Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Sweet
Hows that filter working for ya. I dont have anything on or in mine. Havent had a clog yet (knock on wood)
I might need to get me one where to find
BG

R

RMCG

Sweet
Hows that filter working for ya. I dont have anything on or in mine. Havent had a clog yet (knock on wood)
I might need to get me one where to find
BG

They come stock with the UC's now.

I've got a set for the first room on the way (didn't come with them).

R

RMCG

Veg table scrubbed. Res changed, 450ppm/5.8.

A&B
Aquashield
Roots Excel
RootShield

The Beneficial Tea is brewing. Upped the recipe to 5g.

48hrs and I can start crown feeds/adding to veg res.

Round 3 has been transplanted.

Next up:

(3) Raskal's OG
(3) Willy D
(3) Chemdog #4

Still have 3 Aliens on the table too, just in case I get a set of slackers in the bunch.

Aliens have been moved to Veg UC.

Solution stabilized ~350ppm/6.2.

Added another 50ml of A&B and topped up. When I left it was ~450/5.8.

IMAG0034

Swapped out Hortilux bulbs for Sunmasters in Room 1.

Its been so goddamned cold I don't feel like picking up the PVC and driving with my window open with them, so no screen yet.

I NEED to get it done tomorrow and flip them, cold be damned, because it is a jungle in there...

IMAG0036

Pretty sure I heard monkeys.

IMAG0037

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Dam thats thick
Looking real nice and clean bro
I swapped out the hortis for sunmasters as well for this round. I did a side by side test and they were the same dam thing so I try to save money were I can.
Next round thinking of trying just a plain old phillips son t hps bulb and see how that pans out.
BG

R

RMCG

Dam thats thick
Looking real nice and clean bro
I swapped out the hortis for sunmasters as well for this round. I did a side by side test and they were the same dam thing so I try to save money were I can.
Next round thinking of trying just a plain old phillips son t hps bulb and see how that pans out.
BG

Yeah, these plants have a weird branching pattern, especially near the tops. Definitely bushing out now. I had to prop a few of them up with stakes. No more lifting the netpots out to check roots, just lifting the lids. Seems that 'disrupted' them enough to cause them to fall over.

I am hoping that vegging round 2 in the UC's under 'real' light will keep them shorter and bushier than whats about to flower now. These are crazy big.

Sunmasters have nearly an identical spectrum to the Hortis, yet have higher initial lumens and are almost 1/2 the cost. No brainer. Still would like to try some Dual-Arcs though.

I used to use Philips Son Agro's back when they were 'new' <dating myself>, but I thought they had too much red at the time. Haven't looked at Philips in a while though. Would be interesting to see a side by side now.

R

RMCG

Veg UCE plants now have some roots down in to the solution.
I expect to see them take off over the next week.

Mix for Round 3 on the table took the transplant well.

Screen has been built for Room 1, but not yet installed.

I need to trim up the lowers, spray Organicide and shuffle them around in the system before I drop it on top of them.

I had a few branch splits on the ones that tipped over, but they are still healthy and growing.

Here is the nute schedule I have worked out for Room 1.

Base nutes #'s are the only thing I am unsure about at this time, but is a good starting point. Going to shoot for desired ppm's and maintain for the 2 weeks between flushes.

Pure Flowers will have one application, in place of Bud Ignitor/Bud Blood, hoping to boost initial bud set.

Silica will be ~20ml every other day (and used for pH Up, when necessary) and the sterilizer being added 3 days before the flush.

Nute Schedule

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Sounds good RMCG
So what other nutes you thinking of trying out. I been dieing to get some floranova & floralicious + in my UC system. So far the triflex is working out great the plants in both systems with it are flourishing and very happy. I have never seen so much resin at 25 days 12/12.
Good luck bro and keep on killing it
BG

R

RMCG

Sounds good RMCG
So what other nutes you thinking of trying out. I been dieing to get some floranova & floralicious + in my UC system. So far the triflex is working out great the plants in both systems with it are flourishing and very happy. I have never seen so much resin at 25 days 12/12.
Good luck bro and keep on killing it
BG

Undecided at this time, but your Triflex run has me intrigued.

Probably stick with DM base in room 2 for a run, maybe changing some additives and introduce crown feeds, then go from there.

R

RMCG

Trimmed up the plants, shuffled them around, sprayed for bugs, top to bottom.

Screen is in place. I need to knock about 6-8" off the legs to drop it down further, but they took enough abuse for tonight.

You can still see a lot of branches below the screen that don't quite make it. Once the screen is dropped, anything remaining will be cleared out again.

I WILL NOT veg them this long again.

Have a funky ballast (lamp would ignite for a few, then shut off repeatedly), so that was yanked and will be replaced in a day or two.

Did a 180 on Room 2 Bloom Nutes.

New schedule is being reworked and will be posted up for critique shortly.

Tea Brewing thought - Is there any reason I cannot take a ~.5 gallon and pitch that in to a new batch to innoculate it and get it going faster? I will still add some additional scoops of all ingredients, but I can't imagine an already established 'herd' would detract from the final product? Any thought on adding in Roots Excel to that mix as well?

IMAG0041

IMAG0042

IMAG0045

IMAG0046

IMAG0047

IMAG0048

IMAG0049

opt1c

opt1c

from what i've read about tea brewing after 24 hours or so you have more of a monoculture than a varied herd; inoculating with a monoculture could possibly prevent microbial diversity in the first place

liking the side by sides with the nutes

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Whoa, thought I jus saw hulk hogan and ric flair in ur room, very healthy root mass bro, Peace SSP

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im sure its gonna be all good. I was contemplating using that or floranova for a trial.
Im only running 3ml per gal of aquashield that should be all you need 900ml seems really high.
Cant wait for the results
BG

Latest posts

Top Bottom