Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

Problem is..especially these days..is the cost of all this equipment stuff. The buy in to do it right. Not really worth it anymore for new startups. With cannabis prices falling daily and everyone and they brother growing now. New startups arent really all that worth the time and trouble these days. I tell most would be commercial operators that they really missed the boat. Outdoor (if you can grow fire outside) and high tech supplemented greenhouse for the best quality is the future.

P

Pimples

Wish they would of had double endeds and mini splits in the 90's. Lol. Or at least I knew about them. These days its all about keeping operating and consumables cost down as drastically as possible. Try and hang in the game as long as possible. Eventually..99% of us will fade away with legalization. Hell of a ride.

Judaz

Judaz

Problem is..especially these days..is the cost of all this equipment stuff. The buy in to do it right. Not really worth it anymore for new startups. With cannabis prices falling daily and everyone and they brother growing now. New startups arent really all that worth the time and trouble these days. I tell most would be commercial operators that they really missed the boat. Outdoor (if you can grow fire outside) and high tech supplemented greenhouse for the best quality is the future.

I totally agree. What has killed indoor cannabis prices is not so much outdoor cannabis but light dep greenhouses. They've perfected their ways in which the quality they are producing is pretty much right there with indoor quality. The average indoor grower who cannot get the top shelf quality indoor will be phased out by the light dep growers. They can hit the same number of rounds a year that one can hit indoors. But their cost to operate are significantly lower and with the power of the sun's light intensity they can pull way more weight than indoor growers at a fraction of the cost. The only way an indoor grow will survive in the future is by having that top shelf boutique quality that only the best growers are able to accomplish. Your average joe entering the indoor game will not survive in the future. The day I see a light dep grower pull the same quality I get indoors, I’m out of the indoor game for good. In the meantime, I’m learning the whole light dep game. That’s where I’m investing my funds

Last edited:
CertifieDank

CertifieDank

Judaz how long do you dry before you start the trim and cure? (I set it at 68F and usually go for 7-10 days but I'm thinking its a bit short, maybe 14 days ish).... BTW my last pull was 2.83 and it was a mediocre run. If you don't pull 3-3.5 with DE gavitas, then most likely your quality is not on point either. The only way to pull the 3-3.5 even 4 is if you know exactly what your doing with OG and getting that fat swell and also letting her go minimum 65 days. I'm pretty sure Judaz has stressed the importance of defoliation more than anyone on here, but let me just say it myself, if you dont defoliate you will never pull above 2#... ever.

bilby

bilby

I totally agree. What has killed indoor cannabis prices is not so much outdoor cannabis but light dep greenhouses. They've perfected their ways in which the quality they are producing is pretty much right there with indoor quality. The average indoor grower who cannot get the top shelf quality indoor will be phased out by the light dep growers. They can hit the same number of rounds a year that one can hit indoors. But their cost to operate are significantly lower and with the power of the sun's light intensity they can pull way more weight than indoor growers at a fraction of the cost. The only way an indoor grow will survive in the future is by having that top shelf boutique quality that only the best growers are able to accomplish. Your average joe entering the indoor game will not survive in the future. The day I see a light dep grower pull the same quality I get indoors, I’m out of the indoor game for good. In the meantime, I’m learning the whole light dep game. That’s where I’m investing my funds
good link good read.

Judaz

Judaz

36D350C0 25B7 4E48 BD32 43B4D2432954
Judaz how long do you dry before you start the trim and cure? (I set it at 68F and usually go for 7-10 days but I'm thinking its a bit short, maybe 14 days ish).... BTW my last pull was 2.83 and it was a mediocre run. If you don't pull 3-3.5 with DE gavitas, then most likely your quality is not on point either. The only way to pull the 3-3.5 even 4 is if you know exactly what your doing with OG and getting that fat swell and also letting her go minimum 65 days. I'm pretty sure Judaz has stressed the importance of defoliation more than anyone on here, but let me just say it myself, if you dont defoliate you will never pull above 2#... ever.

Just like you 7-10 days set temps to about 68. Humidity 55. Then after is where the magic happens with the curing technique. I don’t cure in jars. It’s not feasible for me. Too many pounds to open and close jars. I don’t have the time. So this is what I do and has given me phenomenal results in smell and taste.

After the little branches start snapping within 7-10 days. I put them into turkey bags and each turkey bag I add a boost pack 2 way humidity control pack. I barely even open my packs anymore to cure and the combo of turkey bags and boost packs works better than jars for me. This is how we do it and save a grip of time from having to crack open a bunch of bulky glass jars. I take og from 63-65 days for flower cycle. Yes without defoliation forget getting close to the 3+ a light number per de bulb

Judaz

Judaz

A8303CEE 4B7C 4424 92C4 6AD8AB29CCA9
To all my homies that are running OG Kush on hoods and have a room in their house. I’m getting them to switch over on my 8ft Gavita setup technique running 1000 Watts.

I just helped my buddy who had a 6 light hood room in a bedroom and he was pulling 10-11 pounds on that room. I told him I’ll guarantee you 14 and whatever hits above that is mine. I’ve done 16-17 pounds on a 6 light Gavita room with 8 ft ceilings..

I originally contacted Gavita company and they told me that I would need to have my lights at 750 or get the 750 ballast if I was going to use 8 ft ceilings. I went with my gut and said fuck Gavita. They ain’t marijuana growers, and I did it my way succesffuly. I’m pushing over 110 micro moles per square foot like this and the consistency im getting up and down is phenomenal. I don’t care for those rounds anymore with the big ole colas inn tops with mediocre shit in the middles and bottoms. I go for consistency up and down the 4 ft plant. My packs look phenomenal with all big solid consistent nugs at the end.

This room in week 6 growing the original OG Kush using my low tables on wheels over a 5x4 foot print running gavitas at 1000 over 8 ft ceilings. I’m gonna Hit over 3 a light soon after I dial in better the way I’m running the nets. I’m seeing I can improve on that. Start the nets lower for sure next time. Bottom branches falling down due to nugs at bottom getting too heavy. I’m losing weight like that but still hitting 2.75 a light.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
That co2 was filled once afternoon I bought the tank and just said fuck it.

I never ran co2 but for like a week.. Did just fine

Co2 makes buds beastery. Not a fan of it. That was a 1200 friedrich it had a closed setting that didn’t let new air in.

but yeah the plan was a mini split but i have to roll with the punches, xXxX xXxX

NO selling of anything in this site
Thanks

Eh

First harvest will be nice lol
Anyone thinking about buying seeds off this shamus guy should read the first and last page of this thread. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/ndns-79-xmas-bud.69166/page-10 Very shady at best! He cant keep his story straight even!! Lol @sixstring

Judaz

Judaz

Let’s bring this thread back to the question if the old school OG Kush still exists. And the answer is still Yes. You just have to know who to get it from that’s it. The legendary OG Kush was made famous in LA. And people do still have it & I’m one of them. I got it back in the late 90’s and have been smart enough to never lose it. The guy who gave it to me got it form Kenji who got it from Matt and Josh. My friend had lost the clone from an accident and I returned the favor by giving it back to him. I’ll put my og bud quality, smoke, taste and high against any other og out there. I’m that confident mine is better

Shamus

Shamus

Let’s bring this thread back to the question if the old school OG Kush still exists. And the answer is still Yes. You just have to know who to get it from that’s it. The legendary OG Kush was made famous in LA. And people do still have it & I’m one of them. I got it back in the late 90’s and have been smart enough to never lose it. The guy who gave it to me got it form Kenji who got it from Matt and Josh. My friend had lost the clone from an accident and I returned the favor by giving it back to him. I’ll put my og bud quality, smoke, taste and high against any other og out there. I’m that confident mine is better

I’ll take u on that bet
I have OG cuts that haven’t even circulated due to reasons I can’t go into..

But I bet u my pure kush is just as good as ur josh D (which is really the sky walker G btw)

It’s gonna get even more convulooted now that they realized seeds with the same fucking name smh

Shamus

Shamus

OG PK and or its S1’s (Topanga, then that cuts S1’s) is for real like the best OG outhere without a doubt I’ll put my name on it

PK S1’s I have going for fun
F381A36E F43C 4B35 8FE2 DF5EDC1D6FB4

Some Chemdog D X PK
18127025 B05F 4559 926A D5DBEC96AD24

Judaz

Judaz

I’ll take u on that bet
I have OG cuts that haven’t even circulated due to reasons I can’t go into..

But I bet u my pure kush is just as good as ur josh D (which is really the sky walker G btw)

It’s gonna get even more convulooted now that they realized seeds with the same fucking name smh

No it’s not the skywalker. I got the skywalker too and they are 2 different
Strains. I know the guy who created the skywalker and when I showed him my cut he thought it was his cut because they looked very similar. Sativa og’s but we put them to the test, same room, same nutes and the weed came out different. Mine was stronger, more potent and tested higher in thc. Don’t know where you get your info but you are an east coast guy so how would you even know. You guys pick up my weed all day. People come from the east coast just to grab my stuff. Anything in seed form
I don’t trust. It’s never the same. My og is a clone only cut. No seeds available. Sorry

Shamus

Shamus

No it’s not the skywalker. I got the skywalker too and they are 2 different
Strains. I know the guy who created the skywalker and when I showed him my cut he thought it was his cut because they looked very similar. Sativa og’s but we put them to the test, same room, same nutes and the weed came out different. Mine was stronger, more potent and tested higher in thc. Don’t know where you get your info but you are an east coast guy so how would you even know. You guys pick up my weed all day. People come from the east coast just to grab my stuff

hahahahaha it’s not where u are it’s who u are

I passed on the josh D cut

Anyone i fuck with is reputable beyond belief and has cred so. Yep

Judaz

Judaz

OG PK and or its S1’s (Topanga, then that cuts S1’s) is for real like the best OG outhere without a doubt I’ll put my name on it

PK S1’s I have going for fun
View attachment 782729

Some Chemdog D X PK
View attachment 782730

You guys from the east coast need to come to Cali. Especially Southern California, where the best indoor growers live. We’ve mastered OG Kush, we made it famous, we created most of the phenos and we know
How how to pull 3+ a light with it

Shamus

Shamus

You guys from the east coast need to come to Cali. Especially Southern California, where the best indoor growers live. We’ve mastered OG Kush, we made it famous, we created most of the phenos and we know
How how to pull 3+ a light with it
I was just there with the dude who made underdog/headband famous u may know him loompa? smoked plenty Of OG from LA and made fun of loompas weed. dudes a twat. And so are u it seems

so sure your the bees knees
East coast has better weed u guys just have more..

I tell u what when I want some more $200 pounds I’ll hit u up

Judaz

Judaz

hahahahaha it’s not where u are it’s who u are

Yes and I tell you the best indoor growers for OG Kush are here on so cal. That’s all we do here and we supply most of the US.

Bro your grows are 10 years behind. Here in so cal the good growers are all using the latest technology and know how to pull weight. Telling someone here I do 3 a light is not unbelievable. It’s common. For you guys in the east coast it’s like a myth. You don’t believe it cause you guys are behind in technology. Struggling to get to 2 a light on a 4.5 x5 footprint on hoods and running air exchange says it all for me. You haven’t graduated yet to master grower.

Judaz

Judaz

I was just there with the dude who made underdog/headband famous u may know him loompa? smoked plenty Of OG from LA and made fun of loompas weed. dudes a twat. And so are u it seems

so sure your the bees knees
East coast has better weed u guys just have more..

I tell u what when I want some more $200 pounds I’ll hit u up

Lol. Not from me. I don’t think you can get outdoor for that ticket. Headband is wack bro. Loompa, he ain’t nobody around here. First step up your grow and then talk. You’ll never get the results i can achieve on air exchange, no co2 and wall mount ac’s That alone tells me you are just a kid and a hater

Last edited:
Shamus

Shamus

Yeah I’m 25 fool and have like 15 verified OG cuts
and I’ve ran like every cut out

and I was just given 12 1000 gravitas from rambridge for free cuz I’m such a douche and can’t grow. also got some 630 watt CMH on the way

that was my old grow I’m just getting set up again get over yourself

and yeah boof packs for 200 a pound all day pimp

719D70F1 238E 4F93 846E 3B0EE9EDCE17

That’s prolly what ur OG looks like lol

Judaz

Judaz

and I was just given 12 1000 gravitas from rambridge for free cuz I’m such a douche and can’t grow. also got some 630 watt CMH on the way

View attachment 782742

Looks like some
Outdoor garbage to me. You may be the wonder kid in the east coast but here in la you wouldn’t be shit. Average grower that’s it

Judaz

Judaz

E3CE1887 93F8 4927 A24A 894FFA5451BD

View attachment 782742

Here you go. Try some of this

Latest posts

Top Bottom