• Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent work bud! Looks like the party is about to start soon... :rock

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

looks like its ready to go I know you are gonna kill it. Them plants will go crazy when you givem there new home I will be watching this one.

R

RMCG

I got a few hours of work done today. Nutes are mixed, ~sort of~.

I was getting weird variances between the epicenter, the middle row and the back corner buckets. After letting it circulate for an hour or so without a whole lot of change, I had to leave without putting the vegging plants in. Water temp was low, so res heater is in to bring it up to the 60's.

Looks like tomorrow is D-Day, which is good, because they have a nice thick root mat begging to explode into those blue buckets.

Next round starts vegging tomorrow as soon as the E&F table is scrubbed clean and res changed.

Looks like Room 2 genetics 'TBD' is now 'Alien OG'.

<Thanks guys>

:)

After this lively thread:

I've got a few different adds to my arsenal now, including Hydro-Sparkle aka 'Down Under - HF', Myko-Drops, BioWorks RootShield, etc. to play around with in the second room.

I like the Tea recipe and will be incorporating that as the crown feed in Room 2 as well.

Room 1:
DM Gold A/B
ADD .27
DynaGro Pro-Tekt

Roots Excelurator will be added, then Zone or Hydro-Sparkle 3 days prior to res change.

Regimen will be continued until ~week 2-3 of flower, then I will drop the RE and sterilize from then on out.

Boosters still TBD, probably Pure Flowers though.

Still need to make some screens. I've got 1.25" PVC furniture fittings for both rooms, just need to string them.

Alien OG on veg table will get:
DM Gold Grow A/B
Dyna Pro-Tekt
Roots Excel
Bioworks Rootshield

Veg UCE:
DM Gold Grow A/B
Dyna Pro-Tekt
Roots Excel
Crown Feeds of Tea

I'm a few days out on a couple of things, so it looks like this weekend is the target for the Veg UCE being completely set up. Lights/panda/environmentals are already done. Room 2 will be finished over the following week. Basically panda the walls and hang some reflectors. Ventilation and Filter are already in place.

Round 3 genetics TBD...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Can't wait to see your comparison of nutes bud... Kinda wish I was starting my UC after you and all the diff nute changes, but we can all learn from each other in this forum... Good or bad. Since this is my first time running DM Gold, I wasn't planning on using Silica or a PK boost as DM doesn't recommend either with the Gold line... Any thoughts about this or what appears to be high Nitrogen levels in their Gold bloom line? :wondering

R

RMCG

Can't wait to see your comparison of nutes bud... Kinda wish I was starting my UC after you and all the diff nute changes, but we can all learn from each other in this forum... Good or bad. Since this is my first time running DM Gold, I wasn't planning on using Silica or a PK boost as DM doesn't recommend either with the Gold line... Any thoughts about this or what appears to be high Nitrogen levels in their Gold bloom line? :wondering

They do recommend silica, just their own. :) I've found that Dyna's offers a little more bang for the buck though.

Boosters... Whatever I choose to do, it will be ~light~, but enough to offset the higher N.

I'm excited to be able to 'play' with different nute regimens in ~nearly~ the same environment. If I could, I would have (8) 4x4 tables all running something different nute-wise just to 'see'. I guess that is the 'mad scientist' in me.

Could be an epic failure, but more than one basket is always good for eggs...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sounds good... I have a small bottle of ProteKt Silica and was hesitant to use it... I might add just a bit if I need to raise the pH slightly in a top off ressy... I also like the idea of additional P and K levels to help with the nutrient profile and interactions... Gotta refer back to Mulder's chart at times, but we shall see how this all plays out... I too have my eggs in diff baskets just to be safe in case the proverbial shit hits the fan... :itwasntme

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I ran the pure flowers a couple runs with the DM gold. I am now running big bud and over drive and theres a big difference.
Shady run your boosters with dm gold if ya want big ass colas.
BG

R

RMCG

I ran the pure flowers a couple runs with the DM gold. I am now running big bud and over drive and theres a big difference.
Shady run your boosters with dm gold if ya want big ass colas.
BG

And your run is the reason why the booster is TBD. :)

R

RMCG

System balanced out overnight and warmed up slightly to 61*. I added a little too much pH down apparently though.

Required a mini-flush of a few gallons out/in to bring it to 5.8 & 1080ppm's.

Filtered tap is ~120ppm's, so just over 900ppms.

The E&F table was running ~850 or so, so shouldn't be too much of a shock to them.

Roots Excel added. No Zone, No Hydro-Sparkle.

I decided to put the Horti Flip through its paces for a few days, alternating 2 opposing lights, 6 hours at a time. If its going to fail, it will in the next day or two like my LF-2 did and I still have time to get it swapped. Room ran for a few hours and was comfortable temp-wise. Exhaust fan kicking on for a ~1min once or twice per hour.

I am debating blowing heat from the lights in to the opposite room at night so I don't have to worry about crazy temps swings for the winter. I can redirect it for the summer.

Full Room Shots:
Shaky pic.
FullRoom

Lights warming up:
Lightson

I've got 2 new Sunmasters(right) and 2 lightly used Horti's(left) in there.

Couple of shots of the largest lady:

Close1

Close2

Her root mat:

Roots

That dark spot ~was~ algae from the table.

Close3

Room 2's Alien's are transplanted to the fresh/clean table.

I had 5 'Myko Drops' and added them to the netpots. Marked those plants to see what they do.

Table is running ~400ppm/5.8, Grow A/B, Silica, Roots Excel, and I also added a tablespoon of BioWorks Rootshield to the res.

Added res heater for the table too. 'Sitting' water was ~47*, it would warm up to the high 50's over the next few days, but I think it definitely delayed vegging on the Madman Cuts (not a bad thing from the size of them).

Hoping they start shooting noticeable roots within a week so I can plop them in to the veg system.

I NEED to get a screen done by this weekend so I can start training ASAP.

Finally underway!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice update bud! Did you add 1 ml/gal of Roots Excelurator? On a separate note, since you mentioned your fan turns off and on every minute, do you know of any products that can turn off and on a Max Fan based on humidity levels? :wondering

R

RMCG

Nice update bud! Did you add 1 ml/gal of Roots Excelurator? On a separate note, since you mentioned your fan turns off and on every minute, do you know of any products that can turn off and on a Max Fan based on humidity levels? :wondering

Yeah, I did 1ml/gal.

The fan was kicking on only for a minute or two once or twice an hour to maintain temps.

I've got the CAP Air-2's in there right now (separate outlets for temp and humidity). I might swap them for CAP Air-1's so it will completely recycle the room based on either of those conditions being met with the one exhaust fan. If I need additional dehumidification, It will be a 'set and forget' dehuey vs on that controller.

The can-fan/filter (~1700cfm) is just recirculating. The unfiltered exhaust fans (1200cfm) shoot the heat through dampered roof vents.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the details! I did a bit of research and found that the CAP-HUM1 would be exactly what I need. Since my exhaust fan will be set to run continuously when the lights are on amd air-cooled, I could prob just plug the CAP-HUM1 into a timer to only function at night when the humidity spikes... :thinking

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Nice update
I would of maybe started them off a little lower ppm than the tray just to let them transition. Plants are very healthy tho nice room you have there
Keep it up
BG

B

Baddog

Lookin Great! I.m with BG Would of lowered Nutes a bit! Ladies are looking Very sexy Though! Now is the time for them to BTFU!

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

They look like they are ready to party. Thats gonna be one nice party.

R

RMCG

Thx for the details! I did a bit of research and found that the CAP-HUM1 would be exactly what I need. Since my exhaust fan will be set to run continuously when the lights are on amd air-cooled, I could prob just plug the CAP-HUM1 into a timer to only function at night when the humidity spikes... :thinking

Are you going to have that on a second fan? Just for humidity control?

M

MediMary

Hells Yeah, Im following this one for sure, miss yesterdays update.

Room 1:
Roots Excelurator will be added, then Zone or Hydro-Sparkle 3 days prior to res change.

(seems like a great idea, running the sterilizers right before a res change.)

Room 2:
Straight roots excel.

Top Bottom