Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pdiddy2345

Dr Greenthumb's gear sure is making waves on the boards, gonna have to grab some. Starting with Ghost S1s baby... Lookin good Dr., ur C99 looks excellent

D

Dr Gruber

Dr Greenthumb's gear sure is making waves on the boards, gonna have to grab some. Starting with Ghost S1s baby... Lookin good Dr., ur C99 looks excellent

Thanks P!
Yeah Doc's stuff seems to be showing up more and more because once you see it, you believe it.

Im going to do a report on his Colombian Skies in a day or so..heres a sneak preview.....

IMG 0280
S

Smokin Tree

Lookin good man, cant wait to see em flower!
Congrats to you and the new misses :clapping
Thanks for the link, was a good read, thats how I want to be growing...the way I've been topping I end up with bushes.

D

Dr Gruber

congrats on the marriage
grow on bro..

Thanks Mr North!

Lookin good man, cant wait to see em flower!
Congrats to you and the new misses :clapping
Thanks for the link, was a good read, thats how I want to be growing...the way I've been topping I end up with bushes.

Thanks Mr Tree!
Yeah check out everything Uncle Ben has to say, he is very interesting to say the least.:party0044:

D

Dr Gruber

mikrokote update

I transplanted 2 of the Sour Diesels today...here is a shot of the root ball, notice you dont see any of the typical root spinout (rootbound) look to it.

This stuff really works!

IMG 0283
IMG 0284
S

Smokin Tree

Hey Doc just curious, I saw you said you had a slow start with 2 of these beans, how long did it take for them to pop? I'm wondering because I started a few new strains this weekend and just about everything had popped in 24hours except these SD and a couple herijuana's. I've only started from seed a couple times so not really sure how long it could take for beans to pop.

Wanted to add, I usually soak mine in distilled water till they pop then plant. They've been in water about 36hrs

Dunge

Dunge

I have experience sprouting billions of barley seeds for malting and I can offer that seeds will drown if left in water too long.

D

Dr Gruber

Hey Doc just curious, I saw you said you had a slow start with 2 of these beans, how long did it take for them to pop? I'm wondering because I started a few new strains this weekend and just about everything had popped in 24hours except these SD and a couple herijuana's. I've only started from seed a couple times so not really sure how long it could take for beans to pop.

Wanted to add, I usually soak mine in distilled water till they pop then plant. They've been in water about 36hrs

I think 36 hrs is too long. Doc says 4 to 8 hrs and I think Jorge Cervantes said 12 hrs aprox. Ive heard of people going 24 hrs before but i would pull hem out if i were you.
My first Sd bean popped in 24 hrs and the 2nd in 4 days. The last one didnt pop until 9 days, which ive never had happen before. As a matter of fact this is the first time all the seeds didnt pop in 24 hrs. It must be something about the SD i guess...hard shells? I would pull them and place in damp paper towel, cover them with somthing to keep the light out and you should be good.

I do remember one time just for kicks i placed a bunch of bag seeds in water and forgot about them for a few days. When I looked again they all had tap roots so your method might work but to be on the safe side pull them so they dont drown.

B

blaze 1

Does anybody know what sour cut he used and if he cubed it.

D

Dr Gruber

update plant #1

Here are some shots of plant #1 form last night. Notice it has nice vertical growth after being topped. This one is 39 days old.

IMG 0293
IMG 0294
IMG 0295
IMG 0296
D

Dr Gruber

update plant #3

This is the slow and un-topped one. Please take a look at the slow growth at the nodes. All the others have 10 inch long branches and this one has only an inch or so and at some points not even that. Any ideas why this is so slow?
And...should I put it into flower now or wait awhile? This one is about 30 days old.:bong-hits:

IMG 0285
IMG 0286
IMG 0287
IMG 0288
IMG 0289
D

Dr Gruber

Hello everyone,

I'm building a new grow space and need help picking a paint color for my lounge. The space will have a veg room, flower room (both painted flat white) and a utility room and smoking lounge. I'm wondering what the best color would be to induce a state of peace and relaxation in my 10x 14 room? Any suggestions?
If you know of a brand and color name that would help too.

Thanks!

marski420

marski420

One thing I can for sure recomend is you not smoke too close to your plants, its not gunna kill em but it may affect them a bit.. just my 2 cents. I personally think a nice chillin blue is a good color for the smokin area tho.. maybe add some MJ leaf outlines and fill it in with green.. just my thoughts, lookin healthy though man!

D

Dr Gruber

One thing I can for sure recomend is you not smoke too close to your plants, its not gunna kill em but it may affect them a bit.. just my 2 cents. I personally think a nice chillin blue is a good color for the smokin area tho.. maybe add some MJ leaf outlines and fill it in with green.. just my thoughts, lookin healthy though man!

Yeah...my smoke room will have its own ventilation so I should be good on that. I like the idea of blue in the room also....so many choices..uhhhh.

D

Dr Gruber

SD Clone Update

The clones taken from the SD plants have rooted in 12 days. When I topped the plants I used the top portion of the plant to make clones out of. 1 clone for each plant when i usually do multi cuttings of each in case of problems. Much to my relief all of them rooted so I will be able to pick a good mother when all is said and done.:sweating:worried:fixed:

marski420

marski420

I'm curious how many different Green thumb strains you have grown? Cause I was interested in Green thumb before I got my OG Raskals but couldnt find much on his strains, which made me nervous.

D

Dr Gruber

I'm curious how many different Green thumb strains you have grown? Cause I was interested in Green thumb before I got my OG Raskals but couldnt find much on his strains, which made me nervous.

I have grown out his Columbian Skies and his Cindy 99. I have his SD and his iranian x G13 going right now and am waiting to pop his Millennium Bud and Oh Zone.

I just randomly found him on the internet and I had never ordered seeds before. I was looking for an "old school" taste and the CS caught my eye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom