Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

@SweetLeafGrow looks like the bx1 is feminized, and there are a few phenos based on the DF website. I'm going to school with you on this grow, but I'm thinking of buying a 10 pack to run 8 in the fog system in January. Your girl is starting to put down rails, can't wait to see what you get. I'll bet they are beasts by January. Hoping anyhow.

How do you make your RSO - are you pressing?
Yes, this gal was started from a fem seed, I have more I can share if you like that option but I think I only have 5 left. I also made a clone of this pheno if that grabs your interest.

I make my RSO using 99.9% iso alcohol and a distiller to reclaim most of the alcohol. I have a magnetic hotplate/spinner that I finish the alcohol removal and decarb at the end of the extraction.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes, this gal was started from a fem seed, I have more I can share if you like that option but I think I only have 5 left. I also made a clone of this pheno if that grabs your interest.

I make my RSO using 99.9% iso alcohol and a distiller to reclaim most of the alcohol. I have a magnetic hotplate/spinner that I finish the alcohol removal and decarb at the end of the extraction.
Have you looked at your recovery efficiency? Like 100G of flower produces 10g of RSO?

Thanks for the seeds offer, but I'll hit up DF for a 10 pack once I see your results. I'd like to find a strain that produces more than 20% when pressed like I see the kids do on youtube, so far I am nowhere close. I think my max ever was 14%. So flower with resin rails seems like where I need to be, and yours looks like it is going to be loaded.

I know you are, and I sound like a mother hen, but be real careful of getting all the ISO out. Everclear (ETOH) is a safer option if you can find it locally. Wish you were closer, I can process an entire plant in an afternoon with the rotovap.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Have you looked at your recovery efficiency? Like 100G of flower produces 10g of RSO?

Thanks for the seeds offer, but I'll hit up DF for a 10 pack once I see your results. I'd like to find a strain that produces more than 20% when pressed like I see the kids do on youtube, so far I am nowhere close. I think my max ever was 14%. So flower with resin rails seems like where I need to be, and yours looks like it is going to be loaded.

I know you are, and I sound like a mother hen, but be real careful of getting all the ISO out. Everclear (ETOH) is a safer option if you can find it locally. Wish you were closer, I can process an entire plant in an afternoon with the rotovap.

Yes, I look at efficiency every time I make the oil. Rick Simpson always said to expect about 4g of oil from an oz of quality bud. I was using Everclear in the beginning and my first extractions were disappointing, 2-2.5g per ounce. I researched it out and 99.9 iso got all the best reviews, but yes, caution is advised using iso. Doing everything in the cold is also helpful so I am doing that as much as possible, which I was not doing in the beginning.

For many months I used dispensary grown medicine and using the iso, I was able to consistently get 4-4.5g per oz and was happy with that. However, as of late I have been making my medicine 100% from my homegrown, which is why it's so important for me to get the testing of the flower done. I have been very pleasantly surprised that in the 3 batches I have made so far with 100% homegrown, my oil yields have jumped to a whopping 5.5g per oz! I give it to the elite strains, there really is something there behind all the hype.

I will have to look into that Rotovap you speak of. It's pretty much an all day thing for me when I make oil. Anything I can do to streamline that process would be very welcome. Thanks bro.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Figured I'd do a video update for this grow today, close to 3 full weeks of flowering and she is looking beastly for sure, not much stretch in her genes at all. I have a clone I kept in case I decide to grow this one again.

Did my second res amendment, went smoothly. I'm getting better at how much of each formula to add to get to where I want to be while keeping the ratios the same. Went for the middle of the aggressive feeding, ppm's at about 1000, up from the low 800's.

Going to be a challenge keeping the environment dialed in, low temps expected -30 to -40f next week, winter has really settled in and rearing its ugly head. The bright side of things says I don't have to run chillers!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Figured I'd do a video update for this grow today, close to 3 full weeks of flowering and she is looking beastly for sure, not much stretch in her genes at all. I have a clone I kept in case I decide to grow this one again.

Did my second res amendment, went smoothly. I'm getting better at how much of each formula to add to get to where I want to be while keeping the ratios the same. Went for the middle of the aggressive feeding, ppm's at about 1000, up from the low 800's.

Going to be a challenge keeping the environment dialed in, low temps expected -30 to -40f next week, winter has really settled in and rearing its ugly head. The bright side of things says I don't have to run chillers!
At first I was looking close at the striping on the leaves waiting to get a closeup to see what was causing that, already getting ready to ask nute questions, and when they come into focus - resin rails. Friggin trichomes. Keep doing what you are doing. But man I'm gonna grab some of these seeds and run them next under a bit of red to try to unpack them a bit. That plant is dense!

Madmax

Madmax

I think the toppings might have something to do with that with close temps day,night and running 24 hrs through veg ..maybe idk .they do grow short but .I’d try 18/6 nxt go around ..let them grow to 4 weeks then top then flip and see what you get..I gather you won’t b running this nxt though..is the light a 600 watts..you might get some colouring with this cold weather coming bud…

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I think the toppings might have something to do with that with close temps day,night and running 24 hrs through veg ..maybe idk .they do grow short but .I’d try 18/6 nxt go around ..let them grow to 4 weeks then top then flip and see what you get..I gather you won’t b running this nxt though..is the light a 600 watts..you might get some colouring with this cold weather coming bud…
I think I only topped her once or twice, maybe thrice. You might be right about the 24/7 thing, not sure. Good eye on the light, just turned that down so it doesn't bleach out the camera so bad, it's been at 100% for a couple of weeks now. Yea, I will intentionally get things cooler at night as we get closer to finish. Helps the terps mostly but cool fall colors are also nice.

At first I was looking close at the striping on the leaves waiting to get a closeup to see what was causing that, already getting ready to ask nute questions, and when they come into focus - resin rails. Friggin trichomes. Keep doing what you are doing. But man I'm gonna grab some of these seeds and run them next under a bit of red to try to unpack them a bit. That plant is dense!
I'm also impressed with the strain Moe, and with how great she looks so early on, never had one so frosty, so early, it only gets better from here. Super stoked to see this one through. I would really like to try that Haloe Moonshine (or something like that) from @Dragonsflame, I think it's one of Jeff's newer strains he is working on.....looks 🔥

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Couldn't hold off any longer. Next time I fire up the fog tent it will be with 8 of these little girls. Gonna be fun.

I'll be behind you so it won't help you with this grow, but I'm going to TLC test these every few days when we get close to harvest to pick the perfect time.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The pics on DragonsFlame don't look this tight. I'm thinking cold has a hand in SweetLeaf's plant stucture too. Struggling to keep your tent in the 70s definitely has an impact.

I'll probably run half the tent with a red lean and the other with blue just to see how they react. I'll bet I can make them look compact like these with lighting even at higher temps. They won't be clones, so no real data to be gained here but I'll be curious which side of the tent does better. May throw some UV in there too. We'll see.

Madmax

Madmax

No I couldn’t .apart from the ones that grew smaller sized buds had Huuge fan leaves in veg..if you look in the Mac dragon in veg at the 2 front ones far left and right were the best in flower.yield side..was all fire though .my best smoke to date.in my short time growing indoors.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

SLG you make it thru Elliot OK? We're about to get hit. Predicting way cold and super windy. This thing is impacting the entire hemisphere. It's gonna be negative digits all the way down to south Alabama and Mississippi. I don't remember the last time that happened. I can't imagine the carbon footprint spike we are seeing under that storm. Heating bills thru the roof. Makes me want HPS right now. I loved growing in HPS.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

SLG you make it thru Elliot OK? We're about to get hit. Predicting way cold and super windy. This thing is impacting the entire hemisphere. It's gonna be negative digits all the way down to south Alabama and Mississippi. I don't remember the last time that happened. I can't imagine the carbon footprint spike we are seeing under that storm. Heating bills thru the roof. Makes me want HPS right now. I loved growing in HPS.

The nice breeze I'm getting from my open windows lets me crank my dials up a bit more 🤣

IMG 3427

t-shirt weather

Madmax

Madmax

I think I only topped her once or twice, maybe thrice. You might be right about the 24/7 thing, not sure. Good eye on the light, just turned that down so it doesn't bleach out the camera so bad, it's been at 100% for a couple of weeks now. Yea, I will intentionally get things cooler at night as we get closer to finish. Helps the terps mostly but cool fall colors are also nice.

I'm also impressed with the strain Moe, and with how great she looks so early on, never had one so frosty, so early, it only gets better from here. Super stoked to see this one through. I would really like to try that Haloe Moonshine (or something like that) from @Dragonsflame, I think it's one of Jeff's newer strains he is working on.....looks 🔥

I got my eyes on those too ,and the auraz….geez..what’s that in degree Celsius.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I flipped the light to 12/12 on this girl on November 15, and as previously discussed with Max, his girl and mine both did not show distinct flowers for two weeks so I will use the first of Dec as my guide for nutrient modifications. With that in mind, today would be day 21 and the end of week 3. I think the flowers are looking very nice.

She is so bushy, I have become concerned about possible mold issues. I moved my oscillating fan to blow on the lower part of the plant on high speed and pulled the other less strong fan up to blow above the canopy, it too on high speed. There is also an 8" inline fan pulling air out of the tent and that is on about 80% depending on humidity levels.

I've already done a lot of defoliation and wonder if I should do more or if I have enough air movement to not worry much about mold etc., I think now would be the time to do it if I am going to. I understand defoliation and do it but have never been a big fan of pulling off all the fan leaves, I can't help but think they feed the flowers somehow and perhaps I am wrong there, I'm still learning. Lots of frost on even the fan leaves too, hate to cut em all of if I don't have/need to. I've taken occasional fan leaves off and she is definitely sticky as all get out....and loud, she smells so good already.

@Moe.Red, I do have a question or two about the res. I've been shooting for the low end of the aggressive (high end of the medium) feed as she has been handling that well. I went full on aggressive and it was too much so backed it off so now been aiming for that 1000 ppm, which is the high end of the medium feed. She has been drinking and I believe eating as well. I have noticed top offs that brought me right back to where I was on ppms the day before, and then there have been top offs that ended with lower ppms, which I assume is the plant eating. I hope I am understanding that correctly. So the question is, should I try to maintain that 1000 ppm number when I see it drop, to say 900? That is about where I am today and just amended the res last Sunday. Or should I wait and let her eat and then amend on that weekly Sunday schedule? My first thought is to keep that ppm up.

The other question I have is the GH feeding chart recommends reducing the ppms at week 6 and then a gradual decrease to harvest. Is this something I should follow? I'm reading the plants but using the chart as a general starting place. So far this approach is serving me well and I am learning a lot!

One last question- I know I shouldn't think about additives yet...but since things are going well, I do have a product called Flower Stacker by Humboldts Secret nutrients line, which I have used with soil and liked it very much.

I've always used it as directed starting in week 3 of flower till the end at the suggested rates per gallon. Do I dare incorporate this into the res? Now would be the time to do it if I were to go down that road. Thanks!

59B685DC 970F 4001 AA7D EC159EDA22D2
35D2EB4D 880C 41B6 83C1 5CADCCB70F0C
6034A0EC B708 48B2 8E21 2840F7F77DEB
62C5CB7E D96A 4DAD 9246 1BE36BCE5B66
2BE243DC D1B5 4571 9DEB FA03497CB534
BD11F454 83E4 4D3E A650 C9FD995C24D7
AFC8B98E 8D33 468C 95BD 763DAAABB79A
05FDA023 BC83 4485 B790 B1EAD4DC2654

Latest posts

Top Bottom