Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

I think some of the ppm's are silica I used to bring the pH up during the flush.

I will check today to see how it stabilized overnight.

R

RMCG

Hells Yeah, Im following this one for sure, miss yesterdays update.

Room 1:
Roots Excelurator will be added, then Zone or Hydro-Sparkle 3 days prior to res change.

(seems like a great idea, running the sterilizers right before a res change.)

Room 2:
Straight roots excel.

Room 2 will have a few with myko drops, bennies and crown fed with tea.

sky high

sky high

Many thanks for the head's up on that flip-flop, RMCG. I can see one of those in my future.

On with the show!

s h

M

MediMary

Room 2 will have a few with myko drops, bennies and crown fed with tea.

Apparently I don't spread my loving around enough, so Here is my excited dance:character0029:
haha.

Im stoked for this show, whats myko drops? mychorizial or however yah spell it.

R

RMCG

Many thanks for the head's up on that flip-flop, RMCG. I can see one of those in my future.

On with the show!

s h

Honestly, If I were to buy another one (not one from Olyver), I would go with PowerBox's new ones. One of the shops I hit was talking them up.

UL listed, cleaner inside, better relays, and a 6 ballast one was nearly the same price as the 4 ballast Horti.

I will say this about Horti-Control though. Their service/support was top-notch when I had an issue with the LF-2.

R

RMCG

Apparently I don't spread my loving around enough, so Here is my excited dance:character0029:
haha.

Im stoked for this show, whats myko drops? mychorizial or however yah spell it.

Yeah, the people that make all myco products (RTI/Xtreme Gardening) for everyone else (Great White, etc.) have come up with tea-bags of bacteria. Easy Peasie dropt it in and it will degrade (not sure how ~fast~ it will in hydroton, but it should keep it 'contained' in the netpot for several weeks, maybe even the entire cycle.

http://xtreme-gardening.com/mykos/mykos-drops/

Coming out in retail shops next month?

You can get them from the above link now though.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Yeah, the people that make all myco products (RTI/Xtreme Gardening) for everyone else (Great White, etc.) have come up with tea-bags of bacteria. Easy Peasie dropt it in and it will degrade (not sure how ~fast~ it will in hydroton, but it should keep it 'contained' in the netpot for several weeks, maybe even the entire cycle.

http://xtreme-gardening.com/mykos/mykos-drops/

Coming out in retail shops next month?

You can get them from the above link now though.

Can't wait to try it I have been using Mykos as well the Uc's don't seem to like the great white as much and the Mykos is better. Right? The only problem I have is getting the powder to mix uniform.

B

Buddy Flowers

in the past i have avoided tea bags at my root zone but this sounds like an excellent way to deliver the solubles properly. thanks for posting

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Sounds like it will work well. Your gonna have to show us all first RMCG

R

RMCG

I am always down to experiment. Just don't want this to turn into a 'Perpetual Flop'.

:)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Well try aquashield and roots excel in room 2 and compare them results.
Im running it at 3ml per gal with 1 ml paer gal of RE.
When I just put my plant in bloom in dm gold the roots got all fucky looking so I flushed added the 2 bennies and blamo the roots are good to go now. Nice and white and showing growth daily

BG

R

RMCG

Well try aquashield and roots excel in room 2 and compare them results.
Im running it at 3ml per gal with 1 ml paer gal of RE.
When I just put my plant in bloom in dm gold the roots got all fucky looking so I flushed added the 2 bennies and blamo the roots are good to go now. Nice and white and showing growth daily

BG

Good Idea. I will actually be picking up some Aquashield today for the tea recipe, I'll grab an extra gallon.

Anyone know how strong Advanced's pH products are compared to GH?

I've heard they are a lot stronger, but never used them.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I wish they would just get a chat room on the site
The best thing about the aquashield is its cheap and works great
BG

R

RMCG

I wish they would just get a chat room on the site
The best thing about the aquashield is its cheap and works great
BG

Agreed. PM's and thread chit-chat are nice so I can keep a copy, but its like smoke signals, not real-time.

B

Bobby Smith

Good Idea. I will actually be picking up some Aquashield today for the tea recipe, I'll grab an extra gallon.

Anyone know how strong Advanced's pH products are compared to GH?

I've heard they are a lot stronger, but never used them.

9 trillion times stronger.

GH pH up and down is a joke; got Mad Farmer one time (and still use it) and thought "wow, this shit is 50X stronger than GH"; store was out of Mad Farmer last year, so I grabbed a bottle of Advanced..........put the normal amount I'd put in for Mad Farmer and my pH dropped to like 3 or some shit.

It's honestly too concentrated for me to use........I'm more of an "eyeballer", and that product does not lend itself to guesstimates.

M

MediMary

lol at perpetual flop, man a chat room would be sweeeeeeeeeet,

R

RMCG

9 trillion times stronger.

GH pH up and down is a joke; got Mad Farmer one time (and still use it) and thought "wow, this shit is 50X stronger than GH"; store was out of Mad Farmer last year, so I grabbed a bottle of Advanced..........put the normal amount I'd put in for Mad Farmer and my pH dropped to like 3 or some shit.

It's honestly too concentrated for me to use........I'm more of an "eyeballer", and that product does not lend itself to guesstimates.

That's what I thought and was afraid of. Knowing that a 100ml drops it X is nice, which is where I was with GH.
Thanks!

I'll look for Mad Farmer first.

Top Bottom