doubleds 10 lb plant/room test.

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

so was the only thing that changed was a larger base for the plants, and that brought the plants from 4lbs to 8 lbs..?
the grow u linked to dizzle, isn't arnt those plants getting 4 k each as well?
im going to get some huge containers and quadrouple my yeilds ;)

snoopytime

snoopytime

lol lets use the bathtub and get 80 pounds! Or the swimming pool and get 800 pounds! Just kidding, the theory does make sense. I would imagaine nature has a little built in throttle on how apeshit to go on growing, based on how much it can get from the roots. I would kind of think it was based on total root flow though, not their physical dimensions. If you could figure out the chemical transmitter for the 'root width' signal, you could really have a hotttt product lol

M

MediMary

that would be some shit huh, an outdoor dwc grow using a swimming pool :)

G

gettogro

Has anyone ever seen or herd of a larger indoor plant than 8lbs. This has to be the largest highest yielding plants ever. I think DD's should be in the guiness book of world records for Highest yielding indoor marijuana plant.

M

mrdizzle

butte over on IC had some 10lbers plus, however these plants were 12ft tall and needed a chainsaw to be taken down. further more they had kolas 3x the size of any I can see in those pictures, literally the size of a grown mans upper body

snoopytime

snoopytime

Is it *possible* this is DD's going away/retirement "joke"? Like he is in tahiti getting texts "half of them still believe it lol"?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Has it really taken this long for these "8+LB plants" to even come into question?

Kudoz for manning up and casting doubt Dizzle.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
hey DD.............is that a pic of the Grotek res's your using at the beginning of the grow? also, which res's are more heavy duty........(Grotek or Hydrotek)..?..........shamus

A

antimatter

These plants were also claimed to be in the 8-10lb range by the growers of them. Now clearly DD has bigger colas but are they really big enough that he can have plants 1/3 or 1/4 of the size and still come out with the same weights .. we will never know for sure.

http://invalid.com/m/5/6945/p1010700q.jpg

http://invalid.com/m/845/6849/p1010698.jpg

http://invalid.com/m/542/3212/1547th009.jpg

jyip

jyip

did i ever tell about the huge fish i caught??

Has anyone ever seen or herd of a larger indoor plant than 8lbs. This has to be the largest highest yielding plants ever. I think DD's should be in the guiness book of world records for Highest yielding indoor marijuana plant.

did i ever tell ya about the HUGE fish i caught down at the river? self reports leave ALOT of room for juicing the data to suit your needs at the time...i am new to THC farm and have no opinion either way, i asssumed he was telling the truth, but i dont know DD from jack,,, it is always nicer to go out on top tho, isn''t it?

btw, that fish was 18 inches long when i caught it years back, but now its close to three times the size, musta grew after or something huh? hehe

damn big outdoor plts tho....i never saw anything over a 1/2 lb myself,,, outdoors, inside maybe 3 z's on a nice one, but i ave under 2z's per plt in hydro....i'm honest about the weights....heres my pic of last tray w/single 1k hps , 23 plts, 730 grams,,, i was very happy w/it ..... then i read this thread and thought, hey, i'll gro one 8 lber and be WAY AHEAD of the game....

IMG 1611
O

organicfreak

IMHO alot of it is the time you spend in veg...

You build a huge root system and have a plant that 5-6 foot tall then you the have the stretch so 8-10 foot tall when done...
Then you add shit load of lights/nutes/co2/air fom hibow LIKE DD'S does and I think you have a recippe for succes...

Now it also seems that this thread /topic gets alot of attention @ the farm hense maybe some is exajurated so we keep comming back,or maybe it keep's us buying all this equipment. which pays for advetisment and fuels the huge NUTRIENT/HYDRO WHOESALERS/RETAILERS.....

But from my experience you can get @ leats 2lb per plant and if you master your trade probly get 4..
BUT I'VE YET TO SEE ANYTHING CLOSE TO 8-10LB per plant.... AND ITS KINDA OF WEIRD NO 1 ELSE HAS EITHER...

I like this way of growing cause plant #'s are low and I can keep in the range my medical card allows me to and still have worth while harvest. Where the alternative is to have crazy plant #'s and keep them small and jam several per sqft.. AND RISK GOING TO PRISON...

ALL IMHO

O

A

A-Roe

Beezie, there are going to be alot of non-believer's, people knock shit that they never take time too try. On top of each plant having four times the light that this guy he veg. his plants to four feet with hella training and a 50 gal res for the roots. I appreciate what DD did and I know its possible. Oh I forgot to take into account that was DD's G13 and that bull---- outdoor airy bud is what?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I just find it interesting that his previous grows used the same amount of light, but he managed to double his yeild simply by simply using a larger container.

Does this seem really possible,(not to me) but hey if I havn't tried it then how can I knock it right? Im not trained in horticulture, everything I have learned is from hands on experience and trying various things I have read online or in grow books(by other growers who probably arn't trained in horticulture either).

On my next grow I would like to do a comparsion between a large and small container with the same strain and see how much it effects my yield, hopefully some other people will also conduct their own tests and we can better determine how much dripline really effects yeild.

Thanks for the inspiration DD's
your plants are still way bigger than mine i can say that for sure :)

A

A-Roe

Think of it like this bro, under a 1000 watt light a 2 gal pot will not out yield a plant in a 10 gal pot with the same amount of veg time because the roots have more space to grow. "More roots, More bud"

jyip

jyip

beezie,
interesting in how u expalined the light and how it multiples the yeild cuz of the 4 side factor as u xplained.... i couldnt even imagine ever growing something as big as DD has done, many times over, from the lil i read in his gro threads,,,awesome stuff regardless whether its 6, 8, or ten lbers, at least i think so
AR,
i had never doubted anything in this thread until after peeps posted a few comments on their thoughts, and that raises the issue that peeps can exegerate things, I am not saying that DD did that, but that is a variable of it all, just like the bigger container yeilding more vs the smaller container yielding less,,, peps are peeps, and i dont kno DD, but i am impressed as hell at what he shared here, i never thought it possible,

i never have seen plts like the outdoor ones posted here either, amazing, whether its g13, or some air bud strain as described by you,,, i think they look pretty good, and i would be happy as hell with either DD's indoor whoopers, or the outdoor ones as well.... the last ones i did outdoors were first robbed partly from me cuz someone cut the tops off each one i had and few days later the police came and took the rest from me, including my freedom for a lil while too

more roots, more buds makes sense,,,

Top Bottom