inadequate air exchange plain and simple

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You would be a good candidate for a grow journal so everyone can help you out. Because RH is high at the beginning of flower and is gradually lowered as the flowers get larger? Any idea why this would be?
Lower photosynthesis and pruning. Growing less leaves and more bud

Panhead59

Panhead59

I'm pretty sure I have the same dehumidifier as you. Is fan setting set to auto ? Reason i ask is fan should go on and off automatically. Definitely should not run all the time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm pretty sure I have the same dehumidifier as you. Is fan setting set to auto ? Reason i ask is fan should go on and off automatically. Definitely should not run all the time.
Think the fan runs all the time and compressor kicks on and off

Panhead59

Panhead59

I think freezeland2 is on the right track, but what do i know!!!!! I'd return unit for new one if it's still under warrenty.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so what should rh be in the beginning of flower i read rh should be 60 to 70 during veg and in the 50's during flower

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Compressor definitely. My fan runs a little longer than compressor, then shuts off. It still shouldn't freeze up.
when i had the rh set to 40 or 45 it would run for hours cut for 10 mins turn back on for hours i did what agua man said set the rh for 55 i can here it run a lil bit cut off then in a lil bit cut back on i might have been working it too hard but i really do not know

Superbuds

Superbuds

40 is to cold most say 80f for best efficiency and that's usually what temp they are tested at. This is so they look like they perform better because you have to remember the water content and relative humidity are not the same.

50+ should never be an issue
It will all depend on the size if the dehumidifier and the load. 67 degrees will make a dehumidifier freeze or atleast ice up where a sensor will trip. This happens at that temp when the unit is to small for the load and runs for long periods Without cutting off.

Superbuds

Superbuds

mine keep freezing up my room the tent and things are in has a window a/c it set to 67 and my tent will stay between 78 to 81 with lights on 67 to 74 with lights off. i do need the dehumidifier and the a/c . what can i do to stop the freezing up
Could be to small of a dehumidifier, low airflow due to dirty coils or maybe poor placement of the dehumidifier , something wrong with the dehumidifier.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Could be to small of a dehumidifier, low airflow due to dirty coils or maybe poor placement of the dehumidifier , something wrong with the dehumidifier.
They should never freeze. If it is under rated for the task it will just sit there and run without shutting off. But it should never freeze. There is something wrong if it is freezing. It could be poor air exchange across the coils or low refrigerant or a failing compressor.

Superbuds

Superbuds

They should never freeze. If it is under rated for the task it will just sit there and run without shutting off. But it should never freeze. There is something wrong if it is freezing. It could be poor air exchange across the coils or low refrigerant or a failing compressor.
A dehumidifier/ a/c that is slightly undersize will freeze from running to long depending on temperature and humidity in area of which it is in use. If it is running correctly and pulling humidity out and somewhat controlling the humidity the coils will continue to get colder. An once the coil temperature get to a certain temperature it will start to freeze the condensation. It will just need to be put on a timer to cut it off for a few minutes every so often. I see it a lot on dehumidifiers in crawlspace's around here when we first install them. And once the humidity reaches the desired level and the dehumidifier just has to maintain it will not freeze anymore. Now I say freeze but its more like a good frost never turns in to a big block of ice.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
The coils get dirty fast exchanging all that moist air. Try taking out the screen filter and cleaning it first. If its freezing the Compressor is working. If it tiks and cracks after you turn it off its iced over. If you can't hear ice cracking its the Compressor.small appliances aren't worth the cost if freon.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well this is my reading after a night with the dehumidifier set at 55 rh , i also washed off the temp/rh probe with alcohol also put a brand new ac infinity carbon filter on the exhaust fan
the screenshot is weather . com at the same time pics were taken
Screenshot 2021 09 29 132855
20210929 132433
20210929 132442

Latest posts

Top Bottom