Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr Gruber

Did you top these in veg?

Yep in veg.
I pretty much followed Uncle Bens method but I did let them go until they had about 9 or 10 nodes when he said only 5 to 7 nodes. I think thats why im only gonna get two main colas, the top two branches had just grown out way more then the bottom two and I didnt tie them down.

O

OrganicIndalung

agreed with the bad receptical had the same deal with a 250 hps my guess is that the light is plugged into the same circuit as the lights for the room, bubbler, pump, fan, room ventilation,etc. run a separate line straight from the breaker with a single 20 amp breaker to the light use a separate breaker for all electrical draw other than the light if ur in a complex be careful dont want room control on ur ass. cheap no more than $20 for a primo complete wiring circuit n totally worth it, a burnt up grow op looks like a grow op burnt or not to a fireman dnt push it, three is too many lights to blow on coincidence they arent getting appropriate draw so its burning out lights similar to an idiot friend with a 75w ballast with a 150watt bulb shit happens dnt give it a reason to happen plus a house burnt cuz a grow op is bad for all of us, liberals need no reason to shitcan our movement

prop 19?

Dunge

Dunge

I ran a 150W HPS on a 400W ballast for about two minutes. I was thinking, "bright for 150!". Fortunately I had a watt meter on it and noticed that it was pulling 400W. HID is not incandescent.

D

Dr Gruber

The Straight Story

Greetings,
Problems have arose in the flower room. I've been building a new set of rooms for my grow operation and havent been paying enough attention to the state of my current home made grow tent. I think with all the building, hammering, drilling and such I may have rattled the seems apart on my tent and I have small light leaks.
Now, how did I notice this you ask; well let me tell you.
I was looking over my Sour diesel plants and noticed male flowers on two out of 3 plants and picked them all off.
It made me wonder what caused them and light leaks came to mind, so I started looking at the top of my tent and right out in the open are two split seams. I waited until lights went off and sure enough there were small light leaks.

I know stress can cause hermies so I started thinking about possible stress factors other then the light leaks and the only thing that comes to mind is that I put them into flower before they had showed pre flowers. I know many people say it shouldnt matter but according to Jorge Cervantes putting them into flower before pre-flowes can cause hermies.

So far the clones look fine and the 3rd plant hasnt shown any male pre-flowers. I hope that since I pulled off all the male pre flowers I should be okay as long as they dont return. I kind of feel like I let Dr Greenthumb and all of you down a bit by being too caught up in building the new room. So my apologies to all if these dont work out. My gut feeling is they will be ok and the clones should be fine also.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thx for the info Dr. Gruber and Blaze..now I know what the hell you're talking about :smiley_joint:

marski420

marski420

Its all good Dr.G, I'm sure you wont have too many problems with your clones.. Post some new pics of all your plants soon.

B

blaze 1

Sorry about telling you to flip them I did it to my sour and had no problems and I got mine from bag seed like 4 years ago and I hope you have better luck from here on out

D

Dr Gruber

Sorry about telling you to flip them I did it to my sour and had no problems and I got mine from bag seed like 4 years ago and I hope you have better luck from here on out

Thanks Blaze, but it was my call and my fault.

Things happen dr gruber, especially when renovating.

You are an up front guy and that gets respect.

There are people that won't even run the original clone due to it not handling stress well.

Hopefully you will get a good one to use...and maybe the stalk balls will not grow back

because in the photo she had already switched back to female bracts

Here's hoping

Thanks Northone!
the whole thong to me is I dont want people thinking Dr Greenthumb is putting out bad seeds because of my screw up. I really wanted to prove the nay sayers wrong but I may not get a real chance to do that until the clones are ready. But....if these do turn out despite my screw ups then I will get my chance after all.

Thanks for the understanding guys...thats really cool.

D

Dr Gruber

I just got my new bulb delivered...I will try a different socket and see if it works before installing.

jammie

jammie

not sure why you're "falling on your sword" for dr greenthumb. sounds like poor genetics rather than grower error. in the outdoor world there's full moons and bright stars that create more then a little light leak. if a strain's that sensitive then its crap

D

Dr Gruber

not sure why you're "falling on your sword" for dr greenthumb. sounds like poor genetics rather than grower error. in the outdoor world there's full moons and bright stars that create more then a little light leak. if a strain's that sensitive then its crap

Not falling on my sword, just trying to be honest. Ive seen alot of journals where bad growers blame the seeds and I just dont want to do that. The full moon, if im not mistaken, throws about 1/2 foot candle of light. I had more then that.
Thanks though for sticking up for me. We will find out more about these as they go and you could be correct, but if I get one good clone out of these i will be happy to keep it in my garden.

Illmind

Illmind

Some OD sour d from this year mad chron. Still a bit ripe may leave some in a drawer for 48 hrs and then rejar with a few moist nugs. Frostiest sour we have had so far.
SourdOD.JPG
Nevermind the late nanner popped in the middle I told my boy watch them biotches,

666elsie

I have 3 Sd's in flower rite now and one is a purple,did not take clones.my bad.she is a beauty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom