does anyone know way(s) to make the skunk smell /taste come out more with organic or synthetics

• Thread starter dirtyglovedank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Epsom salts foliar spray has been my secret. Organic nutrients, and make sure you have enough sulphur. Too much is a fungicide and will kill bennies (which is why I foliar), but you have to have enough for peak flavor.
The cure is very critical also. The slower the better, as a rule of thumb.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ive read through the thread and all i can ad is in MY personal experience my best flavor and tast is coming about a week earlyer then when i like to harvest and some plants even sooner then that...i wonder if anyone else experiences that??

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

One more thing i usually get the same aroma in my cure then i do with the living flower!!!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I had a blueberry that gave me the most enilightening awareness when picked early and smoked wet at 5 days and so flavorfull to the roach and had a skunk undertone that lingered in the palate for hours even with a just a couple tokes!!!

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Dont use Bontanicare Pure Blend what ever you do... It makes everything( strain) have the exact same after taste. Same with Advanced. Just my opinion.
I run pbp forever with amazing results. thought it was organic when I started but found out its not years later...advanced is another story tho I wouldn't run their whole line. always taste like soap / detergent for some reason idk just IME . I run conni and switch to pbp at week 3 or so

G

Gandalph62

Yeah I know its on the gene expression but I ran the Chemdog's Sister 5-6 times and the first time it really really stunk and tasted really skunky also and the next 4-5 times it was skunky but not the tear jerker fresh skunk spray that the first one did , so there has to be away to get the smell/ taste to be stronger , the same way your saying soil = flavor and hydro is not as smelly ,,what garlic pheno are you talking about ,,I've been looking for canna venture , garlic bx anything also ... Can't find any true road kill skunk any more either
View attachment 331952View attachment 331953

hey farmers just wondering if there is a product or tricks to get the skunk to come out of strains or even the purple taste in purple urkle also.. organic or synthetic ..
i did a plant of Chemdog's Sister the first time it was so onion garlic skunk smelling it hurt your nose and eyes . this was when i first started out so i didnt record or pay close attention to what i was using ,didnt even have a ph meter and i havent got it that way again and i lost Chemdog's Sister since then so if anyone has the real Chemdog's Sister or Chemdog #4 please hit me up ,
so will high ph or low ph do this . i would like hear what things we can do as farmers to bring the taste out in skunks or anything ,please share your experiences and i dont want this to turn into organics are better than synthetics argument ....both have their good points and bad ...
so to each their own ... thanks everyone and keep it green and stinky ...

also here is some pics of some veganic / organic tea dank

DGD
I had exact same prob and my cutting came from chem himself so I didn't want to lose any of it's smell, taste or buzz, so I tried feeding it Xtream's tea that you brew yourself 3 gallons at a time, gave no other nutes and I honestly had to buy new carbon filter

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

Dont use Bontanicare Pure Blend what ever you do... It makes everything( strain) have the exact same after taste. Same with Advanced. Just my opinion.
i had a buddy running advanced i dont know which one but it all smelled very similar but slightly different they wonder woman and cannalope haze looked the same also..

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

Ive read through the thread and all i can ad is in MY personal experience my best flavor and tast is coming about a week earlyer then when i like to harvest and some plants even sooner then that...i wonder if anyone else experiences that??
with certian strains yes if i let it go longer it actually loses the "stronger" smell but some gain a stronger smell if let go longer

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

Caveman, I do notice a difference in taste, dependent on when a strain is picked... I also believe this changes the type of high in a very big way
yeah i agree totally , i got the grape stomper if you pull it early like 48-55 days its so paranoia inducing its not even funny heart just pounding away , and at 65-75 or longer it will flatten you 1-2 puffs... its sleep almost instantly cant keep eyes open for 10-15 min after..

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

I had exact same prob and my cutting came from chem himself so I didn't want to lose any of it's smell, taste or buzz, so I tried feeding it Xtream's tea that you brew yourself 3 gallons at a time, gave no other nutes and I honestly had to buy new carbon filter

thank you so much thats the type of stuff im wanting to find out
gandalph
and also thanks to everyone else that has added to this topic
synthetic or organic i have seen both that have smelled great and have been done right with the curing, harvest, timing ect ect ..

T

TerpeneTom

Try using Terpinator to bring out your aromatics. I started using this product and I noticed a HUGE difference in all physical characteristics included smell, taste, crystal content, resin and its even organic. I also did a side by side with my OG and it was noticeably different. I called them and they told me I could use it all through veg and flower. It is kind of an investment but its worth a try.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Try using Terpinator to bring out your aromatics. I started using this product and I noticed a HUGE difference in all physical characteristics included smell, taste, crystal content, resin and its even organic. I also did a side by side with my OG and it was noticeably different. I called them and they told me I could use it all through veg and flower. It is kind of an investment but its worth a try.

Being new to the farm and mentioning this product not once but twice today, im thinking your a rep for. which isnt a bad thing by any means, unless u start advertising... Us farmers appreciate knowledge of newer products, so if you are a rep by chance, enlighten us with a scientific backing of Terpinator please. Pictures are worth a thousand words as well.

imo, i think the website and label of this product are horrendous. I wouldnt buy into it unless i see some hard proof. just my .02

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I found that using Pro-mix ( or what ever ) and 20% worm Castings makes a big difference in taste. Vineyards have been looking for ways to change the taste of their wines and they have discovered that worm castings added to the soil help give the end product a more complex taste. I used it for about 10 years when I was doing the organic thing, all they had to do was ask me, lol. There are two types of castings, from the store, and there OK and from the worms direct, I get mine from a hippy that is all organic and has 10 million worms in his green house, I pay 8$ a pound and would pay 20$ if he asked. Helps increase resistance to pests and mold also. You can some times get it from bate shops or the guys that supply bate shops. If you see an old manure pile that's an excellent place to dig, it should be overgrown and years old. They love horse shit. You can also set up your own worm farm at home and feed them compost, no it does not smell.

Peace

Top Bottom