Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Some of the best advice I’ve ever gotten is not to commit to a mistake just because I’ve spent a lot of time making it. Don’t fight a battle with them. Life’s too short. Reset and go again. Looking great in here as usual JJ. Cheers.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I agree, as I have seedlings that are puny and I am not interested in wasted media, nutriments,time especially. The barge has arrived. Monday will be a big day for clones here. My P.O. isn't open Sat. Sun. dang. SS
I've seen runts lay around the shop floor for days just as green as when I pulled them out of the trays, that rockwool is some good stuff.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Some of the best advice I’ve ever gotten is not to commit to a mistake just because I’ve spent a lot of time making it. Don’t fight a battle with them. Life’s too short. Reset and go again. Looking great in here as usual JJ. Cheers.
Exactly.

Reset and go again

IMG 0165

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

Bruce Banner - 7 weeks, starting to show the effects of re-veg from the light f up
IMG 0175

Bruce Banner - 1 week
IMG 0177

Gorilla Glue - Day 2
IMG 0176

Veg - trimmed trained and transferred
IMG 0179

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thanks for your generous gifting, BB is something I've heard about but never tried, just like trw,gg6. It's a great opportunity and let me know in the dm what you'd like. Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks for your generous gifting, BB is something I've heard about but never tried, just like trw,gg6. It's a great opportunity and let me know in the dm what you'd like. Cheers SS
A gift is a gift brother, enjoy.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly-

Bruce Banner - 8 weeks - Single plant but she has hit some bumps in the road. She'll still drop a lb
IMG 0199

Bruce Banner - 3 weeks - Now this grow has the potential to rock. Training over, going vertical.
IMG 0197

Gorilla Glue - 1 week
IMG 0198

Veg- Cloner is taking this cycle off so the veg tray is full. Mother , flowers and clones
IMG 0200

IMG 0203

jj

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I just stumbled on your journal.....in your 1st post you called your system "low tech". Compared to me you've got a space station. I'm closet, seeds, dirt, castings, strong light, fan. I don't even know if I'll do a trellis. I have a friend giving me a few clones for the first time and I'm hoping just to not kill them. ;).

You've built a nice system, good stuff.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I just stumbled on your journal.....in your 1st post you called your system "low tech". Compared to me you've got a space station. I'm closet, seeds, dirt, castings, strong light, fan. I don't even know if I'll do a trellis. I have a friend giving me a few clones for the first time and I'm hoping just to not kill them. ;).

You've built a nice system, good stuff.
Flood & Drain is one of the older methods of hydroponic growing and one of the simplest imo. It has it drawbacks but those are easily managed with a little practice. Some form of training to expose as many bud sites as possible by day 21 of flower will be beneficial.

Thanks for stopping by this little "low tech" grow of mine. Brought to you by scrap wood, duct tape and tye wire.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
If your wanting a fast 8 week strain to bank some bud so those 12 week gals can take their time GG6 will give you just that. 9 days in flower and she is already showing. Those really are white LOL

IMG 0206

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly -

Bruce Banner - 9 weeks
IMG 0216

Bruce Banner - 4 weeks
IMG 0212

Gorilla Glue - 2 weeks
IMG 0215

Veg - thinned out, only 4 going to flower
IMG 0210

cloner/veg - results from cloning on either side are the same. I lose 1 Trainwreck no matter where it's cloned
IMG E0209

IMG 0219

jj

IMG 0214
Madmax

Madmax

id try those vacuum sealed bags or that vault stainless steel jars jj .I’ve kept mine just in those glass jars with a rubber sealed glass flip lid for a yr no probs.I don’t like storing it much longer than that though..

SSgrower

SSgrower

I too have the 1/2 pound, never measured, jars with the metal pull-down sealer. I understand a year is about the limit without freezing,huh. Cheers Max & JJ. SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
id try those vacuum sealed bags or that vault stainless steel jars jj .I’ve kept mine just in those glass jars with a rubber sealed glass flip lid for a yr no probs.I don’t like storing it much longer than that though..
I'll have to try the vac seals Max. I've got one of those machines somewhere. Never did use it much so it should still work, it's been sitting for 20 years lol forgot about it.

I've tried mason jars and heat sealed bags. Both get stale

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Cloning day. Like most things regarding cannabis, there's lots of styles. Here's mine:

healthy mothers, or it's a waste of time
IMG 0227

I want 2 leaf nodes below the surface. Preferably one in the rock wool and one at the bottom.
IMG 0228

IMG 0229

I split the rockwool 1/2 way through, insert cutting then a liberal injection of clonex
IMG 0230

I flood and partially fill with hydroton, sit cutting then fill.
IMG 0231

IMG 0232

If it's a hard to clone genetic line, or I need cuttings without 2 nodes then I will very gently scratch the stem
IMG 0234

IMG 0233

I clone without direct light. 14 days then give it some rays.
IMG 0237

it's not a perfect system but it is consistent. 7/8 is the norm.
IMG 0238

jj

Top Bottom