• Thread starter GeneralRipper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
:banana1sv6:LOL, alright, ibTheMan, all that I ask is take a pic!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

K guys, with lab testing available, there is really no excuse for us as a community to not have at least a preliminary timeline of when when these pesticides are safe to use (negligible/no trace amounts detected in final product), and when trace amounts begin to be show up.

So let's figure this out, with official lab tests posted for the world to see, and make it a sticky. Makes sense to test samples that were treated in early veg, as that is how it is probably typically used - as a preventative treatment on outside clones coming into our gardens. Depending on the outcome, we can then test either product from clones taken from treated mothers, or on late veg treatments. We should also establish a treatment/tracelevel timeline for floramite and similar products.

Let me reiterate that there really is no excuse for us, as a community, not knowing and promoting this type of information when the means for testing are readily available. The fees are a pittance compared to the revenues some people make, so that shouldn't be an issue. And perhaps a lab would sponsor or at least discount some tests (for pesticide application education, not potency) that are specifically for sharing and promoting education in the grower community.

Let's please stop all the arguing, because it's a bit sickening to see some people impugn other people's character and good faith. And that IS what I see happening here, since no one has demonstrable evidence of what "responsible use" is, specific to cannabis cultivation, and yet still hold very strong opinions of what that is. I'm certain that myself, TG, OGR, and most others do operate on good faith and will adjust fire when proven necessary based on forthcoming lab results. I certainly will. And if not, well, everyone will have to acknowledge the evidence presented. But let's leave ego out of it and end the pissing contests for now.

Fader out.

Edit: I have early-veg treated samples that are ready for testing now that I will gladly volunteer. Looking for assistance since I live nowhere near Santa Cruz or any other testing facility.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
WE should contact a lab and do that for all the popular products that people use and may or maynot jeopardize our safety!

baba G

G

GeneralRipper

Wee need to make sure the lab tests for all the active ingredients. Someone with eagle should post them.

lil history on Dow AgroSciences - A Dow Chemical Company

"The Dow Chemical Company, with annual sales exceeding $30 billion US, is the largest chemical manufacturing company in the world. Despite being one of the richest companies on the planet, Dow has done little to be a good steward of the environment. Dow's environmental track record includes the original manufacturing and distribution of now highly restricted or banned (in the United States) chemicals such as DDT, Agent Orange, Dursban (pesticide) and asbestos."

even if the shit could be safe I not supporting these people. I say cut it down incinerate(not in a pipe) it as apposed to using eagle but that just My Opinion. I'm glad we are working towards getting some tests done.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Great to see some interest!

Step 1:
Who has a good contact with one of these labs that could pitch this project?
(because, yes, I think we should ask for sponsorship)

For my part, I would be glad to create an online data repository, and work the charting & online data presentation end.

B

budseyeveiw

Wee need to make sure the lab tests for all the active ingredients. Someone with eagle should post them.

lil history on Dow AgroSciences - A Dow Chemical Company

"The Dow Chemical Company, with annual sales exceeding $30 billion US, is the largest chemical manufacturing company in the world. Despite being one of the richest companies on the planet, Dow has done little to be a good steward of the environment. Dow's environmental track record includes the original manufacturing and distribution of now highly restricted or banned (in the United States) chemicals such as DDT, Agent Orange, Dursban (pesticide) and asbestos."

even if the shit could be safe I not supporting these people. I say cut it down incinerate(not in a pipe) it as apposed to using eagle but that just My Opinion. I'm glad we are working towards getting some tests done.

wow your worse than a jehovahs witness.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you treat cuts as you take them - mom them out and then take cuts that you are gonna flower I highly doubt you will find any trace of the active ingredients in your finished product

if your spraying in veg right before flower chances are your smoking some residual chems

really the worst part of most people using eagle 20 is the damage they do to themselves by not using proper gear to prevent exposure during treatment of the plants

nuttso

nuttso

i'm quite sure that if you provide some extra uv light and a better spectrum in veg after application, you will reduce the time of the chems being in there.

green punk

green punk

really the worst part of most people using eagle 20 is the damage they do to themselves by not using proper gear to prevent exposure during treatment of the plants[/QUOTE]

What about the left over going down the drain? Where I am at the aquifer is as shallow as 50' if not less.
I think dude is on it. Lets find out about the half life of these products.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
What about the left over going down the drain? Where I am at the aquifer is as shallow as 50' if not less.
I think dude is on it. Lets find out about the half life of these products.

yep another good point

M

MIway

not like the nutes we toss out has any effect to the water supply & all... modern farmin is modern farmin... pretty darn unsafe & destructive. and growin weed is farmin.

A

aperry975

Restictive cannabis laws account for the lack of testing on these products and I do agree we need more testing. I do know that eagle 20 is heavily used on grapes in the napa valley for the same PM and botyris that plagues us as medical cannabis growers. Red wine also has its skins squeezed straight into the wine, thats where the color comes from. I could only assume some testing has been done on the grape end. The more frightening thing is all the people who buy the semi commercially grown flowers at the dispensaries that probably have those products (avid, eagle, floromite) sprayed on them a lot later into flower then someone like us would use them, costs a lot of money for someone growing for cash to lose lbs. Dunking a clone is probably much safer in comparison and you'd probably be the last one to get cancer if you look at it that way. After growing for a while, i can only imagine what I've inhaled over the years of random bags I've smoked over the years. What do you think was on all the mexi weed you burned as a kid, probably DDT the day before harvest. I think that early and minimal use of eagle is probably the least of my worries.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Paraquat was on some of the Mexi-weed I got a hold of. Good stuff.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
SC labs does not test for myclobutanil. Let me know if you guys have another source.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't have a source for wheel reinvention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom