East Coast Sour Diesel(clone) gallery

• Thread starter jah_hoover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

You couldnt be more wrong, first of all I have ran out packs of rez sour d and in comparison with the true ECSD the two are not even remotely comparable in quality or even in looks. Second, being from the east coast originally and having grown up blazing ECSD, I can confidently say that you would not be referring to ECSD as the weaker worn out cut of diesel if you had actually come across the true cut. Their are cats on the East Coast that have been sitting on the same mom for over 10 years and treasure it like it was their birth child since quality cuts are hard to come by when you are forced to operate underground. Furthermore, saying that they ECSD is watered down on the west coast may be true but in saying that, it would be like me sitting on a cuts of swerves SFV OG while living in the east coast and claiming that clone only cut of SFV is watered down. Just sayin':rolleyes:

Wrong about what? Where did I compare rez's version of ECSD to the real Sour Diesel cut? I said...
" The Sour Diesel going around by ECSD tag is most likely the weaker/worn out version of Sour Diesel or it could be from Rez's gear "
Don't get it twisted bro.. I've ran REZs gear and i'm saying its weak, if you missed it.. But it all depends on what pheno you get, I've smoked some of rez's phenos that are very close to Sour D.

I'm referring to the Sour D out mostly in Cali that come with ECSD tag and its usually worn out, final product has good flavor but the high doesn't last and the smell isn't as loud. So yes most of Sour Diesel with the ECSD tag around these parts is weak, Some are tired version of original cuts that came from the east and others are possibly clones version of rez's gear.. But out here the Sour D that has the AJs Moniker is usually bomb AAA dank.. But if you're getting it from kats in the east its less likely they will be calling it ECSD...

From what i've read and the peeps I know up in the East Coast they refer to it as Sours, Sourd D or Sour Diesel not ECSD, it all depends on who you know.. There are weaker versions of Sour D out in the east coast as well..

Your comment about comparing Real SFV clone to Swerve's version doesn't apply here.. Like I pointed out above , i never compared the Sour Diesel Clone to any of Rez's watered down gear..

If you need further schooling, let me know... or hit up your peeps up in the East..;)

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Wrong about what? Where did I compare rez's version of ECSD to the real Sour Diesel cut? I said...
" The Sour Diesel going around by ECSD tag is most likely the weaker/worn out version of Sour Diesel or it could be from Rez's gear "
Don't get it twisted bro.. I've ran REZs gear and i'm saying its weak, if you missed it.. But it all depends on what pheno you get, I've smoked some of rez's phenos that are very close to Sour D.

I'm referring to the Sour D out mostly in Cali that come with ECSD tag and its usually worn out, final product has good flavor but the high doesn't last and the smell isn't as loud. So yes most of Sour Diesel with the ECSD tag around these parts is weak, Some are tired version of original cuts that came from the east and others are possibly clones version of rez's gear.. But out here the Sour D that has the AJs Moniker is usually bomb AAA dank.. But if you're getting it from kats in the east its less likely they will be calling it ECSD...

From what i've read and the peeps I know up in the East Coast they refer to it as Sours, Sourd D or Sour Diesel not ECSD, it all depends on who you know.. There are weaker versions of Sour D out in the east coast as well..

Your comment about comparing Real SFV clone to Swerve's version doesn't apply here.. Like I pointed out above , i never compared the Sour Diesel Clone to any of Rez's watered down gear..

If you need further schooling, let me know... or hit up your peeps up in the East..;)
Yeah bro, you sure schooled me.:confused: I will be posting pics on here of my ECSD be on the lookout, Nuff said.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Jah, So what you got is the Original Diesel aka Daywercker aka Headband aka underdog..? I just want to clarify this.. This entire time I was thinking you were holding AJs cut of ECSD aka Sour Diesel.. Does your diesel throw nanners when ran indoors? That cross you got going sounds tasty, will be on the look out.. Peace

Yes the cut i have is the Original Diesel clone, when i first put this thread up i thought the cut i had was ECSD cut but after my research and meeting up with all the big players in the game at HTC events and smoking this cut out with other ECSD versions. I can now verify this cut to be Original Diesel clone and not ECSD.

I recently smoked this cut with JJNYC and Lemonman and at the last Hightimes B-Real loved my O.D buds and also confirmed it to be the original Diesel clone. So basically it as has been verfied by a few knowledgble people.

fractaLz

fractaLz

The AJ that was passed to Europe as the "Original Sour Diesel', is def thought to be the Original Diesel at this point. I hold both the original AJ, and the OSD which was given to me by a well-known breeder who received it from Chemdog. For awhile we thought they were the same cut and just experiencing genetic drift... After multiple grows we're pretty sure that the AJ and OSD are different. I would lean towards it being the Original Diesel as Jah mentions above.

I find that the Original Diesel is definitely sour-esque, but the fuel taste is a heavy, dirtier type of aroma and taste. Almost like you picked up a shop cloth and inhaled it.

The AJ, which we got from Brooklyn in 04' and subsequently was released across upstate NY, is much more of a sour fuel taste. It's like holding a straw above a can of kerosene, and sucking in the fumes. The sour is so pronounced its almost sharp.

IMO, samples of OSD can smell similar to the AJ, especially if you don't have them side-by-side. But once you start smoking a bunch you realize that the sour note isn't as sharp.

Hope this helps clear the air a little bit.

fractaLz

fractaLz

Here is some 91 day AJ
IMG 1688
IMG 1686

fractaLz

fractaLz

Thanks bro.... Yea, you'll love her at 84... I'm sure a few peeps hold this cut as ECSD, I think where most people are falling short is not taking her the full 12 weeks. You simply won't get that extra kick that she can put out. She is also an old clone, and east coast growing methodologies 15+ years ago weren't the same. It for sure has degraded over the years, and that makes her hard to dial. I've seen really good growers completely strikeout with her.
This was one of my better rounds recently. The purple effect is from the new Mr. Slim and going 91 days. I run a completely organic regiment with her, except for week 4-5-6 I add half strength Liquid Kool Bloom. That really helps to push those calyx's out like that, otherwise you'll end up with more conifer shaped buds. She's also a calmag whore, since I push her at least 12 weeks, I give calmag at full to 150% strength right up to 6 weeks. I get extra nitrogen from worm castings in teas I brew. The combo of extra calmag and a nitrogen source until week 5, will prevent her from premature yellowing. There is nothing worst than having to trim out those classic claw-like fingerling leaves that are tight to the bud. Those will yellow out at week 9 if you aren't careful.

true grit

true grit

Ya count me as one to strike out with her. Just really didn't nail her this last run, only went 11wks tho. Didn't feed late enough since i planned on chop a bit before 11, so she didn't get near as solid, loud or Sour as i wanted.

Wish i had the patience my friend cuz those shots really look great Fractalz!!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Gritty and his 63 day harem......lol

Hopefully these AJ x White beans cut her time down a bit while keeping the straight deez smell. We'll be the first to know....haha

Getting on 9 weeks with the straight AJ and shes keeping green. Used some high N mexican guano about week6 in hoping that she would keep green for a bit longer. Just now hit her with the MOAB/Hammerhead combo at week 9 and ill get her again at week 10 and then start winding things down. Day after the boost and things are flopping and dropping like a seniors swing party...always amazes me what sort of density that combo adds literally overnight!

One Flip

One Flip

I agree 110% with that statement. Mine always puts off straight chunkers and I have never seen it foxtail. That cut resembles rez's SD. I am running out my ECSD as we speak, pics will be coming very soon.:D

i just posted these pics in the smokers lounge because they were talking about different types of SD. Diesel is by far my favorite smoke so it's nice to stumble across this thread! I have two different variations that i swear came from the same tray. One has chunky tops, real thick and blocky..does foxtail a hair at 12 weeks..but drys darker and not so limey when finished.. i also have one that looks and finishes like straight dreads.. this one i like a little more.. doesn't produce quite as thick tops but cures frosty and a nice light lime color.. both have the same smell.. Here is a couple pics of the blocky one.. i wish i had closeups.. i should probably spend some more time in this section and get some tips so I can brush up on my photo skills:) This was at about 9.5 weeks. i got it from LA about 6 years ago. does this look similar to yours?
IMG 1215
IMG 1214

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

i just posted these pics in the smokers lounge because they were talking about different types of SD. Diesel is by far my favorite smoke so it's nice to stumble across this thread! I have two different variations that i swear came from the same tray. One has chunky tops, real thick and blocky..does foxtail a hair at 12 weeks..but drys darker and not so limey when finished.. i also have one that looks and finishes like straight dreads.. this one i like a little more.. doesn't produce quite as thick tops but cures frosty and a nice light lime color.. both have the same smell.. Here is a couple pics of the blocky one.. i wish i had closeups.. i should probably spend some more time in this section and get some tips so I can brush up on my photo skills:) This was at about 9.5 weeks. i got it from LA about 6 years ago. does this look similar to yours?
View attachment 321723View attachment 321727
I have seen a similar pheno to these chunky ladies. The one that I am running looks much different however, mine stretches a lot more, does not yield nearly as much and the fan leaves will almost turn a blackish purple hue round weeks 9-10. I can post some pictures that I have from last round, the pics just kinda suck cuz I don't really have the right:( You're garden looks impressive, ru running in soil or coco?

Latest posts

Top Bottom