Duds; Is It A Virus?

• Thread starter Ricksauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mack 10

mack 10

I got it here... Some really excellent info and some secrets...
And it's also a fun coffee table book... Lots of conversational topics on growing techniques.:)
fun yeah but at,$500 they can forget it.
think I'll write my own book.

ken dog

ken dog

It's a very well done book... If I had an opportunity, would I return it for a refund or keep it?

I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid if they weren't available anymore.

N

nightmarecreature

I struggled with this issue since 2009. Two years ago, I figured out EXACTLY what it is and how to fix it. I have clone onlys as old as 1986 and OGs as old as 1991 and I can get them to root in rockwool in 5 days. Before, it would take 21-25 days to root them. People used to try and clown me for talking about this issue, like the leaves going yellow in week 1 even after a heavy dose of Nitrogen. After figuring out the cause, they are asking me for advise lol. Im not about to give up years of work and have all my credit stolen. Its pretty sad but I will let the community figure it out, if they ever do.

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I struggled with this issue since 2009. Two years ago, I figured out EXACTLY what it is and how to fix it. I have clone onlys as old as 1986 and OGs as old as 1991 and I can get them to root in rockwool in 5 days. Before, it would take 21-25 days to root them. People used to try and clown me for talking about this issue, like the leaves going yellow in week 1 even after a heavy dose of Nitrogen. After figuring out the cause, they are asking me for advise lol. Im not about to give up years of work and have all my credit stolen. Its pretty sad but I will let the community figure it out, if they ever do.

crazy...you found a way to get the plants to break down calcium oxalate crystals? or something that kills the viruses systemically?

Natural

Natural

All about caring and sharing eh creature? lol I got skva and Legend to respond to organic feeds and chitin oligosacharide..LHB is another story..but they all root in 2 weeks or less.

Natural

Natural

@nightmarecreature

Humbodlt

S

Sticky Buds

Virus testing is possible in the field, via immunostrip tests from companies like Agdia. If you have confirmed the presence of TMV in the symptomatic plants, I think it would be valuable to see if you can cause asymptomatic clones to develop the same symptoms, by infecting them with the sap of your TMV infected plants. TMV is one of the only viruses spread via friction, and not by insect vectors, and is therefore easy to experiment with. You could simply use a garlic press to squeeze sap out of infected plants, and then rub the sap on uninfected clones, using an abrasive such as sand mixed with the sap. The abrasive compound is not normally necessary for TMV transmission, but may be used in an experimental setting to insure transmission of the virus. Once you've confirmed that the clones are infected with TMV, it would be valuable to see if you can get the same symptoms to develop in the clones. This experiment would show whether or not TMV is causing the symptoms, or just happens to be present in the symptomatic plants.

M

Mitygrows

I got half a room that looks like it dudded I'v never had this problem before with the cuts I normally run but I picked up some cuts from Harborside in Oakland and now I think I have a dudded problem should I yank them remove all the soil and start new or should I just finish them they are on week five of flower this strain is sunset sherbert I'm pretty sure it was from the bakery at Harborside.but have you ever seen half of a room dudded or just a few plants in a room. I'll post pics in a little bit

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I got half a room that looks like it dudded I'v never had this problem before with the cuts I normally run but I picked up some cuts from Harborside in Oakland and now I think I have a dudded problem should I yank them remove all the soil and start new or should I just finish them they are on week five of flower this strain is sunset sherbert I'm pretty sure it was from the bakery at Harborside.but have you ever seen half of a room dudded or just a few plants in a room. I'll post pics in a little bit
Absolutely! Duds will also come up on one or two branches and the rest of the plant will be fine. Dispensary clones are always a risk for duds.

daggarooker

daggarooker

I have this problem as well, off a cheese mother that has been stable for 5+years. It's killing me and frustrating that I cannot find a solution. I'm in South Africa, so far away and not from outside cuts or new seeds. It's just hit me hard. Will upload pics if anybody is interested but it's the exact same symptoms as described in this thread.
Yellowing of leaves, followed by premature browning of trichs and bud that is pretty much useless with no smell or resin.
Really would appreciate more insight or any form of solution to my problem.

Reactions: TKO
Natural

Natural

Thought I would post what I think @nightmarecreature 's big secret is since he won't. Home-made EM1/Bokashi and what he claims as home brewed chitosan.
Also, while digging, found out he's pulling some shady shit with a clone that his cousin found in some testers. Instead of sending a clone back to the breeder as promised, he's convinced his cousin to lock it down so he can try and capitalize on it for asshole prices. Douchey move..bro..super shady. Use your decision tree and follow through the whole way..it's obvious with your current rep you're not gonna make very much and only serves to harm your reputation further..truly a legend in his own mind.

Natural

Natural

do you think it's in the soil cuz I reuse my soil.and I'm stressed out
vs something in the air? Most likely, could even be the water source and plants/cuttings can also contain virus/pathogens imho..but to know what the problem exactly is without lab tests we're poking around in the dark. Stem nematodes..bacterial virus..the list is long on what could cause duds..plant disease..deteriorating health could be brought on by salt stress..environmental stress..heavy metals, causing depletion in auxins and plants become more susceptible to pathogens. Chitosan, Regalia, Salicyclic Acid are used to create a SAR response in the plants so they can secrete their own chemicals to help fight pathogens. Chitosan and Regalia have bio-fungicide properties as well. EM1/Bokashi take the fight more directly to unwanted micro-organisms and assist in breaking down components in the soil so that they are more available to a plant.
Basically you want a foliar as well as soil drench approach.

epitome

epitome

vs something in the air? Most likely, could even be the water source and plants/cuttings can also contain virus/pathogens imho..but to know what the problem exactly is without lab tests we're poking around in the dark. Stem nematodes..bacterial virus..the list is long on what could cause duds..plant disease..deteriorating health could be brought on by salt stress..environmental stress..heavy metals, causing depletion in auxins and plants become more susceptible to pathogens. Chitosan, Regalia, Salicyclic Acid are used to create a SAR response in the plants so they can secrete their own chemicals to help fight pathogens. Chitosan and Regalia have bio-fungicide properties as well. EM1/Bokashi take the fight more directly to unwanted micro-organisms and assist in breaking down components in the soil so that they are more available to a plant.
Basically you want a foliar as well as soil drench approach.
could be seeds are a vector aswell? I know people don't want to test seeds and find out its incurable because they would have to find an untainted seed source and start all over....

Natural

Natural

could be seeds are a vector aswell? I know people don't want to test seeds and find out its incurable because they would have to find an untainted seed source and start all over....
Definitely, but more on seeds rather than in them. Which can be solved by rinsing in hot water, bleach solution, or h202. I'm not exactly sure what, if any, can be carried through the internal embryo of a seed.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thought I would post what I think @nightmarecreature 's big secret is since he won't. Home-made EM1/Bokashi and what he claims as home brewed chitosan.
Also, while digging, found out he's pulling some shady shit with a clone that his cousin found in some testers. Instead of sending a clone back to the breeder as promised, he's convinced his cousin to lock it down so he can try and capitalize on it for asshole prices. Douchey move..bro..super shady. Use your decision tree and follow through the whole way..it's obvious with your current rep you're not gonna make very much and only serves to harm your reputation further..truly a legend in his own mind.
Who has confirmed this?

Top Bottom