dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mcprp

I just make ice hash , comes out great . Seems a lot easier than your method but I respect your method also . Nice job !

Last edited:
M

Mcprp

6DA1B68B FB64 46AF 8A5C BF149B78B6B7

TSD

TSD

@GNick55 Is it better to use super dry bud, or stuff with a normalish moisture content? All the stuff I plan on using has been in jars, so I imagine it could be drier... does the plant material crumble and go through the screens more if it's bone dry, or is that par for the course and it gets caught by the next screen anyway?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
@GNick55 Is it better to use super dry bud, or stuff with a normalish moisture content? All the stuff I plan on using has been in jars, so I imagine it could be drier... does the plant material crumble and go through the screens more if it's bone dry, or is that par for the course and it gets caught by the next screen anyway?
drier the better, just trust the nitrile glove cleaning method, works like a charm and you have 4 screens so you’ll be fine.. it’s like your first time say riding a bike, scared but you want to and once you do, the thought is why didn’t i do this earlier..
if your method is hot bottle pressing than yes you’ll have to clean it- 75 micron.. but right after sifting before anything else you should collect up what’s underneath the 75 (on table) and set aside, can’t clean it but heads will be in there so after cleaning the 75 i’ll add that to it.. but after cleaning the 75 the stuff that falls through that time will mostly all be broken up contaminate (garbage)..

Dothraki

Dothraki

I was planning on using the hot bottle method…but with 110 micron. Would there be a better method or is it just that you want it to melt together better, so cleaner would go easier? Aside from quality difference of course.

M

Mcprp

Ice hash? Bubble wash? 🤷‍♂️
Sorry , never heard the term bubble wash .Where does the term bubble wash come from ? doesn’t even make sense to me . And it’s very easy to make ice hash . To be honest , I don’t want my hash to be a tar ball . I like to leave it pressed thin until it dries and I break it in to a powder . Much quicker results and easier to smoke . You just sprinkle a little in with the bud your smoking . To each his own !

M

Mcprp

Sorry , never heard the term bubble wash .Where does the term bubble wash come from ? doesn’t even make sense to me . And it’s very easy to make ice hash . To be honest , I don’t want my hash to be a tar ball . I like to leave it pressed thin until it dries and I break it in to a powder . Much quicker results and easier to smoke . You just sprinkle a little in with the bud your smoking . To each his own !
I don’t even think the taste and high effect is any different between the 110 micron and the 75 micron . I usually mix them together my self . Theees no way there’s that much of a difference in taste and quality . Both taste just like hash oil and get you high as hell .

M

Mcprp

How can you have contaminate garbage between the 110 and 75 micron . Garbage ? I don’t get it .

SSgrower

SSgrower

Following this thread as I have a dry sift trim tray 150 micron screen, how can I maximize my effort? Thanks SS P.S. never sifted for hash before, I have smoked the sugar cube size hash cubes when I was young, blonde lebonese, ect. Thanks SS

M

Mcprp

you talking about ice hash or dry sifting?
Either or really ! I’m talking about contaminated garbage . The only contaminated garbage that I know about is the first screen . To call anything after the first screen contaminated garbage seems strange to me , that’s all . Garbage ! Lol , send the garbage my way . I’ll throw it away for you .,

TSD

TSD

Either or really ! I’m talking about contaminated garbage . The only contaminated garbage that I know about is the first screen . To call anything after the first screen contaminated garbage seems strange to me , that’s all . Garbage ! Lol , send the garbage my way . I’ll throw it away for you .,
I think @GNick55 is after the purest form of hash possible... and I don't think it's technically even hash if it's still full of plant matter... I think true hash aims to be almost 100% pure trichomes... otherwise it's basically just kief... correct me if I'm wrong GNick.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok i think you missed read my post about garbage.. either it’s when i was cleaning the 75 sift on the 75 screen so everything that fell beneath is garbage..
use your loupe if you have a good quality one like a triplett and you’ll see heads, or hairs and broken up plant material etc or a mix of all three..
if you have a 4 screen dry sift set than the top screen is working screen to work on what falls on next screen needs to be sifted also to allow the heads that got stuck within the garbage to fall through to the next screen..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I think @GNick55 is after the purest form of hash possible... and I don't think it's technically even hash if it's still full of plant matter... I think true hash aims to be almost 100% pure trichomes... otherwise it's basically just kief... correct me if I'm wrong GNick.
yes for the most part, though i don’t need to have 100% heads, that’s usually for people who do dabbing etc i think.. or in competitions..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes for the most part, though i don’t need to have 100% heads, that’s usually for people who do dabbing etc i think.. or in competitions..
you think people who make hash in hash making countries are going for 100% heads to make hash, no but they clean it.. i have a video somewhere, i’ll find and repost..

M

Mcprp

I said almost lol... I feel like zero plant matter is near impossible.
I’m definitely not mocking the sift method . The whole thing seems great but I am going to stick to my guns when I say I like my hash in a crumpled powder form . Even if the ball or cube dry which takes way longer in that form , if you break off a small piece and smoke just that , it turns into a resin ball and it doesn’t go out easy so it keeps burning while your not ready for the next hit and that is wasteful too . That why I like it in a powdery form and just sprinkle some in with the bud I’m smoking . Otherwise your better off with dab so you only take one small hit at a time . I don’t know , this probably sounds crazy to you so it’s hard for me to explain . Doesn’t matter , to each his own like I said

M

Mcprp

I’m definitely not mocking the sift method . The whole thing seems great but I am going to stick to my guns when I say I like my hash in a crumpled powder form . Even if the ball or cube dry which takes way longer in that form , if you break off a small piece and smoke just that , it turns into a resin ball and it doesn’t go out easy so it keeps burning while your not ready for the next hit and that is wasteful too . That why I like it in a powdery form and just sprinkle some in with the bud I’m smoking . Otherwise your better off with dab so you only take one small hit at a time . I don’t know , this probably sounds crazy to you so it’s hard for me to explain . Doesn’t matter , to each his own like I said

BDEAB388 8A80 4214 AF5E D057F83888C9
Top Bottom