Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Room 1 balanced out to 6.0/500ppm.

I added another 50ml of each A&B as I see a few yellowing leaves already and hooked up the doser again.

It was 550ppm/5.8 when I left them tonight.

Hacked the rest of the plants. Trained a little too.
Before:
IMAG0095

After:
IMAG0097

IMAG0098

Under the canopy:

IMAG0100

IMAG0101

Starting to see pistils...

IMAG0102

IMAG0103

Veg Room - i am starting to notice some subtleties with those that have Mykos Drops and those that don't.

The ones with the teabags seem to be branchier. They terminated on their own and are filling out, bushier, those without have a much taller meristem and are growing upward, not outward. I super-cropped the ones that needed it (non-Mykos). Weird. Not that they are 'hardier or anything, just they are doubling up on branches, like they were topped again or something.

Auto-doser is keeping pH right at 5.8.

E&F Veg - I have another casualty from my pump debacle. I lost a Willy D. I will be using the leftover aliens I had on deck. I pinched them and bent over the tops to slow them down a little.

B

bluewaves

i see tarzan swinging in those branches i swear..very nice show RMC...

R

RMCG

Thanks guys.

Next item on the long 'to-do' list is plumb in the chiller.

With the warmer weather this week, water temps were nearly 70* in the veg and flower systems.

Its cooling off again, so its not ~urgent~ but it needs to be done soon.

I've got a 1/4HP that I will throw on the veg system and will plumb in coils for the 2 flower systems off of a 1/2HP unit and 20g res.

true grit

true grit

Looking killer bro! Gonna be a serious canopy there! So how long of veg you finding it takes to get them ladies fillin screens with teh veg room? I'm considering not even running an e&f and just droppin some drips on baskets before dropping em in buckets... i can deal with 2wks veg in the room. ha.

R

RMCG

I'm shooting for roots on the table in 7-10 days, then 3 -4 weeks in the veg system, depending on flower room clean-up. Should get them to 18 - 22". Hoping to have a room free every 4-5 weeks tops. So clones on the veg table nearly every 2 weeks? If you are looking to flip flop, you need somewhere to veg them. If not, 2-3 weeks should be enough to fill a screen.

true grit

true grit

Yeah it'll be a min before i can get a flip flop going- unless- I can fit a Evo9xxl inside a 10x10 hydrohut but think id be pushin it. So just the evo12 to start on. A site to veg til roots pop netpots shouldnt be a big deal drip or flood.

And yeah from the looks of yours 2-3wks looks plenty!

B

Bobby Smith

Still lurking, looking great bro.

Sucks about the pump being off, but that's when it's awesome to have some backups on deck :)

Keep on rocking it.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Looking great mang. Thats the scrog I strive for looks like its gonna be a slam full canopy.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Hows the girls on the pbp going for ya. Im interested in how its gonna work out for you. It it stable ph wise?
BG

R

RMCG

Hows the girls on the pbp going for ya. Im interested in how its gonna work out for you. It it stable ph wise?
BG

The one's in Veg will be getting the PBP lineup. Needing to finish Room 2 up and get them in that system.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Wow, N, I just went thru this entire thread- nice job! I am building bucket systems this week; so happy to have the experience to draw from, here at the Farm. Popping the Alien Vacation this week, too, for my next seed run. (only 2 strains this go-around- AV and Kushdee from All-Star Genetics).

edit: I am also going to run testers from TopDawg- Durban Mango

R

RMCG

Thanks! and welcome! Hope things are calming down a little for you...

I know you will find something special in the AV's.

R

RMCG

Veg room has exploded since increasing the humidity. Looks like the unit I added has a slight issue maintaining it at 50%, but I backed it down to 45% and it easily hit it and shut down to begin cycling vs struggling to get to 50% all the time. Maybe the water tanks will last a little longer.

From 20 days ago:
IMAG0033

IMAG0117

IMAG0118

IMAG0119

IMAG0120

IMAG0121

One of the ones with Mykos Drops:

IMAG0122

Room 2:

A test reflector has been hung to test the cable I added to hang everything and get a visual on where the second cable needs to go.

It looks a little like Dexter's 'Kill Room'.

The Kahuna reflector DWARFS those 13g modules.

IMAG0107

IMAG0108

IMAG0111

Room 1:

They ate their way down to ~200ppm (100+ of which is tap). pH doser was out of solution and it was sitting at 200ppm/6.2.

I added 150ml A&B plus 100ml of Big Bud. Refilled the doser bucket and it was sitting at ~500ppm/5.8 when I left.

Need to trim tomorrow.

IMAG0112

IMAG0113

IMAG0114

IMAG0115

IMAG0116

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
You're rocking now bud! Everything is looking fabulous... :rock

R

RMCG

I noticed a few fungus/soil gnats in one netpot the other day, so I picked up some sticky traps and a bT product (Companion). I drenched the netpots with a sprayer to kill off any larva/pupa. There were only a few adults flying around, so maybe I caught them in time.

I will monitor the sticky traps, might even add some 'honey pots' for adults and potato rounds on the netpot to draw the larva up to 'see' how many there are.

They are usually indicative of something worse though. I checked the roots on that plant and it looks good so ???.

Might need to add a fan under the canopy to dry out the top of the hydroton.

Added 100ml of A&B and 100ml of Big Bud.
Trimmed a few more suckers, will finish up tomorrow.

KO Kush is not a stretcher at all. Looks like its 'done' now.

KO Kush:

IMAG0123

IMAG0124

I think that humidity is low in this room too, as I can see slight 'sharpness' to the leaf edges.

IMAG0125

IMAG0127

IMAG0128

IMAG0129

I finished putting the rest of the Kahuna reflectors together. They will be hung tomorrow and the UCE assembled underneath tomorrow night. Hoping to have it filled and circulating PBP nutes when I leave.

Progress on the 2 part nute doser. Waiting on one more part, but should have it assembled and operational mid/end of next week.

If this works as it should, I might make a change to the pH dosers too.

B

bong bandit

gotta love htg and the products they offer. great prices, AMAZING support.

R

RMCG

Room 2 is 90% complete now.

UC went together very easy on friday night. Easiest one yet.

I snapped the small pipe for the airpump -> flex disk in the epicenter, so needed to hit HD to replace. Don't drop the Alita on the flex disk...

Cables for the heavy ass reflectors are in and stable, have 2 hanging now will add the other two tomorrow.

A fellow farmer made me 'lose a day' after sampling his wares, so slightly behind now. :)

Water is in the new system, recirculating/warming up. Hope to add nutes and plants (Alien OG) tomorrow. Starting the Botanicare lineup. Liquid Karma will be foliar with root crown feedings of tea. While the top off water feed is shut off I will plumb in the 'refill' faucets to the veg room and Room 1.

Room 1 (Madman OG) is smelling faintly of sandalwood incense now. Slighty sweet too. Can't pin it all down yet. No clue what these are going to turn in to.

Took some crappy pix of flowers, but I am not going to post them as they are orange and blurry. Real cam was out of juice.

Looks like its time for a full res change. pH was low. ~5.4ish @ 500ppm. I thought it was the Down Under HF that caused the dip, but I think its just time to change out the res. The last addition of HF coincided with the dip. This time no HF and still saw the dip, so ...

Caught less than 2 dozen adult gnats on the stickies. I have been drenching the netpots with bT to kill off any larva, just in case. When the res is being changed I will see if I can take a peek at the root mass of the plant that the gnats are hanging around.

The E&F table will get scrubbed and both table and Veg UCE will get fresh nutes before plants shuffle between the rooms.

Need to build the screen for Room 2 ASAP.

Next up on the table - White Dawg (The White x Tres Dawg)...

Latest posts

Top Bottom