Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marski420

marski420

If you need to keep em managable you could always top em once, wait a week or so then flip em

D

Dr Gruber

UpDate

Okay,
They have been flipped as of last night.
I had already topped them awhile ago and want to see the results from that so i didnt top again. I will try to get some pics up tonight.
Thanks for all the replies everyone!:party0023:

Sherwood

Sherwood

IMO waiting for seed plants to mature can mean huge plants, out of control. Fwiw, I put 2 week old seedlings in flower and they just blew up, 40"s plus in height and mad colas, clones can be vegged way longer and come out big but not giant and out of hand.

B

biggun4me

Dr.G do you think you will ever try Greenthumbs bubba or OG kush? I'm dying for a couple grow logs on those.

I am growing both of them currently. Although being a beginner I don't want to represent the possibilities, but it will show if a beginner can do it with these strains... I am currently doing a diary.. And any advice to be offered would be greatly appreciated... Peace

D

Dr Gruber

I am growing both of them currently. Although being a beginner I don't want to represent the possibilities, but it will show if a beginner can do it with these strains... I am currently doing a diary.. And any advice to be offered would be greatly appreciated... Peace

Send us a link.

D

Dr Gruber

Picture Update

Here are a couple pics from the untopped plant (plant #3) not much to show yet but I wanted to show the progress. All the plants are about 24 inches or so tall.

IMG 0322
IMG 0323
D

Dr Gruber

plant #1

Pictures from plant #1, topped at the second node. You can see the two branches where 2 main colas will be produced. If I would have topped them a bit sooner and tied down the top two branches, the lower 2 would have grown at the smae rate and I would have had 4 main colas.

I've also included a couple shots of a C-99 at day 37 of 12/12, topped the same way. You can see the 2 tops filling up.:muscle

IMG 0326
IMG 0327
IMG 0325
IMG 0313
IMG 0315
D

Dr Gruber

Trouble in the Veg room

Okay,
Heres whats been going on the last few days in my veg room. I've been running a 250 MH for my seedlings and clones and it tripped the breaker the other day. When I turned it back on the light glows but wont fire back up at all. So i grabbed my spare t5 fixture and hung it in place of the 250, when I checked on it in the morning it had burned out as well and it's not an old light. So now I have a little 125 watt Cfl going to keep them plants awake.

The good news is I called the light company and they are shipping me out a replacement soon, should be here by Wednesday at the latest.
The problem is I dont have any idea how long the light was out both times, could two 12 hr dark periods start the flower cycle? I think so...hope they werent out that long.

D

Dr Gruber

light update

Son of bitch, the new light showed up and it doesnt work:mad0223:...This Doctor prescribes himself a big fat bowl of Cindy 99 followed up with a Columbian Skies chaser in the vape.:volcano::bong2:

I suggest you do the same.

JH420

JH420

Hate to point out the obvious, but have you tried plugging other stuff into the receptacle? Could be a fried recepatacle or circuit breaker? I'm no electrician but 3 lights in a row??

D

Dr Gruber

Hate to point out the obvious, but have you tried plugging other stuff into the receptacle? Could be a fried recepatacle or circuit breaker? I'm no electrician but 3 lights in a row??

Yeah crazy huh?
Ive tried different receptacles and the circut breaker is fine. This time im sure it's the bulb because it wont even glow a little bit.
Im going to call them now...
thanks for the advice, no matter how obivious it is, you never know when you might have overlooked something.

JH420

JH420

Yeah shit happens...better in veg than flower at least. I am really curious to see how these turn out for ya. I am a bit skeptical of an s1 ECSD being hermie prone, pretty much waiting to see how yours work out before throwin down myself...but I've only seen good reports on the doc's other s1's.

D

Dr Gruber

pictures

Day 15 of Flower. The untopped plant is 62 inches tall, the shortest of the two topped ones is 52 inches.

IMG 0354
IMG 0345
IMG 0346
IMG 0348
IMG 0349
IMG 0350
IMG 0355
lazarus718

lazarus718

Drgruber,
This is why i have gone to the s1's people produce
when i did find myself getting a "real"one i found that the s1's were usually just as good
and in some cases better.
I have experience wading in the s1 gene pool.
Guys, this might be a little off-topic but thought I would ask for all of us noobs out there...What is an S1? Obviously it has to do with a genetic hybrid of some sorts but I'm new to the game and haven't delved into breeding at all. Someone want to enlighten the masses?
Thx

B

blaze 1

I think an s1 is self pollenated from the clone itself.I think

D

Dr Gruber

Guys, this might be a little off-topic but thought I would ask for all of us noobs out there...What is an S1? Obviously it has to do with a genetic hybrid of some sorts but I'm new to the game and haven't delved into breeding at all. Someone want to enlighten the masses?
Thx

Selfing is the process of creating seed by fertilizing a plant with pollen from itself...the first generation derived from selfing is called an S1.

As far as I know, its the best way to get a seed that is most like the original.

Top Bottom