Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

The symmetry of that scrog and lollie, great work tuckin,Cheers and yes I sure hope that Satin makes this all worth it, SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Cloner - fresh cut day 0
IMG 0075

Veg - mother post harvest
IMG 0076

Bruce Banner - Day 0
IMG 0085

Bruce Banner - 3 weeks
IMG 0078

Trainwreck - 10 weeks
IMG 0079

IMG 0083

jj

sambapati

sambapati

Crazy that foliage is from one plant, what was it they said in the (Oliver and Company) movie,"Chain me to the wall." I remember it was a dog saying this line, Imagine if someone said you have to smoke 3 joints of that weed first thing when you woke up in the morning.....

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
If all the stars align just right these girls might be heading to the gulf coast. If not, we will try again next month but eventually Gorilla is going to float down the mighty Mississippi.

IMG 0088

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Wow, 12 weeks for Trainwreck no problem? I thought 9 would be about right. Explain Jadin. SS Oh that bruce banner looks good.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Wow, 12 weeks for Trainwreck no problem? I thought 9 would be about right. Explain Jadin. SS Oh that bruce banner looks good.
Foxtailing. That's the short answer.

For the long version 😜, this current grow of Trainwreck is my 4th from the same mother. Obviously these last 3 have been side by side. After the first grow some months back I knew going into these 3 that foxtailing is something I wanted to focus on and actually see for myself what I as the grower could do to minimize the effects.

Keeping all other variables as constant between grows as I could I looked at Nitrogen and light spectrum, thanks to @Aqua Man 's advice I took the light spectrum all the way back to Metal Halide including High Pressure Sodium and dual arc bulb's. I even know a brother that's got her under LED's. This 4th and more than likely final run of Trainwreck here in my garden finished under MH after 9 weeks of HPS.

The condensed version of my thoughts on foxtailing: it's a genetic trait that can be, to a limited extent, enhanced for limited in effect by some enviromental factors. All of which are futile, pointless and a complete waste of freaking time as most of us grind the shit up anyways. But seriously, to limit it's effect I feal your limiting the potential of the plant. I had to try it myself lol.

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Ok, that is interesting relating to the light and their different effects, foxtailing was studied as well, I do smoke the sugar leaves after a bucking down of a harvest. My growmie said the TSP were almost ready, trainwreck can continue to bulk up for a while. Both cultivars are very frosty and have 1/3 red pistols or orange. Thanks for the response,Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Now she's at 12 weeks! I was off a week SS. Trainwreck is down.

Did a rock first harvest this crop. Decent size root mass coming from a 5.5" pot. Single plant but there should be a quarter in there if she holds true to form.

IMG 0122

IMG 0125

IMG 0115

IMG 0117

IMG 0118

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

cloner- 14 days cut. Turned the light on @75ppfd. decent batch so far but the light will show who has roots
IMG 0128

Veg- mothers & 4 clones
IMG 0129

Bruce Banner - 5 weeks - single plant
IMG 0131

Bruce Banner - 2 weeks - training is over so its just 10 more weeks of watching
IMG 0130

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

Bruce Banner - 6 weeks
IMG 0139

Bruce - 3 weeks - These girls grew 6 inches in the last 2 days, f'ing crazy this last bit of stretch. There's a second trellis guess it going to be used.
IMG 0140

Bruce - I had intended to let this tray sit for a cycle. But I had a plant with no home.....
IMG 0141

Veg -
IMG 0138

Cloner - 3 weeks cut. decent batch altogether.
IMG 0137

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

What is the difference in GG4 & GG6 as I've heard of GG4 but not GG6,Cheers SS
Nevermind, I read on Google about the sativa Choclate Diesel. My growmie hermied the cut or seedling I gave him to grow. I found out his grow room is out of Kilter or Spec as "Light Leaks" ruin every run he try's and he won't listen to me so I may cut him loose soon,Dang! SS

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
What is the difference in GG4 & GG6 as I've heard of GG4 but not GG6,Cheers SS
Nevermind, I read on Google about the sativa Choclate Diesel. My growmie hermied the cut or seedling I gave him to grow. I found out his grow room is out of Kilter or Spec as "Light Leaks" ruin every run he try's and he won't listen to me so I may cut him loose soon,Dang! SS
When I ordered my Gorilla seeds it was just that, Gorilla Glue. Months later they came out with GG4, I would guess it was a particular pheno that stood out. Same for GG6. She was #6 out of the 10 seeds I bought and she is unique. Very unique. She has claimed the "people's choice award" here in my part of the world as well as the "growers delete trophy" for being such an awesome plant indoors. There, I spread all the misinformation I could for one day 🙃

As far as old men go , you can't tell 'em anything. The wife said I shouldn't go hicking in the rain but I did and my son couldn't keep up

IMG 5842

jj

Last edited:
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Pulled the one last Trainwreck out of the drier. Going back to MH at the end did in fact decrease the foxtailing but it also seemed to make a bit denser bud. 1.88 lbs.

IMG 0156

IMG 0157

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Telling another grower that they would probably be better off chopping them down and starting isn't advice I like to give. But I'm willing to take my own advice and chop this shit down and start over.

IMG 0158

IMG 0160

IMG 0161

re-veg is the short answer.
I f'ed up a light timer is the long answer. I'll harvest at the planned time, just a different genetic line

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

I agree, as I have seedlings that are puny and I am not interested in wasted media, nutriments,time especially. The barge has arrived. Monday will be a big day for clones here. My P.O. isn't open Sat. Sun. dang. SS

Top Bottom