Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Definitely going to move the lights up a bit more.

Going from 400 to 2k is a bit much. Hoping the 1k 'transition veg' room helps to minimize the shock in the future.

BH- I am hoping to let them get some legs down over the next day or 3.

They had a nice root mat from the table, but as of last night, they were just starting to shoot down 1-2" into the buckets. Hoping for more root growth as they adjust. When I see real veg growth, I will get the screen over them and flip.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Right on bro
Gotta ease them babies into it I usually start it at 4' above em at transition

R

RMCG

Roots and Horti...

Well...

The Horti died...

I was in the room when it 'flipped' and saw blue-green arcing from inside the box. Pretty sure the relay contacts are now welded together.

Unplugged everything and hooked up all 4k.

Hope the return is as painless as the last time. Not sure I could recommend the Horti... 2 for 2 failures out of the gate.

Raised the lights up 4'+ above the canopy at the same time.

The KO Kush's were looking a little droopy from transplant shock, but everything else is looking good. If the KO's don't bounce back, I'll swap them out again. Water level was a little low, so that might be adding to their stress too. All topped up, so we shall see. Hoping to have the constant feed line installed next week.

Roots are exploding now. Screen should be in place by Sunday.

IMAG0020

IMAG0021

IMAG0022

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Nice roots bro
Got me thinking I should maybe be pre veggin my shit before they go into the UC.
Keep it up
BG

R

RMCG

Thanks. I'm hoping once I've gone thru a complete cycle with everything, from table to veg uce to flower systems they will be far more developed. Nearly full bucket sized by the time it hits a 12/12 room.

B

Bobby Smith

Jeez, those Hortis are real pieces of shit, huh?

Too bad, wanted to get me one............

C

cheech

RMCG.. you are such a smart guy that i can't figure out why you are pissing money away on shit that you can diy with ease. dpdt relay has 4 segments. 2 for bulbs, 1 for ballast, 1 for trigger cord. less than 45 bucks for materials, 15 mins construction, completely safe and reliable, and you don't have to cut your light cords or any of that because you can order syn system or hydro farm female/male ends to wire to your relay... relay goes bad(hasn't happened to me for over a year for 35$ relays), you just unscrew all your wires and put them on a new relay, less than 10 mins. new relays on hand 35 a piece. new powerbox flip box's on hand in case one goes bad - uh. could have made over 10 flip relays in a couple hours for that price.

only problem i ran into was in the summer when the window bangers kicked in drawing so much amperage on my small 100 service, that it would temporarily weaken the magnetic hold on the relay, therefore turning the lights off in a room for a brief second, causing hot starts and what not. not a problem at all in the winter for me, or probably if i had ac's with the inverter tech to reduce the amperage draw.

my powerbox light controller is sweet, and has a nice sturdy case, but it was near impossible to remove the short 6 gauge cord they had wired to the relay with the 30' cord i needed to wire from the electrical box to the powerbox. i actually had to fucking drill a hole through the metal casing so that i could get a screwdriver through it to unscrew then rescrew one of the 6 gauge hot ends. tighter than a preteens vagina in those boxes.

R

RMCG

With potential regs, inspections, etc coming for caregivers in CO, the DIY route is out. UL/ETL listed stuff only. The powerbox I'm thinking about is the flip box, not their timer boxes. No power into it, just passes thru.

opt1c

opt1c

Nice looking grow and rooms man. I'm in the process of moving as well; gotta have my local electric company come out and inspect for the a 200amp upgrade; damn spa ;)

Thanks for sharing bout those horticontrol boxes; looks like i'll be going the powerbox route as well.

C

crossouttheiis

Can you do a diy cheech. I would be interested in seeing this

C

cheech

ahhh gotcha on the regulations/inspections.

yea i know the relay box you were talking about(it's exactly what i make except in a fancy box), i was just letting you know about my powerbox 6 light controller.. good shit, way better than the caps, but it is very difficult to change out a cord if you have to, and it voids the warranty.

i'm sure if you had an electrician wire the relays you would be ok. hope that bull shit mandatory inspection never makes its way into laws out here. i don't want the state knowing where my fucking grow room is!

R

RMCG

Nice looking grow and rooms man. I'm in the process of moving as well; gotta have my local electric company come out and inspect for the a 200amp upgrade; damn spa ;)

Thanks for sharing bout those horticontrol boxes; looks like i'll be going the powerbox route as well.

Thanks for popping in. Whatcha got cookin?

Not to knock horti-control as they are super responsive in getting another out, but damn. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me...

R

RMCG

ahhh gotcha on the regulations/inspections.

yea i know the relay box you were talking about(it's exactly what i make except in a fancy box), i was just letting you know about my powerbox 6 light controller.. good shit, way better than the caps, but it is very difficult to change out a cord if you have to, and it voids the warranty.

i'm sure if you had an electrician wire the relays you would be ok. hope that bull shit mandatory inspection never makes its way into laws out here. i don't want the state knowing where my fucking grow room is!

I need to find a good, reliable sparky, as I've got a few changes I would like to make before summer comes around.

Regarding regs and inspections, I hope I don't have to deal with it either, just trying to stay two steps ahead...

C

cheech

just out of curiosity what are you wanting to do? my rentals are less than 800 a piece, so they are pretty tiny with 100 amp service.. in fact, one had fucking 60 amp pushmatic breakers!

i really want to upgrade to 200 amps so i can keep using the relays durring the summer.. like i had mentioned, when a wall banger goes on the draw will weaken the current for a small instant which can release the connection, and your bulb will turn off but not back on cause of the whole hot start deal.

lucked out and have a family friend electrician though who will do the work without pulling permits so it won't cost but 1k.

R

RMCG

I would like some circuits (re)run. Have a unique setup, so more power is available (another 120A or so). An 80A sub is already in place currently, but would like a 30A external disconnect added for a mini split. Balance the power a little better between the panels. Swap out some 120 for 240 etc.

R

RMCG

Thought I would post up a shot of the next generation...

As soon as I see roots coming out the bottom of the netpot, they get moved to the veg UCE to make room for the next round.

AlienOG

Screen shot from my camera system. :)

Internal and External cams, IR, motion detection, email alerts, but not internet accessible.
Very secure and still available from my mobile from anywhere. :lock:
Waiting to move that table to its final location, then will remount it so I can get shot of the Hanna Meter too for quick ph/ppm/temp checks.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damn bro... You got all the cool gadgets! That security cam is dope... :rock

Top Bottom