Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggun4me

I am using sunshine #4, I have also noticed that is if the pH is less than 6.0 they look better... 5.6-5.8 and things seemed to look much better for me.. I raised it to 6.1 last time and got some yellowing of the leaves.. I also am becoming less of a fan of flushing every 3rd watering.. I did so, and it seems I was starving the plants... Peace

marski420

marski420

I am using sunshine #4, I have also noticed that is if the pH is less than 6.0 they look better... 5.6-5.8 and things seemed to look much better for me.. I raised it to 6.1 last time and got some yellowing of the leaves.. I also am becoming less of a fan of flushing every 3rd watering.. I did so, and it seems I was starving the plants... Peace

Nah man.. Feed, Feed, Water is a pretty good schedule if you ask me.. If they were starving then you should have been giving them more nutes when you did feed.. Some people Feed,Water,Feed,Water ect. and can have decent results, just up the dosage a bit and underfeeding shouldnt be a problem.

marski420

marski420

Nah man.. Feed, Feed, Water is a pretty good schedule if you ask me.. If they were starving then you should have been giving them more nutes when you did feed.. Some people Feed,Water,Feed,Water ect. and can have decent results, just up the dosage a bit and underfeeding shouldnt be a problem IMO

U

Underground

Hate to point out the obvious, but have you tried plugging other stuff into the receptacle? Could be a fried recepatacle or circuit breaker? I'm no electrician but 3 lights in a row??
I am, and that's what I was thinking too. Especially if the receptacle is on a multiwire circuit. A bad neutral connection can cause a series or series-parallel circuit. This is bad because in a series circuit the current is constant and it's the voltage that varies with the load. So you could end up with 200 volts on one phase and 40 on the other and even potentially pull a lot more current through a device or fixture than was designed for. Easily resulting in a fire or burnt up equipment.

PS If your HIDs don't come with in line fuses, you can easily add them. Burnt HID ballasts generally trip the circuit they are on. Don't want to lose all your other lighting, pumps, or whatever else may be on that circuit.

D

Dr Gruber

I am, and that's what I was thinking too. Especially if the receptacle is on a multiwire circuit. A bad neutral connection can cause a series or series-parallel circuit. This is bad because in a series circuit the current is constant and it's the voltage that varies with the load. So you could end up with 200 volts on one phase and 40 on the other and even potentially pull a lot more current through a device or fixture than was designed for. Easily resulting in a fire or burnt up equipment.

PS If your HIDs don't come with in line fuses, you can easily add them. Burnt HID ballasts generally trip the circuit they are on. Don't want to lose all your other lighting, pumps, or whatever else may be on that circuit.

Thanks for that.
My brother is an electrician and he is coming in today to take care of my problems.

D

Dr Gruber

You have nutrient lockout problems.

you probably need to flush out built up salts[ferts]....due to constant feeding and not enough flushing[cleaning out excess ferts[mineral salts]

but you should check the PH of your runoff as well as the ec/tds[fert level]

I have quit trying to figure out whether it is "this thing or the other"
you don'tadd one thing or the other you correct what made the problem and then go back to normal feeding.

1.fertilizing and subsequent buildups always make this happen to me

2.THE most frequent problem with me is incorrect PH that makes more [or less]
than optimal ballances of the various elements and micro's

3.almost always with me it is too high PH.

4.Whether using coco or promix neither have good buffering action

ihave had great success since always keeping the ph below 6...more like 5.8

BUT constant feeding without flushing will allow the ph to drop in the container
as salts build up.

so do a flush with a known ph level water ..[.try 6]

see what the run off says

also test the tds[fert level of the runoff..

..i hope you have these tools because you need them.

then get back to us on the results.

it will only get worse but it can easily get better.

Thanks Northone!
Im on it.
I should have mentioned this when I posted the pics but all of those problems started before i gave them one drop of Nutes.
So, I figure it must be a PH problem. My soil ph is about 6.8, are you using soil? Should I really be lowering soil PH to 5.8? I heard that low a ph was for hydro.
I will check run off water today for PH and PPM...although I know my PPm reading will be low. Could those problems be from underfeeding?
Thanks again and I will be working on it today and will get back to you on the results.

B

biggun4me

Thanks Northone!
Im on it.
I should have mentioned this when I posted the pics but all of those problems started before i gave them one drop of Nutes.
So, I figure it must be a PH problem. My soil ph is about 6.8, are you using soil? Should I really be lowering soil PH to 5.8? I heard that low a ph was for hydro.
I will check run off water today for PH and PPM...although I know my PPm reading will be low. Could those problems be from underfeeding?
Thanks again and I will be working on it today and will get back to you on the results.

Dude that's kinda what I was saying to.... Peace

marski420

marski420

Oh yeh man, ph is deffinently too high. 6.0 is a good place to keep it at or just under. Well, it also depends on what kind of soil you are using aswell. Promix, I believe is best kept at 5.8-6.3.. Where as Ocean Forest/ Happy Frog might be better off a little higher I believe.. 6.0-6.5

B

biggun4me

Nah man.. Feed, Feed, Water is a pretty good schedule if you ask me.. If they were starving then you should have been giving them more nutes when you did feed.. Some people Feed,Water,Feed,Water ect. and can have decent results, just up the dosage a bit and underfeeding shouldnt be a problem.

You could be right about under feeding before flush,, I was running my nute ppm at 500-700ppm.. and when I would flush things did not get better for me.. I am gonna keep things around 1000-1100 and see if that helps... Maybe Dr. Gruber needs to add a little something to his nutes.. after he gets the ph dialed in..Peace

marski420

marski420

You could be right about under feeding before flush,, I was running my nute ppm at 500-700ppm.. and when I would flush things did not get better for me.. I am gonna keep things around 1000-1100 and see if that helps... Maybe Dr. Gruber needs to add a little something to his nutes.. after he gets the ph dialed in..Peace

What stage are your plants at bro? If there not nearing the end of veg(7-8 weeks) 1000 would be too high. if your in flower (and I think you are if I remember your logs correctly) then you want 900 - 1000 building up to 1400, maybe 1500 depending on plants and nutrient uptake, then takin her back down for the final flushes

D

Dr Gruber

Okay, I flushed yesterday and here are the numbers.

Starting levels-
PPM-1550
Ph-6.8

End Levels-
PPM-195

PH-6.0

I will bring the PH down even futher next time and start up with nutes again.

Thanks Northone!
I appreicate the help and please let me know if Im on the right track.
Thanks to everyone else too.

Peace-DG

D

Dr Gruber

good work..so you did have salt buildup as well as too high ph..

you are on the right track.

Thanks Man!

Yeah the salt build up surprised me because as I said, I really gave them so little. And whats with Jorge Cervantes saying PH for soil is best at 6.5 to 7? I always thought I was okay because of his grow bible info...live and learn.

D

Dr Gruber

"Jorge Cervantes saying PH for soil is best at 6.5 to 7

Nobody and i mean NO body uses soil...

promix is not soil..light [as opposed to heavy]peat based "soils" are closer to soiless..

ie.passive hydro

soil is heavy[weight] and sandy and loamy and a mix of a lot of things and has actual

buffering action to use ph 7...

I dont use promix...I use FFOF, but point taken. FF is made with composted forest humus, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss. They say it is "PH adjusted' to 6.3 to 6.8 and thats where you should keep it. I'm gonna take your advice and keep it low and see how it goes.
Thanks!

D

Dr Gruber

DrGruber...that sounds more soil like ..

i will also tell you i am no expert and only know what i know from my own trial and error

so please take my advice as NOT verbatum.

but yes see how it goes.

yes trying to diagnose problems from pictures and emails is very hard...but I really appreicate your effort. The plants seem happy, so I will continue until they tell me otherwise.:passingjoint:

marski420

marski420

yes trying to diagnose problems from pictures and emails is very hard...but I really appreicate your effort. The plants seem happy, so I will continue until they tell me otherwise.:passingjoint:

Thats the only way to do it my friend.. trial and error

Latest posts

Top Bottom