• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Whats meme? I call my granny that.

Back to the topic at hand.

You all have it wrong with the bathing in it or the snorting of it.

The best way to use eagle 20 is as a marinade. I like to soak my steaks for 24hours prior to grilling them. Add a little lemon pepper and... well, it's scrum diddly umptious.

Don't sell yourself short or your tastebuds; I hear if you mix eagle 20 & avid & floramite into the marinade the flavor is sublime!

A

aperry975

i double checked the half life and 60-70 days is for golf course turf and the calculation has metabolic rate of turf as one of the main factors. So without doing a plant specific test, you can't determine half life. I'd have to guess the metabolic rate of MMJ is a little higher, similar to grapes where its been labeled "safe" to use. The birds they were testing seemed to be ok drinking from the golf course lakes and eating bugs from fresh sprayed grass. I'm gonna start double dunking clones just because I can. Maybe even a little on my steak, good lookin out baba G.

J

JonathonStrange

sorrey gotta chime in on a cpl things. I have worked in pest control for 10 years. There would be no product avalible to the general public that one drop on the skin will cause cancer. When the EPA bans a pesticide it is banned based on "IT"S PROBABILITY OF MISS USE" in other words if the EPA thinks the product might be missused they will remove it from the market. A great example of this was a product called Avitrol (it's been a while so I might have miss spelled it) The directions clearley read that it was to be mixed a certain ratio with a bird seed (the product was used for pigeon control) an exterminator on a job did not folow the directions and just pourded it out. The EPA found out about and instantley removed the product from the market. one person made one misaplication and it was banned. So how such a lethal product is avalible to anyone with out any kind of aplicators licence is beyound me. It cost a company about 9 million dollars to bring a pesticide to market so his stuff is not just manufactured and relised for use. It is tested in conjunction with various goverment agencies to make sure it is safe when used correctly.
I also saw a post on DDT and this one realy angers me...DDT is a safe product when used corectly it is the most affective mosquitocide there was. A book called silent spring was released claiming that it was softening the shell of eagle eggs among many other claims. All these claims were later proved false but yet DDT is still banned. As a result my number may be high but over 2.5 million ppl a year die from mosquito vectored illnesses Malaria and the like because nothing worked as well. Also since we moved away from the use of pesticide we now have a bed bug epidemic. It is only getting worse (This is one of those problems that when you see it first hand is horrifying). So if you are a frequent traveler please pull the covers off your bed and look for them, If you bring them home with you, your realy screwed. (please pm if you have any questions on this subject i will be glad to help)
As with any pesticide you MUST follow the label from mixing instructions to where and how to apply it. If you don't you are breaking the law.
Do I want to smoke pot covered with pesticide no, thats because inhalation is the worst form of exsposure there is. This would also be true if you found ants in your fire wood pile and went to home depot picked up a jug of whatever did not read the label carefuly and sprayed your wood with it. Congradulations you just released a toxic cloud in your home.Would I be terrified of pesticide no, not when it's used correctly and labeled for use on fruits. If it said don't consume product for 14 days then I wouldn't. one last thing if these products were so lethal wouldn't most of us exterminators be dead?
Just like anything else respect what your working with follow the instructions and you should be fine, if there is a way that you can acheive the same reseults by way of a natural mixture thats great to. Just don't demonize one because it is designed to do what it does chemicaly.
Sorrey for the rant

I

ibTheMan

This whole thing comes down to One Thing, Use the shit if you want, Or Dont use it, Simple.

true grit

true grit

HOW TO AVOID PM:

1) Stop growing weed.
2) Eat a sandwich and relax.

PM thrives in the same environment as herb TG, so I dont agree with the environment theory, UNLESS you live in a remote area where PM does not exist yet on the surrounding flora. However, there are definitely things you can do to make your plant healthier, and less susceptible to the PM. Like inncoulate with bennies, to get the plant to start throwin down some SAR, add silicon to the diet, and burn sulfur to keep the spores from hanging with the ladies. All safer methods than spraying.

Also, there is nothing wrong with PM resistant strains. Who wouldn't want their favorite medicine to have that trait? Its one less worry, good environment or not.

And on that note, I am going to go spray a cannadential with some eagle 20, because there was not enough ventilation in my veg canopy. Case in point TG. Not gonna risk losing another crop to PM ever again.

Not completely correct brother man. Like several have said, it comes down to environment. As in proper environmental controls, temp/rh climb drops in control, proper humidifier/dehuey controls, proper temp controls, proper airflow, vpd issues, etc... do shit on point and it can't thrive with healthy plants...slip up while trying to maintain a proper room and have issues. If you are getting PM probably one or more of those things is well out of range- most common mistake I see is RH too low or inconsistent.

As I stated before:
Clean rooms with mix of bleach water topped off with some 91 rubbing alcohol. I also recommend burning sulfur between grows because the vapor gets into all the little cracks ware spores can hide. The best organic preventive stuff is Mycostop:
http://www.groworganic.com/mycostop-biofungicide-5-gram-pack.html

Its ray fungus and its mycelium will prevent pm from going systemic. Its needs to be established for over 2 weeks before it can do that so yeah its only a preventative. Ray fungus mycelium also adds vigor and fix some nutrient deficiencies. Eagle kills all fungi and not all fungi are bad.

Yes those are measures of cleaning a room for PM, what I was referring to is actual environmental control of a room to prevent PM from infecting plants.

Know several folks spraying/using the bacterial preventatives that are very happy....but they also started using them after we got the environment nailed a bit better so that has helped as well. For the price the bacterial foliars look like a good preventative and obviously much safer than e20.

M

mrdizzle

I have grown for 5 yrs, 2 blocks from the pacific ocean, in foggy ass SF. I had PM once, due to a cut that had PM from a member here on the farm. Never having had it before I had no idea that it would spread from one clone to both my rooms.

My RH was usually 65%. So Im not in the group that thinks its environment, Im in the group that believes you get it from a source.

I sprayed with eagle 20 once, then burnt sulfur once, and never had PM again

keeping PM out of your garden is probably the best way to avoid PM.

true grit

true grit

well the rh you are talking about is in teh range that usually falls in ideal vpd or healthy rh range...so again, I'd say environment is a huge part. PM is everywhere, you track it in all the time. I can point it out in grass or plants around most the spots I know of grows at....some of those grows get PM, others don't. Guess which ones don't.

Agreed, keeping it out of the garden is also important- not negating that fact in teh least but a healthy room has a much better chance of fighting it off.

B

Buddy Hemphill

This stuff is bad news. WTF is wrong with people using ordamental poison on an herb you smoke. IDIOTS! I really don'r see whats so tuff about using a neem regiment. Once a week spray will keep PM n mites under control and during an outbreak every four days spraying will stop it. With the dust n mites n mold around here if you dont have a healthy means of control you are sol..........
Seems common place to poison the shit out of flowers, tumble them then off them to the oblivious public. Consider it a friendly warning from an unseen angel.................Let me toss a lil quality assurance in the ring.We catch ANYONE selling poison herbs or tumbling buds n slingin them ANYWHERE on the front range, we will break thier arms and legs to give them a bit of time to think about "health". Fuck all these gay lil regs n rules you wanna make the streets your hustle you'll play by the its rules too...

LOL....really?

B

Buddy Hemphill

How long does the manufacturer say it stays in the plants?

30 days....60 days?

B

budseyeveiw

Wait a minute. Are you fucking serious? First you apply this "you have to be a scientist" meme at me as some sort of rule in order to discuss this stuff, but apparently anyone who has a nick you recognize is good enough. Awesome. But then you just BLOW RIGHT PAST the fact that the EPA, et alia, HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED HALF LIFE RATES, etcetera, for BOTH myclobutanil AND napthalene.

Are you fucking serious? Or did everything else really get past you that easily?

come again? has the product been banned? nope.. good enough for me. i know what a half life is. the debate is wether the said chemicals in small amount will cause cancer, and like i say already that is a judgement for scientist to evaluate and then make the public (you and i ) aware. not for you to come around trying to force feed people your opinion.. because as a fact.. it is JUST YOUR OPINION. which we are all entitled too..

i just noticed your post count 6000 posts in around a year? how many are about eagle20?

anyway back on topic..

B

budseyeveiw

Don't sell yourself short or your tastebuds; I hear if you mix eagle 20 & avid & floramite into the marinade the flavor is sublime!

im thinking if it cures mildew and mold, will it cure my athletes foot????

this thread has been a great advertisement for me for eagle20... so many possitive experences, and great growers chiming in with there success. so thus ive ordered some:)

eagle20 bbq here we come!:banana1sv6:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i just noticed your post count 6000 posts in around a year? how many are about eagle20?

anyway back on topic..
Ahh... the old "how many posts do you have in such and thus period of time" obfuscation tactic, eh? Nice try, kid, but it doesn't work on me. I can touch type and think at the same time, which means that I can touch type as quickly as I think. Of course, that doesn't detract from the fact that, for whatever reason, you're concerned about my post count, which is not only silly, but as I said before, nothing more than obfuscation.

As for how many posts I have about Eagle 20, it's up to you to go look, but yeah, I've posted plenty.

If you need an expert to tell you something's wrong with laypeople using a product that's only for those so licensed to use it, then go find you an expert and have them tell you. My daddy's a doctor, should I have him read it, and then I'll retype what he says? Or, you could try reading the label.

Either way, it's been decided here at the farm that the best way to treat PM infected plants is to mix yourself up a nice Eagle 20 cocktail and quaff it down. :)

Me? I'll stick with the tried and true paraquat. (I can't be the only stoner here who remembers paraquat weed, can I?)

B

Buddy Hemphill

Ahh... the old "how many posts do you have in such and thus period of time" obfuscation tactic, eh? Nice try, kid, but it doesn't work on me. I can touch type and think at the same time, which means that I can touch type as quickly as I think. Of course, that doesn't detract from the fact that, for whatever reason, you're concerned about my post count, which is not only silly, but as I said before, nothing more than obfuscation.

As for how many posts I have about Eagle 20, it's up to you to go look, but yeah, I've posted plenty.

If you need an expert to tell you something's wrong with laypeople using a product that's only for those so licensed to use it, then go find you an expert and have them tell you. My daddy's a doctor, should I have him read it, and then I'll retype what he says? Or, you could try reading the label.

Either way, it's been decided here at the farm that the best way to treat PM infected plants is to mix yourself up a nice Eagle 20 cocktail and quaff it down. :)

Me? I'll stick with the tried and true paraquat. (I can't be the only stoner here who remembers paraquat weed, can I?)

HAHA....nah....I remember.....lol

you're dating yourself...btw...

B

budseyeveiw

sea maiden.. have you stopped to realise smoking kills you?

your dads an interesting guy..owns a sugar plantation and hes a doctor lol is he also clark kent?? damn the post number thing didnt work..

Blaze

Blaze

come again? has the product been banned? nope.. good enough for me. i know what a half life is. the debate is wether the said chemicals in small amount will cause cancer, and like i say already that is a judgement for scientist to evaluate and then make the public (you and i ) aware. not for you to come around trying to force feed people your opinion.. because as a fact.. it is JUST YOUR OPINION. which we are all entitled too..

anyway back on topic..

Good lord you people are fucking idiots. This thread is a good reminder of why I don't smoke indoor anymore unless I know the grower and know that they actually know what the hell they are doing. Eagle 20 causing cancer is not an opinion it is a fact. IT SAYS SO RIGHT ON THE FUCKING LABEL YOU MORON. Do you know what "carcinogenic" means or do I have to explain that too? I'm guessing 99% of the people on here who use it have never even read the goddamn MSDS or even know how to properly apply it. You would think that people would be thankful that General Ripper and Seamaiden are trying to alert the community to a potential health hazard. But nope, you jack asses just rip on them and pretend to know better than the EPA, the company the makes the product, the scientists that research it, and the professionals who use it. Oh well I guess it is natural selection at work - if you are dumb enough to improperly use something like Eagle 20 (which apparently almost everyone on this thread is) then you deserve to be removed form the gene pool. If you assholes weren't so fucking lazy maybe you would actually do some research and discover that there are other cheaper, more effective, and less toxic ways to deal with PM. But nope, clinking on a link and reading about what you are using in addition to investing in proper protective gear so you can safely use the chemicals it is too hard for you geniuses apparently. Have fun smoking your shitty toxic weed guys!

nuttso

nuttso

If you assholes weren't so fucking lazy maybe you would actually do some research and discover that there are other cheaper, more effective, and less toxic ways to deal with PM.

Finish already flowering plants, remove everything, clean with sulphur and ozon, start over with seeds. Keep everything clean. Btw, there are several ways to rejuvenate a clone after threating it with whatever chemical you wan't. But like blaze said. You have to know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom