Dogs

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
It's been a very rough week for me. I lost my best friend of 12 years on Monday. He was my best friend, my comrade, my "official/unofficial" service animal, my battle buddy since I got out of the Army. Rest in peace Mr. Dante. You will always be with me in my heart and soul. I miss ya and love ya buddy.

😭

IMAG0514
IMAG0519 1

Welshsmoker1

Welshsmoker1

W

Wilbo

Our new puppy. Mastiff 8 weeks old.

First mastiff. We have had many labs over the years. Kids gone to college and house feels too empty.
Anyone have some insight on what to expect from this gentle giant over the first year??
Geese; they eat bugs, and make great watchers; they get very loud at intruders; nice puppy (he will eat bugs too, probably...: -) He will behave as you show him to (or her); that is to be expected for certain.

Sargie101

Sargie101

Hes on it...lol. he will let ya in the yard....but you wont be leaving if I'm not there! Hahaha! Good ole sarge.

Organica

Organica

Yes those high drive schutzand dogs are scary and dangerous but who's giving them the commands to attack when you're house is getting robbed while your not home?

I've had gsd, doberman and a pit mix. The doberman was the most formidable, however he was a mouse compared to the fila. I think what makes them the best dog for grow security is that you don't train them. If your a stranger your getting attacked regardless if your home or not.

Also my Males have weighed around 150 so like 2 dobermans lol. Im not a criminal but if I was even a shepherd barking would keep me away so maybe any big dog would work as a deterrent. :)

Dude I've been a dog lover ally life a dog man most of my life. I know about the fila as well as the few other breeds you mentioned. You saying the fila is the best is like saying hsing i chuan is better than bajiquan or such things. So please don't mislead folks who are generally quite ignorant of most breeds especially breeds they really need to know well before buying/getting one.

Think about it hard core schutzhund competition has certain breeds you see more than others and Fila's aren't one of them. Does that mean they aren't good dogs ? of course not but it does mean professionals who count on their dogs to get it done favor certain breeds for a reason. and that fluctuation has seen some changes over the years but not many. Rotties and GSD's used to rule but it depends o n where and who had them. Giant Schnauzers used to be used quite a bit in europe but ,ost in the United Snakes haven't seen one in person in their life time. THE gsd NOW TAKES A BACK SEAT TO THE MALINOIS which is a slimmer version that's harder and faster than the GSD . when i was downtown in my area during the 911 debacle they surrounded the war memorial area. at least 90% had a Malinois. where most in the public would simply thing they were slim GSD's lol.

You described the Fila as a dog that will bite anyone except family without provocation. you seem to think that was cool but for a family dog in a normal house that dog isn't suitable with a propensity to react that way is it ? Yes, you might not see this But i write so others who are still here do see my post and think in a more reasonable and practical way.

Rotties are great protection dogs but not all of them make great family dogs for the same reason some fila's might not. Rotties that aren't well trained/socialized often have a tendency to just tolerate others outside their family//friends. they can't wait to crunch on the foll that they feel has fucked up. why though, because they have worked in dealing with men and attack/protection situations for so long it's in their DNA. you don't have to train a rottie to protect you. They will do so naturally and automatically.

APBT/PIT BULL, some will protect their home while others simply won't and they will go with the burglar if the burglar wants the dog too lol. I'm not knocking the breed because they are my favorite breed until i die but I DO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM OVERALL. Some are territorial of their property and those dogs will protect while others couldn't give a shit about an approaching stranger to their yard/house and will visibly let you know they want attention and would like to play. Yet, the same breed has been trained in schutzhund/ring work and excelled. their handlers applaud them and speak extra highly on their [performance because these dogs love to please their owners.

Dogo Argentine great family dog and nobody is gonna like the results of an encounter should they breach the property or try to hurt friends/family.
Doberman when bred well etc. are fine in the home and safe with family as well.
Chesapeake Bay Retriever a little known monster to anybody that tries to hurt you or the kids. they are dogs that should only be gotten by experienced people they aren't a dog for novices at all.
AMERICAN BULLDOG good for family and protection. Yet, you better train them because they will get out of hand especially the males. a big johnson male will turn into a man killer if not dealt with properly. Many of the hybrids will too because more and more they are using them for protection work
so be careful who you buy one from
English Mastiff TRIED AND TRUE FAMILY DOG AND PROTECTOR OF PROPERTY AS WELL
Presa Canario family and property but must be well trained and socialized
Cane Corso same as above
Standard Poodle great family dog that will zap out on an attacker and make you go wow really.
Airedale family and property with no fear if gotten from legit working lines
Dogue D Bordeaux great with kids and not so great with intruders lol

I have an American Bulldog female currently and the sweetest dog you want to meet at 85/90 lbs she;s just a love dog and has never been tested for anything else. when i hear something i restrain my dog/s in the past and i come with the heat to deal with it. ijs She's very alert and seems to act like she wilL rise to the occasion, I JUST RATHER SHE DIDN'T HAVE TOO. she's my daughter after all. lol.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Yes those high drive schutzand dogs are scary and dangerous but who's giving them the commands to attack when you're house is getting robbed while your not home?

I've had gsd, doberman and a pit mix. The doberman was the most formidable, however he was a mouse compared to the fila. I think what makes them the best dog for grow security is that you don't train them. If your a stranger your getting attacked regardless if your home or not.

Also my Males have weighed around 150 so like 2 dobermans lol. Im not a criminal but if I was even a shepherd barking would keep me away so maybe any big dog would work as a deterrent. :)

first sentence says your an amatuer dog man frankly. I GUESS YOU NEVER HEARD OF GUARD DOGS THAT USE THEIR OWN DiSCRETION BASED ON THE THREAT IN THE MOMENT. If a schutzhund dog only did his job while with it's hadler the handler wouldn't even want that hound.

the idea of the barking dog as a deterrent to most is ok, but at the end of the day will the dog to more than just bark and that is what needs to be determined. i saw a short clip today of dogs who saw their owner under threat/attack and most didn't help or ran away. the little dog and his smaller bigger buddy were the ones that did their job naturally with no training. Yes, it;s something some dogs naturally have and those are the dogs that make the best guardians of property and family. other dogs have basic instincts but need direction and training to get them to act as needed.

all is based on the individual dog more so than the breed of dog when all is said and done. imho at last when it comes to working/guard dog types.
a chesapeake bay retriever is a hardcore hunting dog but will give a very rude awakening to an intruder or someone who threatens it's humans. So, theri are dogs outside of the man work types that will protect more often than not. not much more to say other than size is a minimum factor when a good dog is compelled to do his demonstration. so from 60-75 lbs 90 -125 lbs 135 and up. all have dogs that will suit certain situations. a few dogs can do it all but they are dogs that routinely have training behind them. peace

cgab3

cgab3

I loved bulldogs long before I started growing...

Not that security is a main concern of mine, but its nice knowing if someone were to break in unwelcome they would have 2-100lb meat bags waiting to greet them.

Annotation 2020 05 10 120052
oLd1

oLd1

I have a Heeler that jumps 4 foot fence protecting the place. Don't look like much but is a 35 pound Bad A.

old1

N1ceguy

N1ceguy

I Have a jack pit mix my boys extremely athletic can acale a 6 ft fence so he wouldnt have a problem locking on a intruders shoulder or neck

Top Bottom