Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am pumped at chance of hooking up with all you guys who give me advise, as it enables me to grow better. I was smart to take Agriculture & Horticulture which helped me understand aquaponics per @Aqua Man , you came into the picture and Max,Chem & Sporty throwing answers and sometimes having the same woes,Lol. Much Respect & big ups to the whole crew.SS
I know i have been absent lately as i have lots of changes going on but its sure nice to see such a great community of others helping others and i share that sentiment also.

@jadins_journey a few things to consider on the finishing time.

high N can extend flowering time.

switching to MH for the last 2 weeks IMO would be a better spectrum to finish with after bulking. Even 600w should be good as the plants need for photosynthesis is reduced at that stage. this spectral change will reduce IR warming of the plants which reduce plant temps but combined with the lower wattage will reduce air temps as well.

Dropping temps in the last couple weeks will promote anthocyanin production making colors pop and reduce the loss of terps and flavonoids due to heat. It will also help speed up ripening a bit.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I know i have been absent lately as i have lots of changes going on but its sure nice to see such a great community of others helping others and i share that sentiment also.

@jadins_journey a few things to consider on the finishing time.

high N can extend flowering time.

switching to MH for the last 2 weeks IMO would be a better spectrum to finish with after bulking. Even 600w should be good as the plants need for photosynthesis is reduced at that stage. this spectral change will reduce IR warming of the plants which reduce plant temps but combined with the lower wattage will reduce air temps as well.

Dropping temps in the last couple weeks will promote anthocyanin production making colors pop and reduce the loss of terps and flavonoids due to heat. It will also help speed up ripening a bit.
Appreciate the input Aqua Man. I joined this forum over 15 years ago, I'm still here for the very reasons you mentioned. People helping people for no other reason but to help.

I started cutting back on the N when the 2nd tray of Trainwreck hit 6 weeks. Seems to have made some difference. Running digital HID's and have 600 & 1K MH bulb's, will give that a shot!

Thanks again Aqua Man.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly update =

cloner - 14 days cut
IMG 0014

Veg - Was a busy week and I let these plants get light burned. The next plant to go into flower had to be topped because of it.
IMG 0008

Trainwreck - 9 weeks

IMG 0013

Trainwreck - 6.5 weeks

IMG 0012

Introducing - Bruce Banner for a return visit. This shit is no joke. Cracked one bean and cloned. First clone crop one went to flower to sex, one for a mother and another to flower if female. I think the female part is confirmed. Toss this girl and send her sister into flower to stay.

IMG 0011

IMG 0010

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Every once in a while I stumble upon something worth sharing. I bought a pre-press mold when I ordered, complete waste of money IMHO. This old sprayer bottle and a dowel rod makes loading pucks simple.

IMG 0019

IMG 0020

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
You like the 58% more than the 62% humidity packs, and I've used Boost they are good, I just bought Boveda in %62.SS
That's what I have for bud to smoke. Thinking I'm going to order the 62% to press with. Spent too much $ on my press, 😍 it. Never realized just how high a person could get from a bud alone.

jj

Madmax

Madmax

weekly update =

cloner - 14 days cut
View attachment 1308769

Veg - Was a busy week and I let these plants get light burned. The next plant to go into flower had to be topped because of it.
View attachment 1308770

Trainwreck - 9 weeks

View attachment 1308771

Trainwreck - 6.5 weeks

View attachment 1308772

Introducing - Bruce Banner for a return visit. This shit is no joke. Cracked one bean and cloned. First clone crop one went to flower to sex, one for a mother and another to flower if female. I think the female part is confirmed. Toss this girl and send her sister into flower to stay.

View attachment 1308776

View attachment 1308777

jj
Start sharpening those ✂️ and get all your munchie food ready for trim jail 😀

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Some days ya just got to toss 'em and start over. These mothers are toast, literally. LED's got another one or 3. I got really busy, they grew and I didn't drop the light intensity. Live and learn I guess. I do have the genetic lines in clones so it will just take a little extra work to get them back on a cycle. Took the opportunity and did some deep cleaning.

IMG 0051

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

I know the feeling, in my world I am busy taking care of 1 medical client 28 hrs. a week for work. 3 other "Cannanurse" clients, all private clients. Then there's the home I live in and am remodeling after 20 years neglect. Walking 2 dogs twice a day, and trying to find time to FISH & take care of my 3 tents, 1 is empty at least. It's a miracle I have 2 clones one of which I learned is difficult to clone, I got serious and did the "procedure" as clean and skilled,Lol, as I am currently possible. JJ you are King of your own destiny, enjoy it,I still have room for 1 gorilla clone if it's in the cards. Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I hear ya brother. Sometimes there just isn't enough hours in the day. I will send you some Gorilla Glue clones, it's gonna be a minute but you'll get her. She is an indoor growers plant. Wish she was in seed form. There's a cold front with zero temps and highs in the teen's in the forecast. I've mailed clones but not when it's that cold.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Veg - 3 new mothers and some Bruce Banner for flower
IMG 0060

Bruce Banner - 2 weeks - single plant

IMG 0061

Trainwreck - 10 weeks - single plant
IMG 0066

Trainwreck - 12 weeks
IMG 0069

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

When I see week 10 and it's 1 plant wow, I 'd have to buy another tent to run 4 that size as it fills that space really well. Great grow JJ,SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
When I see week 10 and it's 1 plant wow, I 'd have to buy another tent to run 4 that size as it fills that space really well. Great grow JJ,SS
Thanks SS! Did that grow for the single plant scrog thing here at the farm. I took @Aqua Man 's advice and played with the lights. Once that grow comes down in a couple I'll throw up some pics and see the difference.

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

So the Trainwreck ran 12 weeks, I just wonder if lighting will play a part in the harvesting time of my efforts as I run LED's? I just uppotted a seedling of Satin I found in a hydro bud, it's the strain which "Took my Mind back to the 70's" in a High I had 2 weeks ago. I smoked that j and the mind effect took me back, it's hard to describe the "feeling" just back in time from the taste & smell plus the effect it had on me! Was great, and I hope the seedling grows to be just like that day with the effects. I can't describe the taste or smell,Lol,Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Sounds like an interesting strain SS. Make sure to clone her!

Was cleaning up after the harvest and got these pics. From a different angle.

IMG 0071

IMG 0073

jj

Top Bottom