Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly - pt2

FullGas - 3 weeks in flower. I count from the day they enter the chamber, just add 9 days to the breeders time frame. Flower time is actually based from the onset of flowers on the stalk, not how long they've been in 12/12.
This plant is unique, it's stretch is super fast in the first 10 days but instead of sending out new branches at each leaf node it just sets buds, maybe pics show it better
IMG 1125

IMG 1126

Oreoz x Okie - 4 weeks in. This was a seedling plant. Unlike FullGas, this gal branched at every node and then some. Stretch is more secondary growth than primary growth. Hell of a bush plant.
IMG 1127

IMG 1128

Chemdog #4 x Okie - 7 weeks in. All over but the fire works for this gal. She's had her N removed and pushing that P and K until the end. Buds aren't huge but getting dense.
IMG 1129

IMG 1130

IMG 1131

IMG 1132

jj

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Weekly - pt2

FullGas - 3 weeks in flower. I count from the day they enter the chamber, just add 9 days to the breeders time frame. Flower time is actually based from the onset of flowers on the stalk, not how long they've been in 12/12.
This plant is unique, it's stretch is super fast in the first 10 days but instead of sending out new branches at each leaf node it just sets buds, maybe pics show it better
View attachment 2059799
View attachment 2059800

Oreoz x Okie - 4 weeks in. This was a seedling plant. Unlike FullGas, this gal branched at every node and then some. Stretch is more secondary growth than primary growth. Hell of a bush plant.
View attachment 2059801
View attachment 2059802

Chemdog #4 x Okie - 7 weeks in. All over but the fire works for this gal. She's had her N removed and pushing that P and K until the end. Buds aren't huge but getting dense.
View attachment 2059803
View attachment 2059804
View attachment 2059805
View attachment 2059806

jj
I'm digging the FullGas, that undercarriage is really light. Looks like a perfect strain for a net?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I'm digging the FullGas, that undercarriage is really light. Looks like a perfect strain for a net?
It seems to be a good fit for scrog training that's for sure. Lack of branching makes it tricky, but every bud is in the light

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The majority of the training to get these plants ready for scrog happens in early veg. I top at 5 set of leaves on a seedling. The leaves are taken off in pairs starting at the bottom. When the branch below the leaf grows into it off it goes. I leave leaves as long as possible for the solar panel effect.

Peanut Butter Breath x C-Man hit 30 days from sprouting and it had it's last set of original fan leaves removed. She now as 10 branches with multiple nodes, she';; probably get topped one more time before flower.

IMG 1137

IMG 1138

IMG 1139

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

cloner- I am liking these Rapid Rooters, lights have been on 24 hours in this pic and they are all standing up. Thats a first lol
IMG 1146

Veg- PBB x C-Man next to go to flower. She's received all the training she'll get in veg, 10 stems all topped with 6 - 10 branches so this one is gonna be a bush hopefully. DeathStar x GoJo on board for the next spot.
IMG 1147

FullGas - 4 weeks in
IMG 1148

IMG 1153

Oreoz x Okie - 5 weeks in
IMG 1149

IMG 1152

Chemdog #4 x Okie - 8 weeks in
IMG 1150

IMG 1151

IMG 1155

IMG 1159

jj

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

weekly -

cloner- I am liking these Rapid Rooters, lights have been on 24 hours in this pic and they are all standing up. Thats a first lol
View attachment 2062991

Veg- PBB x C-Man next to go to flower. She's received all the training she'll get in veg, 10 stems all topped with 6 - 10 branches so this one is gonna be a bush hopefully. DeathStar x GoJo on board for the next spot.
View attachment 2062992

FullGas - 4 weeks in
View attachment 2062993
View attachment 2062994

Oreoz x Okie - 5 weeks in
View attachment 2062995

View attachment 2062996

Chemdog #4 x Okie - 8 weeks in
View attachment 2062997
View attachment 2062998

View attachment 2062999

View attachment 2063000

jj
They just love it! :-)

Do you check/adjust PH and EC everyday in your reservoirs?
If you don't mind, what's your reservoir routine in detail?
thanks my friend!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

thanks my friend!
Seriously! Them ladies are at attention! Sup homie! 👊🏻

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

thanks my friend!
Thanks bro.

I guess a little background would help, here's my first grow diary:

I've ran the same nutrients since then when I've grown, and not all ways cannabis, indoors. When this system was first up and running I checked the resv daily, all 5 of them. Did that for a really long time then one day I got robbed. Back in the winter it was, took shit they had no idea how to use and my nutrient testing equipment went as well. I've been meaning to replace all that stuff but never have gotten around to it.

Today, I stick a yard stick in them to check their level when they start getting low. 14 gls and they get dumped. After all that measuring and testing over the years I have an idea of what they need and when they need it and which Technaflora products they need.

Cloner and veg both feed from the same resv. flood every 3 hours for 30 minutes. 4 oz. Boost / 2 oz. Grow / 10cc ph down. Change every 10 days or when needed. PPM's 350ish. I started using 1 oz of Dr. Zyme this summer per change, keeps those trays clean😜😜

Flower Resv. - flood 30 minutes every 3 hours
-pre-flower 8oz Boost / 4oz Grow 15cc ph down 30 gl
-flower 8oz Boost / 8oz. Bloom 15cc ph down 35 gl
-late-flower 4oz Boost / 8oz Bloom 15cc down 35 gl
late-late flower 8oz Bloom 30 gl
flush - tap

this gives me the N when I need it and the PK to finish them out. There's a world of supplements out there I could use with the base products but I call it the "hydro rabbit hole" because there really is no end in what folks will tell you the plants have just got to have.

Short version to how I feed is a 3 product line and listen to your plants, they do talk to ya 😁

jj

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks bro.

I've ran the same nutrients since then when I've grown, and not all ways cannabis, indoors. When this system was first up and running I checked the resv daily, all 5 of them. Did that for a really long time then one day I got robbed. Back in the winter it was, took shit they had no idea how to use and my nutrient testing equipment went as well. I've been meaning to replace all that stuff but never have gotten around to it.

Today, I stick a yard stick in them to check their level when they start getting low. 14 gls and they get dumped. After all that measuring and testing over the years I have an idea of what they need and when they need it and which Technaflora products they need.

Cloner and veg both feed from the same resv. flood every 3 hours for 30 minutes. 4 oz. Boost / 2 oz. Grow / 10cc ph down. Change every 10 days or when needed. PPM's 350ish. I started using 1 oz of Dr. Zyme this summer per change, keeps those trays clean😜😜

flush - tap

this gives me the N when I need it and the PK to finish them out. There's a world of supplements out there I could use with the base products but I call it the "hydro rabbit hole" because there really is no end in what folks will tell you the plants have just got to have.

Short version to how I feed is a 3 product line and listen to your plants, they do talk to ya 😁

jj
Preach. Since my switch back to advanced, I have 4 bottles I use. Less is more when you listen to them. Sup homie! I got my drainaways finally, think I’m going to go grab a few lengths of 1in and a bunch of various fittings. Get to that automated system up and running soon. I’ll be hitting you up on some resv tips, if that’s cool.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thanks bro.

flush - tap

jj
thanks a lot for all that info my friend!
and you check PH and EC daily or just adjust once and again when changing to fresh reservoir solution?

Cheers!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
and you check PH and EC daily or just adjust once and again when changing to fresh reservoir solution?

Cheers!
Same with you, I may be hitting you up to inquire about your hydro rig. Between jj and yourself, I’m pretty sure I’ll have all the weapons needed in the tool box. I know it’s off topic, but you 2 are who I look to for dro ideas.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

Cheers!
I haven’t checked either since March lol. Next time I’m on Amazon….

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

Cheers!
That first diary had one purpose, to learn hydro. Told myself then I would deal with genetics later. Well, today is later.

What I took away from that first run of hydro was a concept I call “rate of change”.

When the plants drink and eat at the same rate your EC / ppm remains constant. That’s what the numbers in the previous post represent across a number of strains. I mix a batch and don’t touch it until it’s either consumed or 10 days have gone by

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Here’s a pic not many of you guys can take:

IMG 1162

A blown 1000watt dual arc light bulb. $129 when I bought it last year. Figure I’m going back straight HPS for around $30

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly -

cloner - good batch of clones. 21 days cut now with all rooted, time to start selecting down.
IMG 1178

Veg - DeathStar x GoJo up next - 3 week seedlings
IMG 1179

PBB X CMan - day 0
IMG 1180

FullGas - 5 weeks
IMG 1181

Oreoz x Okie - 6 weeks
IMG 1182

IMG 1183

IMG 1186

jj

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Weekly -

cloner - good batch of clones. 21 days cut now with all rooted, time to start selecting down.
View attachment 2065969

Veg - DeathStar x GoJo up next - 3 week seedlings
View attachment 2065970

PBB X CMan - day 0
View attachment 2065971

FullGas - 5 weeks
View attachment 2065972

Oreoz x Okie - 6 weeks
View attachment 2065973

View attachment 2065974

View attachment 2065975

jj
Them deathstar a look nice. I have one going not much older than yours. Bro, that full gas is looking crazy thick. Oreoz okie on point too. Looking great as usual homie!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Them deathstar a look nice. I have one going not much older than yours. Bro, that full gas is looking crazy thick. Oreoz okie on point too. Looking great as usual homie!
Thanks Capt. That DS/GJ cross sure does look interesting. Can't decide which one I'm going with first, I can see both sides of the family tree coming out in these 2. Might clone 'em both

Top Bottom