Eagle 20ew is pro-cancerous

• Thread starter GeneralRipper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeneralRipper

Ok people lets just forget for a minute that Eagle is dangerous stuff to ponder what else could make it bad. How about for the fact the you are creating super strains of PM(just like flu shots create super flus). Well its one of two reasons why some PM from Norcal is 100x more aggressive and almost impossible to rid of.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Shit is supposed to work out systemically in like 20-30 days, and even with those claims I've yet to see any of these systemics hold up longer than 2wks if the room isn't taken care of accordingly...just saying. I really dont see the concern, but good luck.

The only problem is indoors in artificial environments the half lives are actually a lot longer.

M

MIway

Ok people lets just forget for a minute that Eagle is dangerous stuff to ponder what else could make it bad. How about for the fact the you are creating super strains of PM(just like flu shots create super flus). Well its one of two reasons why some PM from Norcal is 100x more aggressive and almost impossible to rid of.

think we would have to look towards commercial crops for a bigger effect to this, as opposed to indoor cannabis growing... say all the vineyards in CA, for example.

The HC

The HC

Bro, you know that's not true.

It's the climate. We also have some of the most unique yeast strains, and the highest rate of yard weeds. It's really a consequence of some of the same conditions that make it a great growing site.

*I'm not talking about the flu, et cetera. XDR TB was all because some idiot stop treatment early. That shit's all real and about to kill everyone.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
if you take precautionary measures to protect yourself and others while applying eagle 20 on your mothers and clones ONLY, i really see no harm done when used on indoor gardens.

true grit

true grit

First let me say- know how many times I've used Eagle20 in about a year or two? Like twice, because i used it correctly in conjuction with a full solution and haven't had to use it since unless i feel like hittin cuts. More importantly once pm was gone i could get the environment dialed. Why do I stand by E20 as effective- because it is and you don't have to use it unsafely or to excess. All you folks that blow it out of proportion are doing just that- blowing it out of proportion to be dramatic. I'll stand by it and keep growing meds just fine with out it.

Disagreed. I speak to waaaayyy too many people who are exactly that.

I don't think you really followed my total experience very well on that one. Nor did you read everything I did very well. I'm not going to argue with you (again) about what I did and why, but guess what. That one White that popped back up with the PM? Not a single sign anywhere. You're characterizing things as though I have a persistent problem with it, and nothing could be further from the truth. When I was battling ROOT APHIDS, which happen to be known disease vectors, you betcha, I was having a hell of a problem with it. But the Eagle 20 knocking it out didn't happen. Your characterizations of my experience only demonstrate what you don't
know.

You've missed the bus and the train here. You say safely? Again, disagreed.
How familiar are you with methyl iodide? Go look it up, come back and tell me how safe it is. Then go look up what crops it's used on despite its safety record.

As long as people have to rely on the integrity of the growers, they're going to be ripe for buying shit meds. In total the integrity of cannabis growers is lacking, in my opinion. Add to that things like ignorance, the inability to read (or lack of desire, adds up to the same thing) and cavalier attitudes about substances just like Eagle 20 and you have a disaster waiting to happen. How keen are YOU for our first marijuana-related death to occur? It is exactly shit like this that could lead to MMJ being put in the dungeon again.

Until WE take responsibility for OURSELVES, others will feel like they have to do it for us. Read the news lately? How's it goin' in CO for dispensaries? Ain't goin' so well in CA for them, although the general populous hasn't yet figured out what so many growers do to their weed.

Let me put this as plain and simply as I can- you explained your problems in the other thread. explained what you had done, and it was apparent to almost everyone in the thread why you still had pm issues and why you were bitching about Eagle20. werent you assuming that White had a super resistant PM? And what I don't know?- im sure there is plenty, but it must also be why people like myself have saved gardens from those issues why you sit here on the computer spouting out science assuming its all hunky dorey cuz you got some shit to "prove it". Guess what, I speak from experience and beating issues while often you are speaking theoretically of what COULD happen and what SHOULD happen. I get it done. Period.

Agreed its not only a matter of ignorance, lack of reading, etc- its the fact that EVERYONE wants to grow. Assume maybe 10-20% actually know what they are doing, and you see your problem. Even at that, like i said, even unexperienced growers dont know what half the shit is. Most the folks i know that try to fix problems, don't fix them cuz they are trying to do everything organically or without harsh chems...and instead are addin those ALL the time. And lets be realistic, of those other 80-90% whos cropping enough to matter to the general public.

CO dispensaries are producing weak meds because they can't buy from growers. Its a closed loop system that they can not keep up with, and in turn haul ass to produce SOMETHING for the shelves regardless. Medicine, i think not, but thats what happens when you rid the industry of real competition, skill, and don't allow real growers to do work.

Why don't you look at some of the chemicals sprayed on all that wine out there by you? Pretty damn sure more adult population consume that wine than shitty weed. Go try and scare the vineyard owners and wine drinkers- aint gonna happen.

And I agree, the resposibility is in ourselves. So why don't folks be responsible and talk about the reality rather than blow up shit just cuz they "think" it will do something.

I think it's easy to see in this thread who of you are being sensationalists and who are being sensible.

Blowing the message out of proportion isn't going to fix the problem of poor practices by dispensaries.

Exactly. Scare tactics are just as bad. esecially when you start a thread that if you touch eagle20 you will get lymphatic cancer.

Like I've said in every thread about PM- learn to run your room right and PM won't be an issue in the first place. I slipped on my room, got PM, had to fix it and get my room right again.

Everyone trust True Grit he is an "Expert". Same with all the other people on this board who use Eagle 20EW. They have been assured by our fiends the cancerous chemical makers that it's safe! You can trust the "experts"!

LOL is all I can say to that. You people are ridiculous. Some people just can't admit that things DONT have to be used to excess, or possibly not even at all if you can run a room right (obviously a big IF there). You extremists make it sound like this shit is being sprayed all day every day, everywhere and folks like me who understand how to use it correctly endorse that (which i obviously have not). Grow up and quit trying to scare everyone, like its been covered time and again. Be paranoid to death for all i care. I'll die someday Im sure, but i can guarantee it wont be from eagle20. thats the least of my concerns.

And folks aint droppin plain loads of Eagle20 on people and crops- completely bogus comparison. maybe you should be comparing the DDT to whats being dumped on vineyards instead. eagle20 is a very small fraction of use.

enjoiy your Pm infested smoke ive been clean for over 2 years

Word to that. Seems folks still have a problem with it...at least enough to rile everyone up.

Really, cuz i find that to be 100% BULLSHIT. Scare tactics again. I have yet to see one of these "resistant" pm strains. SM referred to the white one last thread...and seems it wasn't the case?

And Norcal PM way aggressive/impossible to get rid of? They must be shitty growers, cuz all the norcal homies are CRANKIN and PM free. Learn to set up and run a room right- plain and simple.

The only problem is indoors in artificial environments the half lives are actually a lot longer.

I could see that, I find indoor based strains to be weaker in normal attributes that outdoor plants have...ala resistance, sensitivity, tendencies, etc.

think we would have to look towards commercial crops for a bigger effect to this, as opposed to indoor cannabis growing... say all the vineyards in CA, for example.

Exactly. I looked into many chems that are used by the wine industry to control PM. Most were WAY too strong to even be sprayed on cannabis. concentrations ridiculously high, systemic break down WAY too long, etc. And these are the norm. But hey why question that industries' practices, i mean don't doctors tell folks its healthy to have a glass of wine a day?

true grit

true grit

General Ripper- How bout instead of trying to scare everyone away from using Eagle20, you use your expertise and knowledge to be proactive and explain to folks how to keep a room PM free in the first place? Just a thought, cuz it would be more helpful than this crap.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Interesting. Based on what?

Based on the MSDS. When indoor is can almost be twice as much on the half life of chemicals IE imid. Its at 6 months plus before its 97% broken down or gone out of the plant indoors MINIMUM. This is on Imid not Eagle 20. Using it as an example but does not apply to that chemical.

"Soil: The high water solubility and low Koc, indicate a low tendency to be adsorbed to
soil particles. Field studies show that imidacloprid can persist in soil, with a half-life
ranging from 27 to 229 days (Miles Inc., 1993). Half-life in soil varies depending on
soil type, use of organic fertilizers, and presence or absence of ground cover."

Indoors lacks the environmental factors that helps breaks down these chemicals. Hence the higher half life. Frequent waterings will also play a roll in the breakdown. Unless Im totally wrong. I also believe it takes 6 or 7 half lives to almost completely get rid of the chemicals or more. By no means am I a chemistry buff just from reading up on what I was using.

Sorry for the sidebar thread jack. I dont get PM. Something I dont really worry bout here. Just regurgitating some of my root aphid stuff.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
C

CAPO

all this is a waste of time till someone actually sends off for lab tests using foilage from cannibus sprayed...I mean I think Chemchris is showing the breakdown in soil, not certain here, but it might make a difference.
How mysterious is this stuff..if someone sprayed a clone then vegged it until there was mostly new growth...how much myclobutanil would be contained in this leaf matter...and how about testing a finished nug for any traces of myclobutanil?
this is what I wanna hear about not the obvious.

M

moodster

yes lets see a test :banana1sv6: as too 251 days in a plant LOL must be stupidest thing ive read today

true grit

true grit

I can understand the sciene for sure, but lets take a look by application, such as with Imid. supposedly works its way out of a plant/remains effective for 30-45 days...in practical application I have seen it fed at lower rates (much like you do when using eagle20 or avid/floramite) and barely be effective for 14-18 days. Same with rooms that are not properly treated for pm- the eagle is rarely effective for longer than 15-20 days. To me that shows, that though there may residual chemical in the plant cell life itself- its not even enough to be effective. Does it mean I want to ingest chemicals? Preferably not, but its pointing in the direction that new growth on a plant may not carry as much chemical concentration as cell tissue applied to- which wouldnt even be effective for entire plant life.

Guess another thing to consider would be at what point you apply and not necessarily how systemic it is but how aggressively it carries over to newer rapid cell growth in rapid stages of growth. You can spray at flip and increase plant matter by 90%. Does that mean the new 90% growth is as toxic as original sprayed tissue- I highly doubt it, which is why it loses effectivity so much faster. its already on a decline rate after application to begin with and thats with existing cell tissue area. Spray it on buds- sure, im sure it will be there. Spray a clone, and i doubt anything in the bud would be worth worrying about if they can find traces at all. Just using logic here from actual application and effectivity.

But yeah, lets see someone use it correctly in early veg state/or clone and test the buds when they are done 90-120 days later.

I would be more worried about the relevant chemicals used in everyday food we directly consume (at whatever rates/whenever they see fit) than this in pot we smoke or process....i mean really- Chickenmans food warnings scare me more than this. Shit or all the trace pharmaceuticals that are proven to cause problems that are now in everyones drinking water again jsut saying.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

all this is a waste of time till someone actually sends off for lab tests using foilage from cannibus sprayed...I mean I think Chemchris is showing the breakdown in soil, not certain here, but it might make a difference.
How mysterious is this stuff..if someone sprayed a clone then vegged it until there was mostly new growth...how much myclobutanil would be contained in this leaf matter...and how about testing a finished nug for any traces of myclobutanil?
this is what I wanna hear about not the obvious.

+1

Lab tests or STFU already.

M

maestro

Co 81

General Ripper- How bout instead of trying to scare everyone away from using Eagle20, you use your expertise and knowledge to be proactive and explain to folks how to keep a room PM free in the first place? Just a thought, cuz it would be more helpful than this crap.

WTF kind of mod from a medical state advocates this bullshit?
How sad! I dare you.
Sell me or anyone I know
some your poisoned bud get your legs n arms broke n wake up in a ditch then go home to find your shit burned down.....if your stupid assholes
need protective gear just to apply it you shouldn't be using it inside at all let alone on shit you smoke.....

Take this to church wanna bees.

2DogWalker

To all those worried about Eagle20,

I firstly would like to see the lab results...and I would also like to see whats worse for the 90% of people that smoke weed with Myclobutanil sprayed on it, the Eagel20 or the fucking heartattack sacks they grab up every day, every week, every month, every year....

Go stand in front of your local fast food joint and bitch about the additives they feed to the cows and spray on the crops you are feeding your kids, or go the farm that supplies food for your kids school lunches (oh wait those are factories not farms).......... These forums have heard enough about it, search it, all the informations there....

Science has and does lie to us everyday, until then I will take true experience over your theories all day EVERYday....

Respect
2DW

The HC

The HC

Although there's no proof yet that treated plants will even show positive for myclobutinil. Despite 3 different Nobel Prize winners encouraging that it be banned.

But I still think that everyone should discontinue using it as a safety precaution. It's not the only PM treatment and the alternatives don't have the same risk. Staying with it would be irresponsible and anyone who continues to use it should feel like a massive dick.

Really who the fuck plays around with cancer like that? Have you seen anyone die from cancer? It's not just another way to kick the bucket.

"Science lies to us everyday".
How ignorant can you make yourself out to be? Information can be wrong and proven untrue, saying anything this way. Just shows that you don't care about giving other people cancer and will refuse to believe it no matter what because it's convenient for you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It looks like TG is concerned about my computer time. :giggle
In my efforts to reduce post count and length, by necessity that means many details about my growing methods, problems and successes are left out. How many grow thread do you see here by me? I don't have time to do that, I fit in what I can in the mornings. But hey, TG grows the fiyah and that's all we need to know! He's an expert on all of this stuff, just ask him.

Do I really need to drag out all the readily available ag literature again??? And if I do, who will read it? Will you, TG? It's so simple to get onto Google Scholar and search on either Eagle 20 resistance or myclobutanil resistance. (Mycobutanil is the active ingredient in Eagle 20)

To the people claiming that it can't or won't cause resistance, have you even read the label on your bottle of Eagle 20? The manufacturer themselves state that it can and will cause resistance. But hey, we don't have time to read the fucking label, do we?

After reading the MSDS on Eagle 20 I was far less concerned with toxicity and creating problems for myself than I was, and still am, with creating a problem that can't be handled without going nuclear. I still stand by that. I can only do what I can do, tell me how to control the products other farmers in my state use and I'll do my best to make a statement. That statement can only go so far because I can't be responsible for everyone else's actions. I can only tell them what I believe to be factual, my experiences, etcetera.

So, what do I do about grape growers here? I don't drink, so...? What do I do about strawberry growers? I don't eat much fruit, so...? What do I do about people eating shit food? I talk to them about what I know and that's about all I can or will do.

Either you want to be informed, willing to learn new things every day, or you're not. Either you can accept a shift in your personal paradigm, or you can't.
Fuckin' ACE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom