Dudded, Stunted, and Runted plants...

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I think the root pack has streptomyces lydicus WYEC and trichoderma t-22 (root shield) at higher concentrations. No need to waste your money on more.

Nute pack has azos and glomus.

I am not even sure if it's in there, but if it were I imagine it would be the same strain... ;)

you think???
how do you not know if its in there isn't this your product?

N

nightmarecreature

Whatever you do is only going to supress it. As soon as conditions are not right, ph, over fed, under fed, too hot, too cold, ect...ect, it's going to rear it's ugly head.
It's like pissing in the wind.

This is what is going to be required. A complete room tear down. Heat treatment or chemical cleaning of the room. New fans! Fans carry all kinds of nasty shit! Cleaning of Blowers,Pots,buckets, tools and anything that has come in contact with your plants, boiled or steam sterilized.

Start over from seed and treat the seed coat. Trisodium Phosphate is a couple bucks at Lowes. Then pray the embryo
Is not infected with TMV.

If you want to keep your clone only's, Tissue Cultures are the only way.

Or you can continue to grow and keep these cuts as healthy as you can and just throw away the duds and sick cuts.

I'm working on preserving the pure OG's but its going to take time, it's a slow process.

Dorje

Dorje

Whatever you do is only going to supress it. As soon as conditions are not right, ph, over fed, under fed, too hot, too cold, ect...ect, it's going to rear it's ugly head.
It's like pissing in the wind.

This is what is going to be required. A complete room tear down. Heat treatment or chemical cleaning of the room. New fans! Fans carry all kinds of nasty shit! Cleaning of Blowers,Pots,buckets, tools and anything that has come in contact with your plants, boiled or steam sterilized.

Start over from seed and treat the seed coat. Trisodium Phosphate is a couple bucks at Lowes. Then pray the embryo
Is not infected with TMV.

If you want to keep your clone only's, Tissue Cultures are the only way.

Or you can continue to grow and keep these cuts as healthy as you can and just throw away the duds and sick cuts.

I'm working on preserving the pure OG's but its going to take time, it's a slow process.

Yeah, that is likely.

But I think it might work for strains that are already resistant. I have some strains that look almost normal and produce ok with the disease... if you didn't know better you'd think the plants were fine, but they do show weird symptoms and yield is down about 25-35%.

The question is, can we get the plants to grow healthy, disease-free growing tips big enough to take clones from? If just the very tip of the meristem is clean then we need tissue culture but I think it may be possible to save some plants without resorting to it.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
@delae632 curious as if you were having these issues pre - kloner trouble as I remember you posting that all your clones were not rooting in ez-cloners and you were going back to domes as I 'm really thinking this issue has started in my Kloner and spread from there as even the healthy cuts are looking sick in my cloner now but all new seed growth is fine .... ??

Yes, 3 years prior to using an ez cloner I was seeing duds.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

im pretty sure an open internet forums statements wouldnt hold up in court.... he could tell real farmers whats really in it, cause they would want to know and deserve to if its an end product thats digested.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Iv had 3 plants dud on me during the 14 years of growing indoors. They were all in the past 18 months. All were grown in soil using pots. All organic with exception of my veg and bloom base which is PBP. I used rapid rooters for all these clones and have been using the same RO system for all the duds. I have changed the filters on the regular and my water supply is from a community well.
The three duds were just one plant of each of the following....
Tahoe og (original cut)
Fruity pebble og (aliens cut)
Sledgehammer bubba (aliens cut)

Iv seen all three of those strains grown out many times by people who got them from the same source as me. I even grew those strains after the dud and they were fine. Unless something can be narrowed down I just always chalked it up to my clone and veg cycle on those plants.

The one notable thing I see everyone say (unless I missed some) is they can tell in veg what is gonna be a dude.... therefor the answer must be found by looking at the cloning process or the early veg process. Only way I see it. In my head I have a hard time thinking it's a virus if it's not happening every time the plant is cloned.

true grit

true grit

After following this thread, ( I have not read every post) I wonder how many of these occurrences can be blamed on getting cuts from people that are their culls, ( culls handed down to beggars , happens a lot). Thinking you can nurse them back etc. Or having a cutting that typically would be a cull and have it be your only survivor, and keeping her as a mom to perpetuate the strain.

As for this dud branch theory... not sure I can take that one as a truth. A shitty little sick, runt ass plant that should be culled sure is certainly is a possibility. This theory of a dud branch on an otherwise health plant, not so much. Perhaps that branch didn't get enough light or, that was crowded during veg and never really prospered in flower...

Where are the posts from the (supposed) big dogs who post only success on these sites, in this thread. I directed Jacks attention here, nada. Maybe some of the posters here in this thread are big dogs, but I can't tell from my view from this vantage point. But there are many who posture as big dogs who have yet to mention any thing. I think that if this situation is as common as this thread is boiling it down to be, it would be happening in the (supposed) massive gardens ( thousands of plants (cuttings)posted here.

Well sorry, but you are incorrect. The dud branch is not a theory, it happens. An entirely healthy plant with plenty of light, possibly in a more stressful position in the room- but still had dud branches. A couple ounces of healthy nugs right next to it. Have seen it happen a few times myself. Not a theory bud.

Not sure what you're looking for as far as qualifications, but shouldn't matter whether its skilled joe blow getting a few duds a year or someone with a more intense problem- its still a problem.

I too agree, there are just some unhealthy plants or plants with other issues posted in this thread, but the larger consensus is the dud issue is an issue.

@SMF- We are saying that some can be spotted in veg, but not all. The partial duds and a few full duds were perfectly fine going in. But i believe it was roots issues once they hit flower.

true grit

true grit

The thing is TMV doesn't just show up as blotches on leaves this is what people don't understand. It has so many different symptoms. It shows different on every strain I have done. Only two strains have showed the classic mosaic symptoms.

Even ive seen any of the other symptoms, there is zero effect on yield or finished product when things finish. Not like duds, there is clear difference in end product, growth, etc.

Also to point out the fact that veg duds veg as hardily and healthier as every plant not affected.

grower4life

grower4life

I see them come from the moms and most of the time I can spot them as im taken cuts and mark it with a tag that says (weird) and im always on point but I will say that a few sneak by me and I don't spot them till veg and then its clean as day there duds.

With that being said im not so sure its happening from a cloning issue.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Let's try to narrow some things down one by one, shall we?

My dud was from a mom, sporatic mutant shit. I guess I got lucky and only one of 36 cuts I took were dud (probably took a part of the dud branch is my guess, before I coddl tell it was different or maybe right when it was changing). I noticed in veg, that the dud was MORE VIGOROUS. Forget about structure/glossy leaf/horizontal growing, shitty buds etc...

It was MORE vigorous than the normal ones in veg.

So my question to everyone is are their duds also more vigorous in veg mode?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Ive never been able 2 spot the dud till mid bloom when I didnt see frost... the dud was lookin like all the others..

even when some pics r posted its hard 2 tell what there complaining about. .

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Again here is my dud (branch on bottom, not in my hand):

imag0870-jpg.399191

And here is @We Solidarity 's dud.

img_20140308_132850074-jpg.406818

They look the same to me, and what is intersting is that I am sure his photo and mine are not the same strains.

Perhaps there is a reverting back to an old trait. Like straight ruderalis or something, in order to protect itself from stress and survive. I don' think the plant cares if the flowers aren't A+, only we do.

Last edited:
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Again here is my dud (branch on bottom, not in my hand):

imag0870-jpg.399191

And here is @We Solidarity 's dud.

img_20140308_132850074-jpg.406818

They look the same to me, and what is intersting is that I am sure his photo and mine are not the same stains.

Perhaps there is a reverting back to an old trait. Like straight ruderalis or something, in order to protect itself from stress and survive. I don' think the plant cares if the flowers aren't A+, only we do.
Thats nuts or maybe I am>>>>> but I like how the dud looks!!! I would of thought the dud was doing better then the good plant posted. ...SMH!! I have seen lil nice lookin shiny leafs & it sure was the dud like version of my cookies. . My cookie cut never 100% duds its like 65% dudish <<<< that cookie dud I juss chopped it up as my bad>>>> but that fucker had the lil leafs..>>>>>>> & my dumb ass thought she looked pimpin when I flowered her... Till she dudded!! LOL she was a runt platinum cookie & I juss thought she was picky & grew extra extra slow..

grower4life

grower4life

the one on the right has the classic dud look! smaller leaves fingers are closer together, node sites are closer together, more horizontal growth than vertical. even if its not the same strain as plant on left its a dud!

grower4life

grower4life

lol MG me to the very first time it happened to me till alf way through flowering and the room and fruit had no smell other than plant material. harvest time came (PISSED) trim time (FUKING PISSED) LOL

grower4life

grower4life

I just talked with a buddy and he was telling me theres a product called VIZAN TWENTY that's some sort of cleaning solution for all ur trays res and tools, sounds like he did a great job of reducing his probs majorly, he said he thought it was a GH product but I cant seem to tract it down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom