Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grow_dat_nasty

Hey did you get all those fittings from home depot or lowes or some kind of corprate hardware store that I would probaly have in my town. I need to find some 1/2" to 3/8 t's like that, I was going to use them to make my air pump line, I was gonna put these 8" air disks to each bucket and they have 3/8 fittings on em and I wanted to run em from 1/2" pvc if I can find the right parts.

G

grow_dat_nasty

O shit just got promoted to senior farmer lol guess that means I'm finally a real farmer now lol

R

RMCG

Hey did you get all those fittings from home depot or lowes or some kind of corprate hardware store that I would probaly have in my town. I need to find some 1/2" to 3/8 t's like that, I was going to use them to make my air pump line, I was gonna put these 8" air disks to each bucket and they have 3/8 fittings on em and I wanted to run em from 1/2" pvc if I can find the right parts.

Yep. I did order some of the 'specialty' fittings though. I grabbed 1/2"x3/8"x1/2" reducing T's and 1/2"x3/8" reducing L's online because I couldn't find them locally. But check with local plumbing supply houses because I was in one the other day getting a part for my furnace and they carried the Sharkbite line too.

Be aware they make 'push fit' and 'crimp' style, I went with slip because the addition cost in fittings was made up for by not having to buy an expensive crimping set.

C

crossouttheiis

I was thinking something along the same lines as grow dat nasty..... This would make a killer airline set up if you are going with bigger discs :)

R

RMCG

Fittings are brass/metal though, you could use this for every connection that is not inside the bucket.

EDIT: Made of DZR (dezincification resistant) brass which provides a strong, durable fitting that is corrosion resistant.

Might not be a problem....

B

Bobby Smith

Yikes, those Sharkbite fittings are expensivo............get you some John Guest fittings (or the HD/Lowes immitation WATTS fittings) for 1/3 of the price.

These motherfuckers are badass - they handle my 125PSI (sloppy) plumbing job like champs - never even seen a drop.

Also have the quick connect feature, so taking them off and putting them back on is as simple as it gets :)

HD/Lowes don't have the selection that you can find online, but if you just need simple Ts/reducers, they'll generally have those - take a walk around them before ordering online (my $.02).

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/c-500-john-guest-pp-range-white-polypropylene-fittings.aspx

12911 004
12111 004
R

RMCG

Yeah, I use John Guest stuff too, but for smaller 1/4" and 3/8" connections.

If they trust these things to Hydronic flooring, I will trust them to not spring a leak and flood on me.

If you buy the Sharkbite's in 'contractor' bags, they are cheaper. Probably cost me ~200$ in fittings (will have extras) and another 50$ in PEX.

And when you get JG's in larger sizes, they aren't ~much~ cheaper...

R

RMCG

hahaha that is a bit far. I have had enough driving the past few weeks with work... and picking up a car in MN and towing that shit back. PM me if you are interested in bulbs though. I get them on the cheap if I get over a few at a time... The shop I get them from makes sure they aren't advertised because a lot of shops have been popped by horti and will pull their bulbs from their stores if caught selling them that cheap.

Will do. All 8 bulbs are brand new, so it will be ~6 months or so before I need to change them out.

C

crossouttheiis

I can get them for the same price as ebay...surprised more ofthose companies haven't gotten in trouble from hortilux. I know exactly what you mean by not want to have your seller and buyer ratings littered, just doesn't look professional.

Liquid karma did not cause a fluctuation in ph at all. Diomand hector doesn't have kelp in it right?

C

crossouttheiis

it really is crazy keeping up with all the different nutrients. Each one has a little of this and a little of that. You can't go across the board and be like hey liquid karma contains almost 90% of what hydroplex is and that would be a good substitute... instead got to run a lot of different things lol. How is that pure blend treating you? How long has it been in your system? Once I run out of canna I think I am going to run pure blend base, re, aquashield, great white, big bud and over drive. seems like it should have good results

R

RMCG

it really is crazy keeping up with all the different nutrients. Each one has a little of this and a little of that. You can't go across the board and be like hey liquid karma contains almost 90% of what hydroplex is and that would be a good substitute... instead got to run a lot of different things lol. How is that pure blend treating you? How long has it been in your system? Once I run out of canna I think I am going to run pure blend base, re, aquashield, great white, big bud and over drive. seems like it should have good results

Not running it yet. It's going in my second system. About 3 weeks or so...

I'm trying to keep the inputs to as few as possible.

If I can do a one part base PBP Bloom (switching at 4 weeks to PBP Soil) and run Aquashield and RE for roots and Hydroplex as the booster, AND get results I would be a very happy farmer.

BH - What kelp product are you using?

C

crossouttheiis

I went onto botanicares website. I am curious why would you switch to the pbp soil at four weeks? I didnt see anything like that in the feed chart.

C

crossouttheiis

Yeah I noticed that about the different ratios, just made the assumption it would be thicker or something with more gunk if it was for soil. I was really tired last night must have not noticed that.

I honestly love canna nutrients, but hate the store I have to go to get it. They have an "account" system and act like they are giving you a discount lol.... 100 bucks for gallon size of a and b nutes isnt what I call a deal.

R

RMCG

Yeah I noticed that about the different ratios, just made the assumption it would be thicker or something with more gunk if it was for soil. I was really tired last night must have not noticed that.

I honestly love canna nutrients, but hate the store I have to go to get it. They have an "account" system and act like they are giving you a discount lol.... 100 bucks for gallon size of a and b nutes isnt what I call a deal.

Yeah the 'soil' label is a bit misleading I think. I thought they were named 'Bloom and Ripe' respectively before, which makes a bit more sense.

Hmm.. WTG? Haha.

I got turned on to a small shop here that carries this full line at prices ~1-2$/bottle more than the 'discounted' store. He will order in whatever size I want and keep them on hand for me in the back room.
That service is worth the extra couple of bucks and the drive. Really hope it performs because it could really simplify a lot of things...

C

crossouttheiis

not sure what wtg is... just a local shop in portland the garden spout I believe what its called. I would rather take my business to someone that will work with me. Damn gallon size of botanicare are about 30 bucks at the store I like going too. I guess I should be grateful for the low costs of supplies compared to california and east coast. Maybe I am just cheap, but I save money wherever I can lol.

bloom and ripe would be more appropriate. I was thinking there was only one part to add in veg and bloom. i am glad that you cleared that up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom