• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

ok so...

fuck.. lol

THIS IS A THING THAT CAN SPREAD

"As the aster yellows phytoplasmas are transmitted by insects that are present in abundance in this region, there is potential for this disease to spread in the future."

source:

the government colonized this bacteria in BM and tried fucking us..right up the ass.. jk. but maybe

this is why you shouldnt trade clones over continents

IT WAS PROGRESSIVE OPTIONS!! lol. jus fuckin around ive seen peeps say they work with the gov on super bugs :bag:

next thing u know canna-round up will be the only thing to fix it.

but seriously tho dont laugh at me, i dont think i have duds, BUT i did get plants from someone who has, so this has me worried... can we give plants anti biotics?

does E20 work against viral bacteria?

this is no bueno

more

"the insect vectors of subgroup 16SrI-C phytoplasma strains in Lithuania and neighboring countries remain unknown, emphasizing the need for future investigations to understand how these phytoplasmas spread in the Baltic region"

source
http://www.lmaleidykla.lt/ojs/index.php/biologija/article/viewFile/733/186

AKA HEMP RUSSET MITES

they bring this bullshit with them

thats the reason folks plants take forever to bounce back (if ever) after a BM/HRM infection, because its a literal viral infection

and if this is the case cant it be spread thru successive generations of seed?

Last edited:
BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Could not find this prob on the thread yet...This used to happen to my J.H. when I was growing in the coal room. I just attributed it to dank, icky growing enviroment. Now, these two "widow" clones were given to me, showed mite eggs and went outside... A good hosin' off and some ladybugs cleaned em off and now 1 has started my dreaded ....... 3 leaflet syndrome.....
Was growing fine then nothing but 3 leaflet leaves. If it follows my others from long ago it will be stunted, grow slowly, leaves will begin to twist...
I always just culled them, never trying to flower them( I needed the room) but she is outside...so...wait n see?? Anybody familiar?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LOL I too posted this a few pages back greyskull. MUTATION!!!
And I've been watching for witch's brooms now, and I can see that my best-growing hybrid poplar grows shit-tons of this kind of growth. But it's a healthy plant and it's never intended to flower, so....

grower4life

grower4life

I gota stop looking at this thread lol, seems like my mind is playing tricks on me, no but for real I had a fire OG mom that was at the end of its life and I took cuts to try and save her, the cuts rooted fine but had that bs look to them , in the last few days it looks like 2 or 3 r looking the way they should, next round I'm Gona take a few cuts and flower them just to see. Also like I said I've had tones of duds but a figured out how to get around them, the more I look at this thread the more issue I make myself think I have, been doing this for dam near 2 decades and I no that I can't jump to conclusions till the fat lady sings. So with that being said I'm Gona have some teens tested and done cuts/ moms leaves at a local lab that has already tested @ 186183 and his shit came back positive for TMV and we have swapped cuts hear and there in the past few years. Gona go get the HIV test and till I no for sure I got it I'm just Gona keep up wit the preventive maintenance. Ill check in here and there and will post test.

green punk

green punk

I thought I would cast this out there.

Has anyone having these issues tried using any of the enzyme products to assist in recovery or prevention of these occurrences/symptoms.

Dorje

Dorje

Can't say any of the bennies made any difference... wasn't expecting much but growth rates have not picked up. Super..... Slow..... Veg....... :arghh: :bawling: :sour: :wtf:

soserthc1

soserthc1

mites and heat have seem to be the major issues , I was having , gotta believe the bugs are some how affecting the over all health of the plants , now the clones still look sad but all the new seedlings are fine and the few old plants that were tossed outside appear to be growing healthy but sometimes its better to just get a clean start and then stop accepting infected plants - hope everyone else is working out there issues , sucks being down but is what it is

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Can't say any of the bennies made any difference... wasn't expecting much but growth rates have not picked up. Super..... Slow..... Veg....... :arghh: :bawling: :sour: :wtf:

How's your seed stock looking?

outwest

Dorje

Dorje

How's your seed stock looking?

outwest

Ok but could be better... seeds are not in short supply, but the issue is I'd want to take down and clean up everything before popping them if I do it here, so I really need a remote location to work with... Probably a good idea to start lining something up. Shit, in the near future we may need clean rooms with a decontamination chamber/airlock to be able to grow a simple plant! :wideyed:

The other issue is that it would be helpful to know how the plants are getting infected around here so we can attempt to avoid reinfection. It may be insects spreading it instead of it spreading by trading clones. There is some anecdotal evidence insects might be the vector of contamination by myself and Skitty as well as it being listed in info I have read on the web.

urban1026835

urban1026835

So is it recommended that I give my seed stock an h202 wash? At what dilution?

I am on the east so no worry about contaminated cuts(they only travel one way from here) thinking untill I go out to visit fam and can be sure I am getting something clean NO cut will touch my garden.

Dorje

Dorje

So is it recommended that I give my seed stock an h202 wash? At what dilution?

I am on the east so no worry about contaminated cuts(they only travel one way from here) thinking untill I go out to visit fam and can be sure I am getting something clean NO cut will touch my garden.

I would. I have used 3 mL/gak of 29% H2O2 in aerocloners with good success in the past, and I would also consider soaking them in physan 20 as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Milk to prevent human-vectored viruses, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has some effect against fungi as well. It's too easy to incorporate, I'm pretty sure I posted a link to the pdf a few pages back.

http://www.ct.gov/caes/lib/caes/pdi...h_tunnel_tomato_diseases_11-03-09_handout.pdf

Oddly enough, I find myself wondering about honey in some form. As far as I know raw honey has antimicrobial qualities and was used in the past to dress wounds, yes? Different scenario, but who knows, what if something so easily accessible and relatively safe to use, as milk, could help? Just throwin' it out there.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Plant diseases interfere with one or more of the working functions of the plant such as absorbing water or nutrients. This interference reduces the plant's ability to grow and produce the flowers, fruits, nuts, etc. we grow it for. Some of these diseases are caused by environmental factors such as nutrient deficiencies, soil moisture or temperature extremes. Often bacterial diseases are transmitted by rain, wind, soil or seed. Many of the harmful vectors are transmitted by insects either accidentally as they move from plant to plant or by a specific vector that moves a specific pathogen from one plant to another of the same species.

Insects transmit the pathogens in three main ways.

First, many insects transmit bacteria and fungal spores by feeding in or walking on a part of an infected plant that has the bacteria or spores on its surface. The bacteria and spores are often sticky and cling to the visiting insect. As the insect travels from plant to plant, it deposits the offenders to a new plant.

Second, some insects can transmit certain fungi, bacteria or viruses by feeding on an infected plant and carrying the pathogen on their mouthparts as they visit and feed on other plants.

Third, the pathogen can be transmitted internally within the digestive system and salivary glands of the vector.

Depending upon the involved pathogen, the vector can transmit the infection immediately after feeding on an infected host, but some require a period of incubation and circulation within the vector before they can be transmitted. Aphids, for example, are known to transmit many plant viruses immediately after feeding on an infected host plant. They fly from plant to plant making probing attempts to feed before they settle in on one plant to continuously feed and reproduce. Each plant that they visited can be infected quickly. The glassy-winged sharp-shooter transmits Pierce's disease, a bacterial disease which threatened the wine industry, by leaving droplets of their waste as they feed on the wide variety plants they find enticing.

http://www.marinij.com/homeandgarde...deners-some-insects-can-spread-diseases-among

Shamus

Shamus

OK so..

salicylic motha fuckin acid

when infected by a virus, cannabis produces salicylic acid.. and it then boosts the immune system of the plant to fight the virus

sooo, just use it from get go, and boost that immune system, to help ward off the duddage

has anyone who had a prolific duddage switched to aptus?
people mentioned jackmayoffer has talked about the duddage.. he uses aptus and didnt before
@JACKMAYOFFER is there less duddage with aptus?

this is my only contribution to the dudscussion, i knew it all along just didnt put the two and two together.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Much research on vector transmission seeks to understand the transmission process so as to explain why only certain kinds of insects or mites can serve as vectors and to identify what factors are required for transmission.

Most vectors of plant viruses are sucking insects in the order Homoptera[5]

X-rays capture the location of radioactive isotope-labeled virus (cluster of tiny black spots) on the very slender probing stylets of an aphid
Aph

Chart

http://nature.berkeley.edu/~rodrigoalmeida/Lab page/papers/Purcell05.pdf

Top Bottom