Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Ever seen Mulder's Chart?

Nope, first time.

For example, there is no direct interaction between N and P. So while you are raising PPM as measured by your meter, adding N to a P rich res will not cause burn. If you are getting too much P, that can cause issues. Same with too much N. But if you have the right amount of P and add N too it, you should not expect burn unless you would have gotten that separately from the N.

I don't know if I am explaining this with the right words, does this make any sense?
Yes, absolutely making sense. I am going to have to study that chart a bit, lots to digest there. Maybe find something to read on the subject.

What would make your job easier is if the TDS pen read P, N, K, Mg, Ca separately. 800PPM of just P is very different than 800PPM of N+P+K+++...
I totally get this.

Generally it is the pink that causes burning. If you are on the razor's edge, back that off a little. Adding a little N at that point should not cause burns, but your PPM might be the same. Where you could run into issues is with the K / N antagonism. Higher N can make K less available.
This is great info. With that in mind, of the pink, I think that number is good to go, very slight leaf tip burn here and there, just enough to know it seems I have approached that line. Same with N and the green. Lost a lot of the dark green coloration that was happening and feel any more of the green will only bring that problem back. So left with the brown and whether or not I should add any of that, my gut says no because the other 2 nutrients seem to be spot on and I don't want to do anything just for the sake of doing something lol.

I looked back and did see that I had changed the res to a flower ratio around the time of flip, so amending that ratio to bring green and brown up is something that can be done, just not convinced I should do it now with this new info...unless I do so just to tweak the ratios and then dilute down to that 650-700 range. I can definitely do this but still thinking.

I am a bit confused so I am not going to do anything until I understand all this better.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Not at the moment, but it looks like I will be able to finish the last few weeks with the new Scynce Raging Kush II that I will be ordering soon. Looking forward to dialing in the light spectrum for the final weeks of this grow.

Awesomeness, thank you!

LOL I almost chopped that one. I'm having a time redefining the term "tiny" in my vocabulary.

OK, so this has me thinking. My thoughts are, OK, I can raise the green and brown, no problem. To get that in line with the pink, I'm thinking it would require about 3ml per gallon of each. With 14 gallons as our res size, that would be an additional 42 ml of each to get roughly to the same ratio as the pink.

Thinking out loud here....I'm already at a total ppm that I believe is riding the razors edge, not sure I want that any higher. So if I were to wing it here with these ratios and based on what I am learning, I would add that 42 ml of brown and green, let it settle and check ppm. Then dilute the res with plain RO to get the final ppm to that 650-700 range where things are riding atm.

The aromas are wonderful, I'm not so good at identifying all the smells, but she is strong and loud, sticky as all get out.
The raging kush fixtures looked amazing from what I remember. Keep doin your thang brotha 🙌

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I am a bit confused so I am not going to do anything until I understand all this better.
Good answer. Challenge everything I am saying too. Hold no head above your own.

-Mulder's Chart. The Mulder’s Chart shows how elements interact. The dotted lines show which elements enhance each other. The solid lines show which elements antagonize each other. For example, calcium can cause a magnesium deficiency, while nitrogen can solve this deficiency. So adding extra magnesium isn’t necessary!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The raging kush fixtures looked amazing from what I remember. Keep doin your thang brotha 🙌
That's what I am running now. Pretty nice lights with tunable spectrum with no loss of PPFD. It's a really nice toy for someone who wants to build the race car version of grow space. SWG is getting a great deal, but at full price it is iffy if it is worth the $ unless you are topping out on a grow already. Single spectrum lights produce good weed too. That said, I'm not going back lol.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
That's what I am running now. Pretty nice lights with tunable spectrum with no loss of PPFD. It's a really nice toy for someone who wants to build the race car version of grow space. SWG is getting a great deal, but at full price it is iffy if it is worth the $ unless you are topping out on a grow already. Single spectrum lights produce good weed too. That said, I'm not going back lol.
The only draw back I can see is me tinkering too
Much and running a particular cultivar multiple times trying to dial in that perfect light. Do you have a formula for how you run yours?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The only draw back I can see is me tinkering too
Much and running a particular cultivar multiple times trying to dial in that perfect light. Do you have a formula for how you run yours?
Not really. I’m winging it based on what I think I know and getting schooled. Limited experience so far but was able to make an IBL Durban (very sativa, much tall) look like a kush.

It does lack a green channel but otherwise you have full control.

Madmax

Madmax

It’s funny you can buy cal/mag in a bottle and they can antagonise each other .i think that’s why the ratios around 4 to 1 for that very reason..I have notice too much n in flower can impact on the size of the flowers and promotes a little more leaf growth.Jeff did mention to me the Mac dragon is a light feeder.I didn’t go over 570 and they were reasonably dark.but I wasn’t getting a lot of runoff and there is a good chance there was a slight build…specially only giving 1 feed a day..your plant looks between like it has a little of both these plants showing .bottom pic is at week 6 4 weeks since onset.this was the biggest gal.
632F802C 5B28 46A2 BE43 CB5F0A5C4136
632CE79D F2A9 40A3 B725 1D0A9EE8A809

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How much are they running now? I thought I see them going for like 1400 or so… now I want one but I’ve had this medic grow fold 8 for only just a year and should keep running it but I already wanna upgrade. I need to sit my ass down and smoke a bowl I don’t need to buy another light I got an sf4000 and se5000 brand new in the box still. Anyone wanna help fund the raging kush by scooping these? 😝

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Anyone wanna help fund the raging kush by scooping these? 😝

I might be up for the 4000 if it were a SE model, give me a bit to think on that. Will the 5000 fit in a 4x4? You can get the Raging Kush for $1000 as a refurbished light. I called the co. and they said they are all lights that were damaged in shipping and they repair them and sell them at a discount....basically a new light.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I might be up for the 4000 if it were a SE model, give me a bit to think on that. Will the 5000 fit in a 4x4? You can get the Raging Kush for $1000 as a refurbished light. I called the co. and they said they are all lights that were damaged in shipping and they repair them and sell them at a discount....basically a new light.

Here is a post where I unboxed the lights

I got them delivered to my dock on a pallet. They were shipped VERY well, zero damage and very little possibility for damage unless the shipping company piles stuff on top.

I can see if this was not a dock / pallet delivery, that could cause some issues. They are fully assembled, quite heavy and very large. I'll bet the refurb ones are where people tried to get these UPS'd to themselves or something.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Methods designed to disinfect and remove organic compounds or frequent nutrient solution changes were sometimes used to control the buildup of these exudates, but studies have shown this is not necessarily beneficial.​

When microbial populations are permitted to develop in healthy hydroponic systems, they break down and metabolize carbon compounds in the root zone or nutrient solution, so this sort of buildup doesn’t occur when all is working well.

Plant roots develop and react in hydroponic systems similar to soil-based systems. Diverse and beneficial microbe species are found in a wide range of different soilless systems, and certain exudates released by roots are used by the plant to attract and select certain micro-organisms in the rhizopshere.

These microbes can then work, via different mechanisms, to influence plant health and growth. For example, root exudates act as signals that encourage and initiate a relationship with rhizobia and mycorrhizal fungi as well as rhizo-bacteria.
Sounds what us anti-vaxers have been saying for years. Work with nature, not against it. I enjoy debating people who think they know it all. Its far easier to have them point out their own bias than me explain it. With the right questions, any audience would be eaiser convinced had the know it all been there. I can convince someone about the dangers of our war on microbes, but its easier if there is an "educated" individual there.

While most pray to the medical system, I look forward to the day theres no electricity or fuel available. Ironically all the people who wouldnt make it, are the reasons why our future is not sustainable. .

Anywho. . i do 0 res changes and 0 corrosives no chiller no enzymes no bbs, and boy is it fire

And sorry moe, not a jab at you. I am agreeing with what your saying then ranting. . dont make the shoe fit lol. . im just speaking of the people way way up. The ones operating the electron microscopes.

Can you please answer me this, how is there an electron imagine of the black plague available????? I guess this is where my thoughts lead. Like I think its in the worlds economy best interest to release something. Medical industry needs to be full inorder to maximize profits.

Sorry. . attention everyone. . throw away your corrosives. . you are part of the problem lol. . there. . oh and go runnnnnnn. . no weight loss meth. . just fucking run. .or walk fast lol. Yall know that under 18 deaths from covd were 3x as likely if you were obese. Next up. . phthalates

Sorry sweetleaf lol. . i mean your grows looking good btw

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

No worries bro and thank you! Yours is looking perdy darned good, very nice.
Might have been walmart.com idk, but these were under 20 bucks for 100. It helps with top offs. There are no directions but id say readings are ready at 1 minute after soaking for 1 second. They dont run either like other strips. I couldn't grow without them. Been holding them close to the chest lol. . id get some if I were you. They wont do anything but help. Never over 500 hardness or burn, never under 100ppms nitrate. . the rest might help with you since your sterile. I dont use all the data, but without it I dont know what to add after topping off with water. Usually i rotate micro and calmag every 3 days. Then every 6 a big dose of P and K. No res changes are simple. . it actually sounds expensive and over complex to run a sterile system. I just like pulling on ya since your gaining ground in the sterile path.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I just like pulling on ya since your gaining ground in the sterile path.

I've always ran live, you might be confusing me with someone else 🤷‍♂️

The test strips look interesting. Do they have these for N-P-K levels? I could see how that would be helpful to get your ratios running in the res.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I've always ran live, you might be confusing me with someone else 🤷‍♂️

The test strips look interesting. Do they have these for N-P-K levels? I could see how that would be helpful to get your ratios running in the res.
Just the N levels and Calcium levels. I have strips for P and a tritation test kit for K but I dont use them. Its very hard to go over on P, and im using Balance for a K additive. I dont even use the Grow blend of flora trio so its a bit harder for me to go over on K, which is the one you dont want to go over on. Its basically impossible for me to go over when I use bloom and micro and balance in the right orders. Im actually thinking I can ditch the Grow bottle of trio now. . . Made my own formula lol. As long as you dont go over on K and C you will be fine. I like going over on N, and from what ive heard, plants love P too much to go over on it. I stopped using PH up calcium bicarbonate and now use balance instead, and my athena calmag has less calcium in it. So easy to keep low hardness levels now. Res is over 2 months old and when I topped off last night the ppms were at like 800. They only drop down to like 600 over the week, but once I add water, the real reading is like 350 or 400, my strips usually say low nitrate so I add micro. If it says low hardness, say under 150ppms ill add calmag. Its borderline silly easy.
I guess I thought you were due to the chiller, temps and res changes. U doing enzymes and bbs too? Guess I havnt studied ya here enough.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thx debating if I want to just print out the net cups too. Make it one piece that twists in that has the net cup as part of it. Also trying to figure out some mount points for LST. That might be better built into the outer mounted ring, but even then it might be too close to the plant. Print Try Redesign Repeat. I'll get there eventually.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Thx debating if I want to just print out the net cups too. Make it one piece that twists in that has the net cup as part of it. Also trying to figure out some mount points for LST. That might be better built into the outer mounted ring, but even then it might be too close to the plant. Print Try Redesign Repeat. I'll get there eventually.
Might as well make it an entire bucket lid replacement. 2 peices, the inner has a netpot built into it. I would ask ask you to try putting some plastic mesh weaved inside the netpot. I am quite positive the Clay pebbles are there more for support than anything. If you add plastic fibers, you could possibly get away with adding a 1 inch rockwool cube, and sliding your cover over it closed and it grows up through that. Eliminate clay pebbles is what im saying. Cover stops light, but allows plant to come out, ajustable??? But yea, make it where everyone can slap it on top of a bucket without any other work. Ill buy a few ;) Also can have an access hatch you test nutes from, so you dont have to pull it out all the time. Even if its just a hose you syphen some out of to test. Plenty of wiggle room

Top Bottom