Dragons Flame Mac Dragon bx1 in Updated RDWC System

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

KISS

Why not just anchor the rim of the net pot with plastic fasteners rather than having to fabricate a whole new part?
For several reasons, biggest one being I actually need the hole that big to get the roots out to move plants and for maint. My fogponics system has smaller holes that hold ok but the roots grow so big they get stuck in the hole.

If you look at post 257 you will see version 1. It does not provide a good seal or hold the plant in place mechanically very well. Sideways force picks up the pot and or the whole disk.

Also, there are no real good mount points for lst cordage on the top of a 13Gal square bucket, so trying to kill several birds with one stone. Once I have this perfected, I need a couple dozen just for myself, so I want it to be right this time!

EDIT - I also want to be able to get in to my plants and do whatever I want quickly without tools. Mounting the pot would just be a different problem.

Last edited:
D

Diverge

Here is a post where I unboxed the lights

I got them delivered to my dock on a pallet. They were shipped VERY well, zero damage and very little possibility for damage unless the shipping company piles stuff on top.

I can see if this was not a dock / pallet delivery, that could cause some issues. They are fully assembled, quite heavy and very large. I'll bet the refurb ones are where people tried to get these UPS'd to themselves or something.

They only do the freight truck delivery if you order multiple.

I've ordered singles twice, and they came via UPS. The second one was purchased during black friday sales for ~$1100 and it was damaged by UPS, and Scynce implied it wasn't uncommon. The replacement came without being damaged (box had some holes though), so 1/3 via UPS was damaged for me. They also told me they could ship via UPS 3 times for the cost of one freight truck delivery.

I don't plan on using my second one anytime soon. I'm just collecting parts for my future grow room, while I gain experience and learn 😀

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Also trying to figure out some mount points for LST. That might be better built into the outer mounted ring, but even then it might be too close to the plant.
I can see that for sure. Not sure if you seen my attempt at a tie down system for my bucket, kinda crude, but it does work. It's over at my new Mendel grow. The main drawback I am seeing is, like you said, too close to the plant. I've been mulling over ideas to improve on my green doughnuts such as smaller eye screws so I can get more of them or just drill holes....also some radial extensions to get out away from the plant some.

I guess I thought you were due to the chiller, temps and res changes. U doing enzymes and bbs too? Guess I havnt studied ya here enough.
I was only doing frequent res changes cause I am still learning how to amend the res.....but I've been learning how to do that and have not changed out the res since I flipped, if I remember right. Much easier that way and I'm not losing my buffer everytime I change. Yes, bbs and enzymes both. From what I understand Cash, it's the opposite with the chillers. You need them running live to help control the bad bacteria and promote the good. Sterile, as I understand it, one can run much warmer temps cause there are zero bacteria hence, no need for a chiller.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

They only do the freight truck delivery if you order multiple.

I've ordered singles twice, and they came via UPS. The second one was purchased during black friday sales for ~$1100 and it was damaged by UPS, and Scynce implied it wasn't uncommon. The replacement came without being damaged (box had some holes though), so 1/3 via UPS was damaged for me. They also told me they could ship via UPS 3 times for the cost of one freight truck delivery.

I don't plan on using my second one anytime soon. I'm just collecting parts for my future grow room, while I gain experience and learn 😀
Yeah, that tracks. I have a fair amount of business experience with both UPS and LTL stuff daily, and I would not trust UPS with a Raging Kush 2 if it were me sending it. That has to be the problem. I'd buy those refurbs in a heartbeat based on that info. Maybe get them shipped to a reseller and pick them up to avoid UPS? Or just take your chances and check your karma I guess.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I can see that for sure. Not sure if you seen my attempt at a tie down system for my bucket, kinda crude, but it does work. It's over at my new Mendel grow. The main drawback I am seeing is, like you said, too close to the plant. I've been mulling over ideas to improve on my green doughnuts such as smaller eye screws so I can get more of them or just drill holes....also some radial extensions to get out away from the plant some.
I have an idea. What if I did something like this crude approximation:

B827C007 CF07 4002 A329 EF21A1495F5B

Where the black part twist locks into the blue, and has eye holes printed in to accept 2 rods like the green one there, might be 3/4" PVC for example, and then you use the PVC for tie down. Make it whatever length you want. And then once you are tied down, you can still untwist the plant and take the whole thing, tydowns and all and move it around.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I was only doing frequent res changes cause I am still learning how to amend the res.....but I've been learning how to do that and have not changed out the res since I flipped, if I remember right. Much easier that way and I'm not losing my buffer everytime I change. Yes, bbs and enzymes both. From what I understand Cash, it's the opposite with the chillers. You need them running live to help control the bad bacteria and promote the good. Sterile, as I understand it, one can run much warmer temps cause there are zero bacteria hence, no need for a chiller.

So the reason people run chillers is because thats where water holds the most 02. Its a common trend and from my experiences, is one of the most overrated. Ill just say this, its all in the pheno. My pheno might not do well in your system, and yours might not do well in mine. I would suggest that some phenos require specific conditions to be met, like ph for example. I know for a fact that a specific pheno will run better at a 6.0 ph than a different pheno that will run better at a 5.5. One is stretching more and requiring more calcium, which will uptake easier at a different ph. Like to say that one size fits all, well ill challenge anyone to that argument on any subject. We lack too much info to suggest that anything is the best way.
Like you are on a successful path, my gut is to apply my own criticism, then I realize its pheno specific. Perhaps I could say this with confidence, I would say that with the majority of phenos, there are some variables that are set in stone. That said, the majority of phenos ive seen grown even on here, I dont want them, not even lying. So to me, I hit a brick wall when trying to argue anything anymore.
From what ive read on here, live soil produces more terpy weed. The more bacteria, the better the weed, obv as long as its beneficial bacteria. I would say the lower the temps, the slower the microbial growth. I would rather have warmer water temps to speed up the microbial growth. I want a booming ecosystem in there not a stagnant one. When I increase temps, as long as I keep the 02 levels high enough, theres always enough o2 for my bacteria and my roots. I dont think temperatures decide which bacteria is dominate, I would say conditions would. How much light enters determines what bacteria is promoted. o2 levels are determined by the bacteria and plants combating need for it. As long as you keep a healthy supply the good will still be able to overtake the bad. Now if you cut the o2, even at lower temps, the bad will win. This will also happen at higher temps. Id say the 2 facts we stick with are that microbial growth is discouraged the lower the water temps. Id say 02 levels in water are naturally the highest at 68F, which is what chillers are used for.
Id say that doesnt matter though, that the levels can only be sustained at a set ppm unless venturi injection of 02 or chemical additives. Sure waterfalls other other high aeration methods will work too.
I would say that all the things that people say are good for the root zone, do not need to be done if they are counter productive to other claims. I for one can visually see the slowed veg growth from 72 to 68. Now its prolly a good thing to slow the growth down during flower, cause if you try to push a bud for 6 months, you better make sure your res is just as stable or you will just crash and burn.
I would say there are no pros to running a chiller in a live system, and only cons. Same with the marketing tactics of enzymes and what is best for the root zone. Im quite positive had I a stage and educated audience, this would never be debated again lol. . Oh wait, I do. I just cant even bring myself to use my 12 inch mud knife on my kitchen, dreading the labor. . . let alone spray paint my stage and setup my desk. . lights. .camera. . what in the fucktardation

Last edited:
D

Diverge

Yeah, that tracks. I have a fair amount of business experience with both UPS and LTL stuff daily, and I would not trust UPS with a Raging Kush 2 if it were me sending it. That has to be the problem. I'd buy those refurbs in a heartbeat based on that info. Maybe get them shipped to a reseller and pick them up to avoid UPS? Or just take your chances and check your karma I guess.
I hear you on UPS. I always have issues with them, which was why I asked about other options. That's when they told me it's more cost effective for them to give it another try via UPS vs freight. To cover my own ass I bought insurance through the seller for $10, but was told not to use it since Scynce would take care of it all.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I hear you on UPS. I always have issues with them, which was why I asked about other options. That's when they told me it's more cost effective for them to give it another try via UPS vs freight. To cover my own ass I bought insurance through the seller for $10, but was told not to use it since Scynce would take care of it all.
How's your grow coming? You running your own recipe in the Theia app?

D

Diverge

How's your grow coming? You running your own recipe in the Theia app?

It's going okay I think. Tomorrow will be the end of week 9 of flower, been debating on going one more week since I hardly see any amber trichomes and my plants are fading from yellowish to purple now.

The smaller one has kinda been looking the same for a couple weeks now, just getting frostier somewhat. But the bigger one keeps getting new white pistols and foxtailing on the top colas, even with my light very high up and at 40%. Currently at about 500umols and EC 1.0 - been tapering off the nutes the last 2 weeks from a high of around 1.65 (including the pH buffer).

I'm using the Cryptochrome/Phytocromes sunrise/sunset Combo, just scaled down.

Here's what they currently look like:
PXL 20221231 001941228

PXL 20221231 001951381

I wish the bigger plant didn't have that huge cola, it messed up my light height. I bent it over twice mid flower, and ended up cracking the stem. Looking at it made me feel bad, so I eventually untied it and patched it up with some gause and aloe 😂

Lesson learned. Next time I'll do better.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It's going okay I think. Tomorrow will be the end of week 9 of flower, been debating on going one more week since I hardly see any amber trichomes and my plants are fading from yellowish to purple now.

The smaller one has kinda been looking the same for a couple weeks now, just getting frostier somewhat. But the bigger one keeps getting new white pistols and foxtailing on the top colas, even with my light very high up and at 40%. Currently at about 500umols and EC 1.0 - been tapering off the nutes the last 2 weeks from a high of around 1.65 (including the pH buffer).

I'm using the Cryptochrome/Phytocromes sunrise/sunset Combo, just scaled down.

Here's what they currently look like:
View attachment 1315340
View attachment 1315339

I wish the bigger plant didn't have that huge cola, it messed up my light height. I bent it over twice mid flower, and ended up cracking the stem. Looking at it made me feel bad, so I eventually untied it and patched it up with some gause and aloe 😂

Lesson learned. Next time I'll do better.
Looks great to me. I’ll look closer when I get to a big screen but I don’t see fox tailing. Do you have a thread you can tag me on?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks, it's good for a second grow I guess, but could be better. I'll take some close ups and tag you in one of the previous threads I created so I don't hyjack this one.
Looking awesome for your 2nd grow, hell yea.

You're all good, glad you chimed in. Love your idea with the horizontal dowel for mounting points for fans. Hard to tell but the clips look pretty cool with the wing nuts and all, great way to tie it off to the tent poles.

D

Diverge

Looking awesome for your 2nd grow, hell yea.

You're all good, glad you chimed in. Love your idea with the horizontal dowel for mounting points for fans. Hard to tell but the clips look pretty cool with the wing nuts and all, great way to tie it off to the tent poles.

Thanks for the compliments. The dowel is actually a section of staircase railing from Home Depot. I used it with these photography clamps https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08N5RGS3S

I then found some stainless steel bolts with the same threads as the clamp holes, sawed off the bolt heads and used some stainless washers and stainless wingnuts. I also used a grind stone wheel to flatten the areas of the railing where wingnuts sit so everything fits nicely.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, and it is pretty easy to adjust the height if need be.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Short video update for New Years, Still cruising on auto pilot here and just watching closely.

The flowers are beautiful and I am even seeing some color coming in, some pistils are turning color and I'm even seeing a bit of purple in some of the fan leaves. If I am going by onset of blossoms, I am at about 4 weeks flowering ATM. Seems crazy that there is still 4-5 weeks left and everything looks so good already! Everything is so packed, I was worried about some mildew/mold issues, fans on full blast and the key, humidity is easily under control. I'm having a hard time keeping it up high enough for the Aether juvenile even with my large 5 gallon humidifier on full blast too. Not too worried but yea, packed in that tight and I better keep that environment under control!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Short video update for New Years, Still cruising on auto pilot here and just watching closely.

The flowers are beautiful and I am even seeing some color coming in, some pistils are turning color and I'm even seeing a bit of purple in some of the fan leaves. If I am going by onset of blossoms, I am at about 4 weeks flowering ATM. Seems crazy that there is still 4-5 weeks left and everything looks so good already! Everything is so packed, I was worried about some mildew/mold issues, fans on full blast and the key, humidity is easily under control. I'm having a hard time keeping it up high enough for the Aether juvenile even with my large 5 gallon humidifier on full blast too. Not too worried but yea, packed in that tight and I better keep that environment under control!
Wanna guess your dry weight yet? Those buds look dense

Top Bottom