• Start date
  • Tagged users None
whatthe215

whatthe215

@grower4life PHYSAN 20
physan20pt-web.jpg

grower4life

grower4life

@WT215 thank you! I guess if I spelled it rite that would have helped lol.
Now to due the recearch

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Capulator thats what I'm saying it takes everything unique about any specific genetic and reverts them back their main frame, a <5% hemp plant.

Yeah man the only thing I can think of is it is mutating to survive. Darwin. Do yours grow more vigorously in veg? Mine sure as hell did. It didn't skip a beat like the rest when I threw it in flower and ended up taking 1/4 of the bed when it only had a 1/9th of allocated real estate. lol.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Yeah man the only thing I can think of is it is mutating to survive. Darwin. Do yours grow more vigorously in veg? Mine sure as hell did. It didn't skip a beat like the rest when I threw it in flower and ended up taking 1/4 of the bed when it only had a 1/9th of allocated real estate. lol.

no mine grow like shit....about half pace everything else.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Fuck. I wish they grew better I am hoping to isolate similarities in this discussion not have everyone show what they (think) are duds.

Do yours have the short node. glossy leave, different serration?

N

nightmarecreature

"Vigorous-growing lateral shoots were observed emerging from certain pepper cultivars infected with cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) about 2 years after infection. They exhibited no CMV symptoms."

TMV infected! This looks like that weird wrinkling.

Last edited:
T

toquer

i got a lemon skunk right now in flower that is a dud. i knew it going it, but again, what the hell. i knew it in veg too and didn't take cuts from it. treated it just like the others, but i think i'm going to change something today. so my thoughts...

i don't think it's anything any specific grower is doing wrong. it's an infection causing the metabolism of certain elements in the soil forcing the plant to react a certain way. i could digress on this a lot more about how the plant talks to the soil, but i'm sure we all have heard various theories...

it's glossy and shiny just like everybody else's gets when this happens - according to Jorge in the bible (K) when deficient leaves loose their luster. but it's just the opposite. plant is more brilliant than the others. excess K causes a deficiency of Mg, Mn, Zn, Fe. So ionically the plant isn't balanced in my opinion. add to that in the soil there is now an excess of P dragging in Nitrates limiting Zn, Fe & Cu uptake. However, a plant with excess K will appear healthy initially. Also in this environment Na could be replacing Ca.

Trichotinol (sp) when using excess bloom boosters and bud hardners will force crystals to emerge since both of those inhibit crystal production.

i'm going to have to think about this, but what i might do is just load up the plant with snowstorm from Humboldt County own and grab some purple max and see what that does. I've also got g-10 an "experimental" product from the guys that is supposed to increase the co2 uptake.

we'll see what happens. but no more NPK for this one. I've also got a sample of tarantula and pirranah both of which contain Ca & Fe and the piranah has Mg. might recolonize the root zone with a healthy dose of those too. sorry Cap, i would use yours but i want to modify the mineral concentration downstairs at the same time.

will need to check the pH of it too. not sure if it's far off from the others.

grower4life

grower4life

Are most of you using co2? I stopped about a year ago trying to just go back to old school basics to remove one more possibility, I'm trying it again at a low level ( 700 ppm) so room is going from. ( 550 to 700) and that includes the over shooting. Trying to get the yield up a bit. Any thoughts?

This is interesting. There is a lot of info out there about other types of plants and DNA rearrangement, witch is my guess of what's going on with the duds.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1360138503003066

Assessment of microsporogenesis in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum, cultivars Fachel, Nistru and Prizior) infected with tomato aspermy virus or potato virus X and barley (Hordeum vulgare L., cultivars Galactic, Sonor, Unirea) infected with barley stripe mosaic virus showed deviations in the conjugation of homologous chromosomes and segregation of genetic material, expressed in the disruption of chromatin cohesion between homologous chromosomes. The evidence of meiotic division in targeted genotypes indicates the effect of viral infection on chiasmata number and position, promoting the redistribution of chiasmata. On the basis of cytological study, significant changes and the induction of additional exchanges offset by asynapsis were established in early diakinesis. Different parameters, determined at particular stages of meiosis, such as chromosome aberration and the mean percentage of abnormal pollen mother cells, served as cytogenetic evaluation of microsporogenesis in virus-infected tomato or barley cultivars. The study of meiotic stability in anaphase and telophase I and II revealed a significant increase in different types of abnormalities: elimination or/and lagging chromosomes, formation of chromosome and chromatid bridges with or without fragments. Reviewed examples provide data regarding genetic rearrangements in host plants as a response to viral infection.

Last edited:
delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Fuck. I wish they grew better I am hoping to isolate similarities in this discussion not have everyone show what they (think) are duds.

Do yours have the short node. glossy leave, different serration?

Mine grow like shit too. They don't drink nearly as fast as the healthy plants. That being said though some will even look totally fine in veg and then they just stop at about 1' tall and pull the ol' switch-a-roo on me and get choked out by the canopy.

SpiderK

SpiderK

can someone pull one good plant and one bad of the same cut at the same time & .... then post detailed pictures of each root zone.

Dorje

Dorje

Mine grow like shit too. They don't drink nearly as fast as the healthy plants. That being said though some will even look totally fine in veg and then they just stop at about 1' tall and pull the ol' switch-a-roo on me and get choked out by the canopy.

Yup, much slower growth, especially early in veg.... there they also show bleaching, and the bleached-out leaves will fill back in with green. It's very odd.

With the right strain they will outgrow the slow growth and bleaching and look like normal plants until 3-4 weeks into flower where it catches back up with them, fan leaves die off too quickly and health starts declining leading to the 25-35% reduction in yields.

whatthe215

whatthe215

lol i feel like a crazy person checking 4 different dud threads on 4 different forums. learning lots though.

i'll throw some gas on the fire GS :)

from Sam Skunkman, post #23 on the rags dud thread

Sam_Skunkman;6351308 said:
Bacteria:

Molecular characterization of Aster yellows (16SrI) group
phytoplasma infecting Cannabis sativa in eastern Uttar Pradesh

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDQQFjAF&url=http://epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal/index.php/IPPJ/article/download/6028/2431&ei=4aJ4U47DKsyWqAbb_4CwCA&usg=AFQjCNGVM0vob3Hf8Is_wFo2XtdFB5TGSQ&bvm=bv.66917471,d.b2k

New Disease Reports (2008) 17, 16.
'Candidatus Phytoplasma asteris' (group 16SrI) associated with a witches'-broom disease of Cannabis sativa in India
S.K. Raj*, S. K. Snehi, M.S. Khan and S. Kumar

Plant Virology, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow-2260 01, U.P., India

http://www.ndrs.org.uk/article.php?id=017016

Indian Journal of Scientific Research
Year : 2011, Volume : 2, Issue : 4
First page : ( 121) Last page : ( 124)

Witche's Broom and Phyllody Like Symptoms of Diseases in Acalypha indica L. and Cannabis sativa L.- A New Report from Champaran, North Bihar

Singh R.B.a,1, Gupta P.K.b
Cytogenetics Lab., P.G. Deptt. of Botany, M.S. College, Motihari, Bihar
Research Plantica, Near S.N.S. College, Motihari, Bihar,

http://iijfmt.indianjournals.com/ijor.aspx?target=ijor:ijsr1&volume=2&issue=4&article=024

If you only focus on viruses or insects, you miss bacterial disease....
-SamS

Also found similar problems in China and Iran.

Title: First report of witches’-broom disease in a Cannabis species and its association with a phytoplasma of elm yellows group (16SrV)
Authors
Zhao, Yan
Sun, Qingrong - TAIAN PEOPLES REP CHINA
Davis, Robert
Lee, Ing Ming
Liu, Qingzhong - TAIAN PEOPLES REP CHINA
Submitted to: Plant Disease
Publication Type: Peer Reviewed Journal
Publication Acceptance Date: October 15, 2006
Publication Date: February 1, 2007
Citation: Zhao, Y., Sun, Q., Davis, R.E., Lee, I., Liu, Q. 2007. First report of witches’-broom disease in a Cannabis species and its association with a phytoplasma of elm yellows group (16SrV). Plant Disease. 91:227.

http://apsjournals.apsnet.org/doi/abs/10.1094/PDIS-91-2-0227C

Characterization of Stolbur (16SrXII) Group Phytoplasmas Associated with Cannabis sativa Witches'-broom Disease in Iran
AUTHOR(S)Sichani, Fereshteh Vali; Bahar, Masoud; Zirak, Leila
PUB. DATEDecember 2011
Plant Pathology Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p161

http://docsdrive.com/pdfs/ansinet/ppj/2011/161-167.pdf
http://www.oalib.com/paper/2284171

-SamS

Witches Broom damage found in India:

Top Bottom